Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Back Loaded
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 5,112

New Story: Back Loaded

Mar 13, 2015, 3:13 PM

Back Loaded

Former offensive coordinator Chad Morris told the media last August that Clemson’s running back situation was the best it had been in years, citing depth and talent across the board. This year? It's better across the board. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Not A Pic Of Jessica Biel ^^^^***

Mar 13, 2015, 3:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Love it...

Mar 13, 2015, 6:32 PM

I really think our backs (o-line too, another sorry) will be the difference in us running the table, carrying us to the CFP. As I do love them all, if I had to rank who I'd play (unless one or more back get hot) would have to be; Gallman, Brooks, Dye, and Choice. All will definitely play and rotate starts and playing time by opponent.
Just a short thought on each if those four, plus Fuller.
Brooks - experience, all around back, one cut
power.
Gallman - love how hard he runs, no extra movement. I hope he's working hard in the off-season because he could be very very good.
Choice - (very high on him from high school) explosive, low center of gravity with agility, always falls forward. With hard work and experience he could be a stud in our stable.
Dye - my personal favorite of the backs. Big, fast, hard one cut and power through or around any linebacker or safety. If the injury bug doesn't bite, and he dedicates himself to the game, he WILL be great at Clemson and possibly a high draft pick and feature NFL back.
---Now this is purely opinion, although I've seen a large amount of great players live, both college and high school.

Will Davidson never get another touch?***

Mar 13, 2015, 6:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Davidson never get another touch?***

Mar 13, 2015, 8:58 PM

Probably so- experience, but he's definitely going to be buried on the bench. Well come down to injuries or poor pay from at least three of the above mentioned.

Yikes..drop the Rock vs #1 Team in the Red Zone & ZAP!

Mar 14, 2015, 12:18 AM

The possible win is gone and so is your job Young Man!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lotsa talent but no star power

Mar 14, 2015, 7:07 AM

Thats usually the case in college fball when u find a buncha guys fighting for 1 starting spot
Unfortunately im not sure any would start for the other top teams in acc (fsu, gtech, louisville depending on dyer, maybe duke)... at this point would rather go with "next man up" (fuller) than assume that 6 can split carries

Hopefully all a moot point with improved oline play

We don't know that at this point.

Mar 14, 2015, 12:15 PM

We may have star power. There is no way of knowing yet. They haven't had their chances healthy and mature yet. Some players just need their chance. Terrell Davis is a perfect example. Nobody thought that guy was a star. He went to Long beach State before transferring to UGA. He is a borderline NFl Hall of Famer. We don't really know what we have yet. I bet there is star power in the mix of what we have.

agree tigrrfan....

Mar 14, 2015, 11:39 PM [ in reply to lotsa talent but no star power ]

This should change when Feaster arrives, barring injury or position change.
BTW where R your orange colored glasses?

well thanks

Mar 14, 2015, 7:54 AM

for the jinx

Didn't you learn anything from last year?

I guess you need the job security of writing about injuries to our backs over the summer.

Back Loaded, Double Stacked, and Overloaded PROS and CONS

Mar 14, 2015, 9:29 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that sometimes the gift is the curse. When you look at it from this perspective; from the future recruit. Clemson is back loaded at Running Back, Double Stacked at Wide Receiver, and Overloaded at Quarter Back. To us fans, it can appear like an over abundance of blessings. To a very great football player it can seem like a bad career move. While I understand that we need at least 4 quality Quarter Backs on the roster we must face a reality that one of the 4 may never take a quality snap at Clemson. This is not appealing to future recruits who may want to come to Clemson.

Look at the likes of Tucker Israel and Kelly Bryant, and you realize that you have two very talented Quarter Backs that could start at any Division 1 school, but chose to come to Clemson. To me that speaks volumes about the program that Coach Swinney has built since 2008. However, to a recruit looking on from the outside in this could cause doubt. Lack of playing time will kill your career, and we also face the risk of a Quarter Back transferring to another school for playing time. Most would say, " good riddance", but if we start having transfers then it can leave us thin at a position due to injuries that are a mere play away.

I agree with a Running Back by committee system because of the punishment those guys take. However, we may want to slow down recruit for Quarter Backs. I would even be in favor of having 2 or 3 deep on the roster for the Wide Receiver and Tight End positions, but no more than that. If anything, I would say that Clemson needs to be at minimum 3 deep on the Defensive Front 7, and the Offensive Line. Those guys in the trenches need to also be on a committee type of rotation throughout each game. This keeps fresh legs in the game, and wears down opponents in conjunction with the pace of the game play. Clemson will be fully energized while the opponent is dead tired by mid 3rd Quarter in the game. This could allow for our offense to put up to an additional 21 points in the 4th Quarter alone.

On the defensive side of the ball we merely need the front 4 to be big, physical, and disruptive while our Line Backers and Secondary play run protection and assignment football. This is simple and does not require us to recruit a bus load of guys on this side of the ball. I would say, two deep for Line Backers and Secondary while we are 3 deep on the Front 4.

Now, in no way am I criticizing the program because this over abundance of recruits can turn out to be a blessing if it is handled correctly. This all equates to playing time. If quality recruits aren't seeing quality playing time then this equals playing time for another school. On the other hand, this pushes the starters to perform better and practice harder. Competition can bring out the best in most of us, but to others it could be an intimidating factor.

At the end of the day, we have to walk the thin line between the blessing and the curse. I trust Coach Swinney, but just wanted to share my thoughts to see what everyone else is thinking.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Back Loaded, Double Stacked, and Overloaded PROS and CONS

Mar 15, 2015, 3:49 PM

Good, thoughtful post. We just need to remember that quantity doesn't equal quality.

O-line

Mar 14, 2015, 6:32 PM

None of this is going mean anything if the OL isn't up to par.

we just keep getting thinner and thinner.

Can somebody teach them how to block?

Mar 15, 2015, 6:05 PM

I know they've all got talent but we had our QBs creamed way too many times last year.

While you're at it, can you teach at least one of our TEs to block?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Back Loaded

Mar 15, 2015, 6:08 PM

shoot, I thought this was about GoLong's mom.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 5,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic