Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson: Shock and Awe just part of the game and the person
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson: Shock and Awe just part of the game and the person

Feb 25, 2015, 7:01 AM

Watson: Shock and Awe just part of the game and the person

Deshaun Watson has already proven just how special he can be on the football field, and Clemson fans are already anticipating where a healthy Watson can lead the Tigers in 2015. Watson talks about the win over the Gamecocks, his rehab from knee surgery and future dreams. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey

Feb 25, 2015, 7:08 AM

The freakin best!!!!!It aint even close

Re: DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey

Feb 25, 2015, 8:02 AM

I'm a little reluctant to shower him with that title just yet, but if he can repeat his performance of last season and stay healthy all year, he can be the best we ever had, for sure. I don't know that I have seen anybody, anywhere who has, or has had, his gifts along with his personality and attitude on life. Maybe there have been, but I haven't seen it. I loved his statement that his Mom said for him to "get that paper (diploma)". I know he will heed her advice. We are blessed, and we have 2 more outstanding QB's signed this year. Life at Clemson is very, very good!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2015, 8:10 AM

I caught that...hoping that means he's here for 3 more seasons!

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Feb 25, 2015, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey ]

I'm not only impressed with his play, also with his 4.0 GPA. Two enviable accomplishments.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than those attributes is the outstanding person

Feb 25, 2015, 9:40 AM

he is. That will be the trait that goes with him through life and makes his family proud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a cart before the horse kinda guy but I do like his

Feb 25, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey ]

chances. I prefer to just sit back and enjoy the show and when it is all said and done....then we can call it what it is. Shock and awe baby

Re: I'm not a cart before the horse kinda guy but I do like his

Feb 25, 2015, 2:08 PM

Agreed, and I'm sure we will enjoy having him on this team. He is what we have been trying to fill this team with for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Potentially yes...but let's wait on crowning.

Feb 25, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey ]

As much as I live DW, I agree with the wait on crowning him king. I have nothing but great things to say about him on or off the field. To put it into perspective, my dad is 64, claims to be impartial to Clemson or Sakerlinabut clearly shows a bias (imo) to hen u. After the renewed annual chicken kickin, said that he'd watched games from all over the country this season and the best quarterback in the country and possibly the best player he'd seen all year was at Clemson University and his name is Deshaun Watson. DW has honestly started to win him over on top of the way that Dabo is building and running the program.

Re: Potentially yes...but let's wait on crowning.

Feb 25, 2015, 2:10 PM

Keep pulling for your Dad. He can come on back from "The Dark Side" with your help and some patience.

Best freshman ever with Sammy close second***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey ]

Wrong. William Perry was a true freshman in 81 and despite

Feb 25, 2015, 7:27 PM [ in reply to DW4 Best player to ever don a Clemson Jersey ]

being double and triple teamed on every play he dominated and was a human highlight reel. He was a freak athlete at that size and ahead of his time. The way teams had to game plan around him, which didn't work, allowed the other front 6 to be dominant. People go nuts over Clowney, but Big P did things Clowney can only daydream about. Had there been ESPN and the internet back then the hype around William would dwarf what we saw with Clowney. And it's scary to think about William at the modern scouting combine. His numbers would still be among the all time best, but there was no combine as we know it today and certainly no ESPN, FoxSports, nor NFL Network, much less the internet.

William, as a freshman, was a BIG piece of the puzzle (pardon the pun) that won the '81 championship.

Then he was just as dominant in the NFL his rookie year and helped Chicago win the Super Bowl.

I think William is the only player to win a NC as a freshman and the Super Bowl as a rookie. And not just on the team but a dominant force and key component to those championship teams.

null

^^This^^

Feb 26, 2015, 6:52 AM

Those who didn't see William Perry play, go find some footage. You will understand.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: ^^This^^ William Perry Class #1

Feb 26, 2015, 2:02 PM

He was so humble too. I remember meeting him and William Devane in the Anderson Mall as a 12-13 year old kid and they stopped and talked to me like I had know them forever. Incredible ability with true humility. William Perry to date has been the best by far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Turn Down for What(son)

Feb 25, 2015, 7:23 AM

I like the "Turn Down for Watson" Guess we have his intro song at the Valley for 2015!

Re: New Story: Watson: Shock and Awe just part of the game and the person

Feb 25, 2015, 9:05 AM

I love the fact that he is making it a goal, to receive a degree.

Clemson University

Feb 25, 2015, 9:33 AM

WR U
DE U

about to be
DB U
QB U
LB U

Haven't seen the other LBs play but Brooks is

Feb 25, 2015, 9:43 AM

outstanding. Runs right through people and will make a matching pair with Boulware.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson University

Feb 25, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Clemson University ]

I'm ready for championship U. High draft picks are a by product.

Feb 25, 2015, 9:42 AM

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but shooting free throws is NOT "easy" for the Clemson Tigers.....

I love your confidence, DW, but temper it with some humility

Feb 25, 2015, 10:19 AM

My Mom told me to do my very best and leave it to others to sing my praises.

No need to temper his confidence, let the kid shine.

Feb 25, 2015, 10:37 AM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love your confidence, DW, but temper it with some humility

Feb 25, 2015, 11:04 PM [ in reply to I love your confidence, DW, but temper it with some humility ]

I bet you was the best water boy ever, but only your mom gives a ####.

actually I was a drawback on offense and left out on defense***

Feb 26, 2015, 1:00 AM

Feb 25, 2015, 10:36 AM

It ain't bragging if you can back it up. I think Dabo will show DW4 how to play with both confidence and humility.

I've never understood why people say ...

Feb 25, 2015, 12:10 PM

-----------------------------------------
I don't have a problem with what he said. From what we know of him he is a pretty humble guy. I think he was just having a little fun.

Now on to your other statement ... I've never understood why people say "It ain't bragging if you can back it up". The ONLY way you can brag is if you can back it up ... otherwise it's just lying.

Have you ever heard someone brag about something they can't do?

Re: I've never understood why people say ...

Feb 25, 2015, 11:08 PM

Yes. All the time. People exaggerate about their accomplishments and overestimate their abilities constantly.

I made this right after the NC State game. Maybe he saw it?

Feb 25, 2015, 2:15 PM
TD 4 Wat TCI.png(251.0 K)

Feb 25, 2015, 5:38 PM

We knew we had something special in the Georgia game with Shock and Awe. When he played the other games it confirmed our belief he is something special. I know he is working hard to be able to play again. Sounds like a young man with a good head on his shoulders. Wishing you well "Shockim".

Feb 25, 2015, 11:58 PM

This kid will be the best player to ever put on that orange jersey when it's all said and done.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic