Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out

Mar 30, 2015, 11:38 AM

Jack has given well over 20 years of mostly excellent service to our university
and I would hope posters would keep it civil. He deserves better than some of the posts
I have seen on here.

I think Jack's time is up but no need to call him names and be snarky.

Show some Class, Tigernet.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out

Mar 30, 2015, 11:40 AM

CLASS ON THIS BOARD IS MOSTLY NONEXISTENT UNFORTUNATELY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2015, 11:49 AM

> CLASS ON THIS BOARD IS MOSTLY NONEXISTENT
> UNFORTUNATELY

pot meet kettle = droberts. lol!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2015, 11:54 AM

POT MEET LEADCOOT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're back???

Mar 30, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out ]

You here to pay off your debt? Or just here to be our house coot whipping boy?

still hasn't made payment of his/her debt?***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, last time I checked his acct

Mar 30, 2015, 12:05 PM

was at a negative balance. Hopefully he is now in good standing with his bank and able to pay up.

Thanks for asking.

sure & not surprised he/she would not honor their debt.***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em leadcoot

Mar 30, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out ]

I have 3 young children. the one that cries the most also

Mar 30, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out ]

Seems to be the least adjusted. He is 7 so I'm hoping he will out grow it.

Just cause my youngest cries the most and loudest doesn't mean the other 2 are bad. They are just more mature. I guess some on here woulda label them as pumpers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 30, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out ]

Dude you are the ultimate negative Nancy. Especially during basketball and football season. The only difference with you is you type in all CAPS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Barring a miraculous turnaround.....

Mar 30, 2015, 11:51 AM

through some type of divine or supernatural intervention, the likes of which has not been witnessed since Moses parted the Red Sea, this will in all likelihood be Jack's last season as Clemson's head baseball coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

so you're saying there's a chance...lol***

Mar 30, 2015, 11:54 AM

At this point, I think there are two chances....

Mar 30, 2015, 12:00 PM

slim and none.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - I don't see any way around it.

Mar 30, 2015, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Barring a miraculous turnaround..... ]

Not only is performance in a very clear decline over an extend period of time, but the fan base is fed up with it as well. Another year of this would bury our baseball program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You mean bury it even further***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:01 PM

Prettty much.***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Doubtful, D-Rad doesnt have the stones to can Jack

Mar 30, 2015, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Barring a miraculous turnaround..... ]

D-Rad's only interested in fund raising and buildings...and handing out stupid buyouts.

Deer alltimecocklover....give it a rest already....***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:38 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson

Mar 30, 2015, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Doubtful, D-Rad doesnt have the stones to can Jack ]

I agree 110%***

Mar 30, 2015, 11:55 AM

I agree and like I've said before,

Mar 30, 2015, 12:02 PM

Jack Leggett is the Clemson version of Frank Beamer at VT. Both are good coaches and have had success but its time for both to retire. Let the programs go ahead and move forward because imo, their time is up.

Re: I agree and like I've said before,

Mar 30, 2015, 12:39 PM

Yep, poor ole Bud Foster drew the short end of that stick. Gotta give it to him though he's loyal to a fault.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

I agree - for whatever reasons, things just aren't working..

Mar 30, 2015, 12:10 PM

out for him anymore but he has taken us to the CWS multiple times. It may be best for all involved for us to go in a different direction HC-wise next season. But I agree that there's no reason to bad-mouth JL. It's just time for a change.

Mar 30, 2015, 12:30 PM

I agree that his time is running out, but I still think he has at least one more season left.

Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:43 PM

I would really be interested to know....

Mar 30, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: It would appear Jack Leggett's time may be running out ]

what makes you think that?

Re: I would really be interested to know....

Mar 30, 2015, 1:05 PM

The ONLY way I can see this happening is if Jack will not retire and forces D-Rads hand and D-Rad cowers to him to avoid the exposure of firing a HOF coach.

Mar 30, 2015, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I would really be interested to know.... ]

His resume buys him some slack. While disappointing by Clemson's standards, the last few years haven't been enough to warrant firing. There are clearly more issues with the baseball program than just the coaching; you have to at least address those before throwing coach as highly regarded as Jack under the bus.

Mar 30, 2015, 1:27 PM

I thought issues were there last year, too, and Jack chose to do NOTHING but continue to do the same thing with no coaching staff changes.

People on here act like he hasn't been given time to "right the ship" and they act like this is the first down year that the baseball program has had under Jack's leadership.

Here are the records the last four years:

2011 43–23 18–12 NCAA Clemson Regional
2012 35–28 16–14 NCAA Columbia Regional
2013 40–22 18–12 NCAA Columbia Regional
2014 36-25 15-14 NCAA Nashville Regional

That's three straight years of not even hosting a regional. And those ACC records two of the last three years (three of the last four) are pitiful by Clemson standards.

MT

This is exactly right. But there is no way people will have

Mar 30, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I would really be interested to know.... ]

the patience to see it that way. AD's understand they can't be too democratic. But they are under tremendous pressure to make the majority happy. Money speaks loudly in modern college athletics, and when big boosters are convinced they are sure about something, they can move aggressively to see it through.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is exactly right. But there is no way people will have

Mar 30, 2015, 1:40 PM

I'd love for Jack or Dan to be honest about what they thought this team was going to be able to do this year or what Jack thinks he needs to be successful, but it'll never happen. All we'll ever get is PC gibberish. I'm clearly in the minority, but I try and evaluate our coaches in the context of the assets the athletic department is willing to give them.

His resume and his dedication to Clemson.....

Mar 30, 2015, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I would really be interested to know.... ]

bought him this season. Anyone else would have been terminated after last season. There is simply just no getting around the fact that the program has been on a steady downward spiral for several years now.

Fire Leggett!!!***

Mar 30, 2015, 12:41 PM

Agreed

Mar 30, 2015, 3:39 PM

Folks who know the program better than I will ultimately make the decision on his future here, but I just don't understand the venom toward the man.

Unless you believe he doesn't care or isn't trying then what is the point in the vitriol folks are throwing his way?

I can understand (and share) the frustration about the direction the program seems to be heading over the last 5 or so years, but there's no reason to allow frustration to become personal and start sharpening the spikes.

If he stays he has my support. If the school decides to part ways I hope it is handled as well as it can be and would expect fans and admin alike to handle it with class.

Re: Agreed

Mar 31, 2015, 1:24 PM

I think Tom that is pretty normal for all fan bases. Coaches know that when their programs have been cloudy with a lot of rain, the coaches better break out the umbrellas, bc a lot of chit will come from the dark clouds. It happens every where!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2015, 1:14 PM

I think that most of the negative remarks toward Jack are from some of the arrogant remarks Jack made toward the fan base at the end of last season. And this season is looking to be even worst than last season. Jack is a professional in the public eye, and his remarks were off base toward a prideful BB fan base. In his position even when a fan base can be rude at times, he should still remain and be the professional.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic