Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack Leggett Thank you.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Jack Leggett Thank you.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:30 AM

Thank you for your years of loyalty and dedication to Clemson Baseball and Clemson University. You leave a record that will stand for a long time. It is unfortunate that Clemson could not see to follow Georgia's ways when Mark Richt had a slump and help him climb back on top. Jacks competitive nature would not allow him to quit. Two irreconcilable positions that in days of past would have been handled in a better way. Jack deserved to exit on his terms. For those that have been calling for his departure keep your emails as they will now see a revolving door of coaches at Clemson. Best of luck Jack. Your one of a kind and this Clemson fan appreciates all you have done for Clemson Baseball except expanding the stadium and facilities that took our motor home space :). I hope you get some time to decompress and reap the rewards of a great career. Frank Howard, Danny Ford, Bill Whilhelm and Jack Leggett. #### good company sir.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Re: Jack Leggett Thank you.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:31 AM

sorry for your loss. :(

Wow.....

Jun 10, 2015, 2:14 PM

TDs for a post sending condolences to the OP. Wow. So typical here. That is the very definition of bashing. Link not needed. You have to be blind not to see that it has become a sport on TigerNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Wow.....

Jun 10, 2015, 2:18 PM

haters gonna TD...

Haters gonna TD, TD, TD, TD, TD.....

Jun 10, 2015, 4:33 PM

T. Swift

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 10:35 AM

I am in 100% agreement, Tiger Tim. However, you have come to the wrong board for this. This board is about the sport of Jack-Bashing. Your post will likely be met with only snarky replies and negative nonsense. Its a shame, but its all they know.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:40 AM

Link to some of this Jack bashing...

TIA....

Before you post a link reminder posting facts about the mans record and lack of championships is not "bashing".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 10, 2015, 10:47 AM

C'mon 117. While your constant refrain is about championships (and serving as the grammar and coot police), you know good and well that this place is all about bashing Jack and the baseball team. To disagree would be disingenuous. Link? Try reading 99% of badb's ignorant posts.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:02 AM

LOL he gave you a TD for telling the truth. You sir are spot on about 117. OH here comes a td

Jun 10, 2015, 11:05 AM

I downvoted no one. You should refrain from talking out of your ### Armsb.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 11:20 AM

I didn't say you did you should refrain from being paranoid

Jun 10, 2015, 11:31 AM

"LOL he gave you a TD for telling the truth. You sir are spot on about 117. OH here comes a td"

This dude has gone off the deep end....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Jun 10, 2015, 11:42 AM

I have to be off the deep end to put up with some of y'all LOL

can you provide a list of those persons?

It looks like that's exactly what you said.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

Not that I care, but others might.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17344579

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It looks like that's exactly what you said.

Oh come francis you really do care LOL

Jun 10, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

Umm that is pretty much exactly what you said...

Are you really that stupid?

null

Jun 10, 2015, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

I too wanted a College world series. I posted a Tiger Paw on the new stadium in Omaha as it was completed. Yes pointing out there is a championship missing in his resume is correct but there is more to life than winning. It is about how you play the game, character, loyalty, dedication. Characteristics Jack has shown and our world is loosing. Clemson took a step away from what Clemson is in the way we handled this matter. Jack deserved more respect in my opinion. The absence of any comments concerning Clemson and its administration in his statement says it all. Thank you coaches, thank you players thank you supporting fans.

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Jun 10, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

You need a link? Look above somebody gave the poster a TD

Message was edited by: armsb®

Jun 10, 2015, 11:07 AM

really someone TDing the OP = Jack Bashing.... wow.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 11:21 AM

Ok so what else would it be? The guy thanks Jack for his time at Clemson

Jun 10, 2015, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

They're a sensitive bunch...maybe if Jack gets another HC job they can move on and cheer for him wherever that may be...cause that's what they were doing..it sure wasn't for Clemson because if it was, they would have seen that change was beyond needed.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:42 AM

The time at Clemson for a change was evident. I wish Jack had gone out on his own terms but he declined to do so. It is always hard when you have a long time coach that has done a lot for the program, but the results on the field consistently get worse.

I too thank Jack for all he gave Clemson.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:04 AM

How do you know Jack declined to do so?

Jun 10, 2015, 11:17 AM

I made the assumption based on the fact he was fired rather than walking away in a retirement celebration. In my mind, my guess is, he did not want to walk away and preferred to take whatever his payoff was for being relieved of his duties.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:22 AM

Oh i thought maybe something had been reported about it

Jun 10, 2015, 11:25 AM

Nah, personally I feel if he had stepped away we would have had a much different announcement from DRad that a change was being made. Also I feel that Jack would have spoken first.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:43 AM

true

Jun 10, 2015, 11:00 AM

Who the h3ll would give this post a TD. Man up and admit it whoever you are

Jun 10, 2015, 11:33 AM

A TD for a post thanking Jack. Wow. So typical here. That, 117, is the very definition of bashing. Link not needed. You have to be blind not to see that it has become a sport on TigerNet.

By the way, how does one tell if they received a TD or TU? Is there a button I am missing? I see the % sign...

This smells of 117!!!***

Jun 10, 2015, 11:43 AM

While I didn't TD you, I think it's pretty clear as to why

Jun 10, 2015, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

someone did. Polarizing posts will polarize. I think you would have had a warmer reception if you left out the divisive commentary. No need to attack folks in a "Thank You" letter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 10, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Thank you. ]

I didnt downvote the OP either... Why is it that the JL fan club is unable to stick with facts?

Also link to me bashing Jack Leggett... Stating his record and his lack of championships is not bashing. Are you really that sensitive. If so maybe the internet isnt a good place for you.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

TU........and JL should be the last person to wear #7

Clemson baseball should retire #7.

Clemson University - Thank You

Jun 10, 2015, 11:45 AM

Thank you for giving me the privilege of coaching the Tiger baseball team for the last quarter of the century. It was a great program that I inherited from Coach Wilhelm. Together with many outstanding players, we archived some remarkable success that will be etched in my memory forever. It was an honor to coach these fine young men.

Over the years, Clemson has paid me a very fair salary, the fan support was outstanding and the athletic department supportive. The new facilities will help to ensure future a bright future for Clemson Tiger baseball. I truly wish nothing but success for Clemson baseball and will always be supportive of one of the best programs in the nation. I am grateful for being part of that legacy.

Thanks Clemson and as always Go Tigers!

Just my take - but publicly supporting a program that you helped build is an honorable endeavor even upon exiting. Jack Leggett's contributions to Clemson baseball were significant. Hopefully Jack and his friends can continue to be supportive of Clemson even upon parting. It would be sad if his legacy and Clemson baseball were somehow diminished.

Re: Clemson University - Thank You

Jun 10, 2015, 11:47 AM

Did he ever actually thank Clemson University?

The statement I read on here sure didn't sound like it.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/baseball/Statement-Coach-Jack-Leggett-13792

Yes JL's statement expresses all the right sentiments.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:58 AM

But somehow I get the feeing that behind the scenes his supporters don't get it. Their sentiments appear to be that Jack was somehow wronged or a victim of bad fans and a bad AD.

Maybe my perception is off. Certainly I hope what was in Leggett's public statement match his true feelings regarding Clemson.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic