Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson defenders shine at NFL Scouting Combine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson defenders shine at NFL Scouting Combine

Feb 23, 2015, 8:24 AM

Clemson defenders shine at NFL Scouting Combine

The NFL Scouting Combine is wrapping up in Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium and there is no doubt that some of the biggest winners were Clemson Tigers. Clemson’s defense in 2014 was top-ranked for a reason – it had a lot of good players that will go on to play in the NFL and the combine was a chance for many of the lesser-known players to show off their talents. Photo by Trevor Ruszkowski / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson defenders shine at NFL Scouting Combine

Feb 23, 2015, 8:47 AM

****Ding ding***

We have a winner!! Yet another recruiting tool to go after top tier talent.

Come play for Brent Venables fellas! Work hard....and the NFL awaits!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2015, 9:28 AM

Indeed will be good press for years to come, and we will continue to churn them out! All praise and congrats to our players, but also our staff, primarily Batson and his strength and conditioning and nutrition crew. Those guys do a phenomenal job! Let's get more peanut butter in those protein shakes! DW4 has 5 months to get up to 225 lbs. I know you guys can do it! ??

Feb 23, 2015, 9:45 AM

I am surprised that VB beat so many in the bench press.... not suprised he did so well in the 40 or agility. He should definitely be a top 10 pick!

Feb 23, 2015, 9:57 AM

Look at what a physical specimen he is...doesn't surprise me at all! Once he decided to return for his senior year, he really dedicated himself to being the best in the offseason, and it paid off with mounds of cash! I'm thinking he may go #7 to the Bears since they need pass rushers and LB's.

Feb 23, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson defenders shine at NFL Scouting Combine ]

All these accolades coming in bundles has a chance to build Clemson FB to a true Dynasty that could set Clemson a top of college FB for a long long time if Dabo locks our coaching staff into hard to say NO to long time big pay contracts. We are getting a lot of free publicity now, just think about what in a year or two it will be. The past 3 years were just Dabo putting in the pieces, and that really don't count as much. Its now, its about turning out the type of players we're turning OUT NOW that if kept moving forward will win those championships. That is what will keep us in the exact same sentences with Bama, OSU, Oregon and the likes. Winning builds a program, and Dabo has us right there. LSU, OSU, Okla, all three back, to back, to back, Big bowl wins. Oh yea people are looking at us now and paying attention. There will be folks wanting to break up what we have going. Clemson is now armed with elite players, and we are very capable of beating any of the top 5 teams. Next step I hope will be to renegotiate everybodys contract and lock them in. The type of media we're getting right now will have folks looking for coaches in our stables that can develop that kind of talent, and feel they have to have them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All-In, We to Deep is becoming a fact to the world

Feb 23, 2015, 9:45 AM

A young coach with a dream and plan to be the best In the country, academically, All-in family and athletically is happening right before our eyes!!

We should all be so thankful to have these awesome young men at Clemson by choosing to be All-in and growing into men of character that can never be taken away. Even the players and recruits realize how special it is to be to Deep in all areas.

The rest of the country is just realizing it's more than a fade or a thing, it's Clemson!!

Go Tigers, thank you all, coaches, players and fans for believing in a coaches dream and standing behind him to make it happen!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: All-In, We to Deep is becoming a fact to the world

Feb 23, 2015, 6:08 PM

Dabo had a vision of what he wanted Clemson to be and he continues to bring in great athletes and great young men.

I agree with you completely. Go Tigers..

For those guys in the Combine I wish them all the best and I know they will all make Clemson proud.

A lot of great veteran talent leaving. Hopefully the

Feb 23, 2015, 11:01 AM

majority of Tiger fans recognize the task that Venables and the staff face next year trying to replace all of these great players, and temper their expectations accordingly. If we field a top-10 defense next season Venables deserves a bronze statue outside of DV.

Re: A lot of great veteran talent leaving. Hopefully the

Feb 23, 2015, 1:36 PM

Is that you BV;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2015, 11:37 AM

Keep seeing and reading about the athleticism our Tigers have shown but no one is mentioning the fact that along with being great athletes these are great young men with great character.

NFL just doesn't care about that so long as it isn't so bad

Feb 23, 2015, 11:51 AM

that it becomes a detriment or an embarrassment to the team.

Feb 23, 2015, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson defenders shine at NFL Scouting Combine ]

If the NFL considered the players character and actions they would not pick some that they do just, (Winston is considered to be the 1'st one to be picked, we've heard all about him) because they think he will be a great player...what happens when he is arrested or abuses his wife or girlfriend..., kills two people, wonder if that looks good on the NFL.No but we have read a lot about these players. A lot of things are covered up just because they are great players. Sad but true.

Feb 23, 2015, 1:50 PM

Definitely something CU hater McShay didn't write

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic