Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Johnson: "It feels like home there"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Johnson: "It feels like home there"

Mar 5, 2015, 8:57 AM

Johnson: "It feels like home there"

Denzel Johnson's recruitment has been different than most prospects as the 2015 athlete continues to mull over his options and has been offered new opportunities even a month after National Signing Day. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he realizes that SC State might not be such an

Mar 5, 2015, 9:00 AM

attractive option at this point?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: New Story: Johnson: "It feels like home there"

Mar 5, 2015, 9:40 AM

Wow, when he realized how far away Washington State was........Obviously not studying geography.

Mar 5, 2015, 10:26 AM

Well in his defense, Washington State sounds like something that could be in the D.C. area. If you don't know the school before they call you, it'd be easy to mix that up.

We have more scholarships to give?***

Mar 5, 2015, 9:45 AM

nm

Mar 5, 2015, 10:10 AM

I sure hope he realizes that Clemson kept that scholly for him. Sure is playing with fire. Its like well I got Clemson but lets see if I can do better!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2015, 10:25 AM

He may be thinking about whether or not he believes he's being recruited as a reserve guy, whereas he would have a more solid role elsewhere. I trust the coaches' judgement, but it seems strange that we're in the final running for a recruit against Towson, UMass, Liberty and Old Dominion.

Mar 5, 2015, 10:57 AM

Johnson has not qualified yet. Many schools do not make commitable offers unless the athlete is qualified.

But he has shown a lot of interest in Clemson. He was willing to wait and make the effort to qualify and I think Clemson holding the scholarship for him is motivation for him to work harder.

Mar 5, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson: "It feels like home there" ]

Agreed, and it seems like before getting any offers his grades were mediocre. I'd say a college offer gave him some motivation. Clemson is his best option from the list he gave. Even if he is a reserve/back up guy, he's getting top notch education for FREE!

...as I make my $600/mo student loan payment (and yes, I'm a Clemson grad too).

Mar 5, 2015, 12:06 PM

Yea Clemson is easily the best offer of the bunch but he could potentially play a lot more elsewhere.

I feel you on the student loans man...I'm paying the same to the dollar haha

Mar 5, 2015, 2:16 PM

I guess it *could* come down to whether he wants a great education or thinks he has "it" to make it all the way in football.

I'm not sold on him, but trust the coaching staff. Good luck to him either way.

Also, @tmac9wr I'm a girl lol

Mar 5, 2015, 2:19 PM

whoops!

edit: I feel you on the student loans woman...I'm paying the same to the dollar haha

Now it's more accurate, but sounds slightly misogynist haha

I actually took a look at the guy's game film and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. He's a very raw talent, but he's physically a Division 1 player. He wouldn't come in and make an immediate impact (at least not on offense), but he could definitely become a solid contributor eventually.

I'm A CUt(e)iger..... ;-)

Mar 5, 2015, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson: "It feels like home there" ]

I saw what ya did there! :)

Re: I'm A CUt(e)iger..... ;-)

Mar 5, 2015, 2:23 PM

lol I try...

Mar 5, 2015, 10:29 AM

I wonder how far away he thought Washington State was?

Mar 5, 2015, 10:42 AM

am I the only person who doesn't get why we are recruiting this kid?

Mar 5, 2015, 10:59 AM

We are recruiting him because both Swinney and Venables want him to play at Clemson.

I saw the same questions asked when we offered Humphries 4 years ago.... some probably asked the same questions about Jarrett.... I have learned to trust our coaches evaluations of talent more that the national services!

Mar 5, 2015, 11:14 AM

This guy is an out right stud. Will be an impact player at Clemson. His senior film is as good as any WR in the nation. Very similar player Jaron brown but more skilled.

Mar 5, 2015, 1:10 PM

Let's not go too overboard here. He looks like a real good player, but saying his film is as good as any WR is a bit much. He's a very good athlete and he plays very physically. It's strange watching his film in the sense that when he's running routes, he almost looks clumsy at times--he doesn't appear to be a great route runner--but with he ball in his hands he's great. He could translate into a great kick/punt returner, and can obviously improve his route running with some practice.

We're pretty well set at WR for years to come but we can always add more to the safety position. He's super physical, which is always fantastic.

However it's fair to say his film suggests he should have gotten a lot better looks than he did.

Mar 5, 2015, 2:02 PM

I just go of ath ability. He has it. Route running is something nice to have but that something that can be taught. That's one reason I compared him to Jaron brown. Brown was super raw coming out of a running system at cheraw.

Mar 5, 2015, 2:11 PM

Yea, he's definitely an athlete. It'll be interesting to see where he lands. I think I'd prefer to see him line up as a safety/KR/PR just due to his lack of polish and our stacked lineups at WR.

Not only that, but he plays with a chip on his shoulder which I prefer to see on defense. If you look at his highlights on Hudl, he's not averse to shoving people after the play/talking a little bit of smack. He actually reminds me of Louisville's FS from last year, Gerod Holliman, but with more of a physical presence. He's a bit taller too and could potentially bulk up real well.

Mar 5, 2015, 11:07 PM

Even as a reserve WR, he couldn't go wrong with Clemson. Clemson would have possibly sent 3-deep at the receiver position 2 yrs ago providing Peake could have stayed healthy. It would have been Sammy 1st, Peake 2nd, and Bryant 3rd. Therefore, reserves receivers at Clemson still has a great chance of being drafted. Starter or not. I hope this kid realize this.

which coaches kids go to A C Flora school ?

Mar 5, 2015, 12:22 PM

who wrote this ?

null

Re: which coaches kids go to A C Flora school ?

Mar 5, 2015, 2:33 PM

the coaches kids go to Daniel, Daniel was playing ACFlora!

Re: New Story: Cheadle: "It feels like home there"

Mar 5, 2015, 12:27 PM

Would love to see Don Cheadle Jr on our team to join some of the other famous offspring on the roster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he would end up at safety. And probably be a pretty

Mar 5, 2015, 1:27 PM

good one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

It would be nice to get Johnson in here with Peters out***

Mar 5, 2015, 2:20 PM

he looks kinda like freddie prinze, jr.

Mar 5, 2015, 2:29 PM

i like freddie prinze, jr.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic