Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Strange Feeling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Strange Feeling

May 26, 2015, 9:17 AM

Strange Feeling

Strange Feeling
I have never pulled for Clemson to lose a sporting event. I know people that called themselves Clemson fans that rooted against the Tigers during the end of the Ken Hatfiield era to make sure a coaching change was made, but I could never make myself do that.

So, I was ha

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Strange Feeling

May 26, 2015, 9:38 AM

Absolutely agree! We have been a below average defensive team all year, and those errors are magnified in playing top competition. If we repeat the 6-error performance in the Furman game or the 4-error debacle vs UNC we can pack our bags. I hold my breath on any ground ball to the left side of the infield. Although Reed Rohlman is a terrific hitter (and may be a fine DH) he is a defensive liability with a way below average throwing arm.

May 26, 2015, 9:58 AM

The team has a plus record against the Top 10...aka: top competition.

This team wasn't a mid-week team. It wasn't a team built/talented/what have you for having a stellar regular season. It is a team constructed for play-offs.

I suspect, perhaps more than any other regional, Fullerton is comprised of 'play-off constructed' teams...not the season grind type that folds under 'win, or go home' pressure. When you have two pitchers with sub-.200 batting averages against them, and one of them is NOT Erwin...you have a chance virtually every other team would relish.

Yup, the defensive liabilities exist...but even those limited themselves when the top teams were the opposition. Perhaps they aren't strong on focus...if so, now would be a really good time to sharpen focus and set it in 'cement'!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and PLEASE wear the sun glasses!***

May 26, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Strange Feeling ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same feeling about Bowden after 'The Finish'...

It was an amazing run, that in the long run, didn't help the program

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it did help quite a bit...

May 26, 2015, 12:22 PM

That was the beginning of our competitiveness with FSU and 63-17 can never be undone in Clemson lore. That win over Tennessee doesn't look like much now but at the time they were 5 years removed from a National Championship and a consistent national power.

Rohlman's missed catch cost us the FSU game to start the ACC Tournament and with it, a chance to make the finals. White has a great arm, but he keeps making throws in the dirt to first base. These guys have to quit screwing up and play like they want to win!

May 26, 2015, 12:30 PM

Pretty much agree !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2015, 1:09 PM

Let's recap. You were ready for basketball season to be over, you were ready for baseball season to be over...perhaps you are just a football fan.

May 26, 2015, 1:17 PM

Or, just perhaps, he's a Clemson fan that has watched both teams struggle to beat lesser teams. Has watched both teams have the ability to win and fail. I'm not a fire either coach but neither season for basketball, nor baseball up until this point has been stellar. Go Tigers! Sweep them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic