Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the Saints
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the Saints

Mar 13, 2015, 1:05 PM

Spiller reaches agreement with the Saints

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will he be the guy in NO?

Mar 13, 2015, 1:09 PM

Will Spiller get the majority of the carries in NO?

It'll be interesting

Mar 13, 2015, 1:12 PM

They have Mark Ingram who looked to be the guy (and probably still will be). I'm guessing they are going to try to treat Spiller like they did Bush. Get him outside, try to get him touches on swing passes, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'll be interesting

Mar 13, 2015, 1:18 PM

With Jimmy Graham gone he might be key in the short passing game

Spiller should get a lot of touches on the edge passing

Mar 13, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Will he be the guy in NO? ]

and running. Ingram is used more between the tackles and had some good games last year but his production fell off late season. The other RB is kind of an unknown guy, Robinson. He filled in during Ingram's injury last year and did OK.

With Graham gone, somebody will need to pick up some receiving production and I think this is where Spiller will get the most action. Brees likes to swim around the pocket, pick his nose, do his nails, and whatever til somebody comes open...so I would foresee a lot of relief valve and outlet type passes.

I always thought the slot receiver position would make

Mar 14, 2015, 8:55 AM

the best use of CJ's open field talent anyway. I hope that is how NO uses him. Also, he would have a longer career (see Wes Welker).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will he be the guy in NO?

Mar 13, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Will he be the guy in NO? ]

He seems like he will be paid like he is the guy. My guess is he will have a great chance there to show just how great he really is. I think the Saints will be very happy with his services. I also would expect the Bills to feel very foolish that they let him go. Their loss, his gain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, this is the lesser of two evils between the Cowboys

Mar 13, 2015, 1:15 PM

and the Saints. I wish him well as long as the Saints lose most of their games.

Re: FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the saints

Mar 13, 2015, 1:21 PM

Being a Falcons fan (I live in Atlanta), I hate that it's the Saints, but I will pull for CJ every time he has the ball, even if it means the Falcons losing. CJ's a special human being.

Mar 13, 2015, 1:22 PM

here is an idea. pull for cj to have a great game but the falcons still win. novel concept huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2015, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the saints ]

I have the same conflict of interest being a huge Panthers fan, but I wish C.J. the best. I want him to receive the opportunity to be the lead horse. He was never given that opportunity in Buffalo despite having a significantly higher ypc than Fred Jackson... I would hope every season that Jackson would be injured so that C.J. could have the opportunity to shine. Very sad he spent the better part of 4 years only being a hope for what could have been. He has the skill set to be a hall of fame player, but his limited touches and injury problems have limited that. HE is by far my favorite player who has ever suited up for us.

Mar 13, 2015, 1:40 PM

Agreed. I really hope he gets a chance to have a significant role. I feel bad for him that he has had so little opportunity to demonstrate his vast skill set. Don't care for the Saints all that much but he's my favorite Tiger and I would love for the NFL to see what he can do.

This puts CJ playing near Clemson twice a year

Mar 14, 2015, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the saints ]

what a great deal. I love the Panthers and to get to see CJ
play again, icing cake you know the deal. Atlanta is not far and tickets are pretty easy
to come by in hot'lanta.

Nah, not me

Mar 13, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the saints ]

I'll pull for CJ to have great stats in losing efforts as long as he's an Aint. IMO the only worse place he could have ended up would have been with the Charlotte Panthers.

Glad CJ is closer to home !***

Mar 13, 2015, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crap, I hate having to pull for Clemson guys to lose.

Mar 13, 2015, 1:37 PM

And I wish the Panthers would get some Clemson alum's on the team. Esp at WR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGH! I hope he does well and the Saints still stink.***

Mar 13, 2015, 1:39 PM

I second that statement.***

Mar 13, 2015, 11:19 PM

Oh well. He could've been great. He will be...

Mar 13, 2015, 1:41 PM

the new Darren Sproles in New Orleans instead of being the new Demarco Murray in Dallas.

I hear what people are saying about their personal hate for the Cowboys, but let's stop being so dadgum selfish for a minute and think about what's best for C.J.

Unless there is something much different than most expected as far as roles with with the 2 teams, I'm thinking this could be a HUGE MISS by C.J. on going that route as far as his career is concerned. My assumption was that he could've been carrying the heavy load that Murray did last year (superstar) and now will be just the change-of-pace guy (you know, the fantasy team bye week dude).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I think CJ could've been great in Dallas running behind

Mar 13, 2015, 1:59 PM

the best OL in football, but he definitely could not be the next Demarco Murray. Murray 392! carries last season and 449 total touches. Spiller is a 200 carry type of player with maybe another 40-50 catches so he would definitely need another back splitting time with him in Dallas. He's not the kind of RB that can be THE GUY like Murray was - not many are really.

Mar 13, 2015, 1:49 PM

Great!! Now I will get to watch every week.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best case for CJ: get and save $$$, play sparingly...

Mar 13, 2015, 1:53 PM

as 2nd string, and be able to walk and have good health in an early retirement.

The human body was not meant to take the crushing hits these NFL guys take, especially as they get older.

If Ingram only got $4M a year, how much did CJ get?

Mar 13, 2015, 2:13 PM

He was looking for 5.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I hope not, but he may have missed out by not taking 4.5M

Mar 13, 2015, 2:19 PM

that the Bills supposedly offered.....wish him the best and I will now pulled for Saints.

Good for CJ - way to go.

Mar 13, 2015, 6:45 PM [ in reply to If Ingram only got $4M a year, how much did CJ get? ]

Use the money wisely my friend - should last a life time. Stay healthy, have fun, and come by Tiger town when you can.

I think this is good for CJ

Mar 13, 2015, 2:32 PM

I think he will be able to utilize his talents better in the saints offense. I think he was under utilized in bills offense. Him and Mark Ingram will be a good duo in NO

About as good as it gets for CJ.

Mar 13, 2015, 2:56 PM

Brees and Payton will be huge for CJ. Doesn't have to tote it 25 times as featured back between the tackles. That's not who Spiller is.

Can and will be used creatively and effectively. Also will probably catch some balls in space.

Think this will be great for his career.

Re: FB Update: Spiller reaches agreement with the Saints

Mar 13, 2015, 3:08 PM

At least it's warmer in Louisiana than New York!

4yr, $18MM, $9MM guarantee, $5mm signing***

Mar 13, 2015, 4:00 PM

Re: 4yr, $18MM, $9MM guarantee, $5mm signing***

Mar 13, 2015, 6:07 PM

Those are good dollar numbers and he's now with a good organization. Yay Cj!

Mar 13, 2015, 4:01 PM

Sorry spiller, but Go Panthers!

Does anyone else remember he holds an ncaa record for

Mar 13, 2015, 6:10 PM

kickoff return TDs or am I off here? I never see it mentioned

Mar 13, 2015, 7:12 PM

#### CJ! I am huge fan for life, but of all the teams, man!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Congrats CJ. Two times a year is scary

Mar 13, 2015, 7:22 PM

For this Falcon's fan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic