Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: A Different Level of Hype
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,068

Plyler's Blog: A Different Level of Hype

Jun 15, 2015, 9:30 AM

A Different Level of Hype

A Different Level of Hype
When Clemson faced Notre Dame in 1977, I saw something I had never seen before...ticket scalpers.

I was a little fella at the time and hadn't seen too many $100 bills, but I saw fans standing in Lot 5 holding them up looking for tickets.

When the Irish come to

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the biggest ever hype I've seen for a game in DV

Jun 15, 2015, 4:18 PM

was in 2013 for the FSU game. That was insane the amount of hype and media coverage for that game. Clemson was on ESPN every single day, that entire week. I think it led to players getting distracted and a little big-headed and wide-eyed. No was was FSU the better team by 40 points that season.

$750 a night for a hotel?

Jun 16, 2015, 7:43 AM

That has to be total...if not, the hotels need to be sued for price gauging...that's ridiculous.

Not the total

Jun 17, 2015, 6:37 AM

In-town hotels routinely charge $400 or more per night, 2-night minimum, for home football weekends. It's insane, without a doubt, but somehow they get away with it. Mostly because people are crazy enough to pay it.

Re: Plyler's Blog: A Different Level of Hype

Jun 16, 2015, 7:48 AM

I was in the student section for the game. Still PO that they called back the Clemson touchdown for being a forward lateral even though Steve was behind the line of scrimmage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Dan Devine spent the whole game on the playing field

Jun 16, 2015, 8:41 AM

and not once got a penalty. That's what I remember most.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GaT Game after ND Game is the One that Scares Me

Jun 16, 2015, 10:28 PM

My concern is we will have all the hype in the world after D-Wat and team go off vs. the Irish in a 13-plus point win. Then we get GaT and their gadget Offense the very next week after Natl Media describes us as the most exciting team in the country. Sure I'm getting ahead of myself, but Dabo and Coach Venables will have their work cut out for them after our big ND win to keep our Tiger team in focus for the bigger GaT game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,068
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic