Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring Breakdown: Running Backs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Spring Breakdown: Running Backs

Feb 17, 2015, 7:01 AM

Spring Breakdown: Running Backs

Playing time will be up for grabs this spring, and that includes running back where a stable of talented runners vie for playing time and carries. Who leads the pack right now? Who needs a big spring? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to be fun to watch!

Feb 17, 2015, 7:04 AM

No doubt!

#All In

Pretty stacked...

Feb 17, 2015, 7:48 AM

I am kind of hoping we redshirt Choice with all of those options. Seems like it would be a great call and would give us a nice one two punch with Feaster down the road. It would also give him a chance to be as healthy as it gets in great shape.

Re: Pretty stacked...

Feb 17, 2015, 8:20 AM

Unless he is lightyears better than the other rbs he will reshirt. No need to play him at 90 percent.

Re: Pretty stacked...

Feb 17, 2015, 9:29 AM

Choice was taking snaps in the wildcat before he tore his ACL..... Humphries did some after that.
Cain coming in could take that role, Maybe Scott?
Otherwise Choice should not redshirt if he is ready.

yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE

Feb 17, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Pretty stacked... ]

#1 RB like a Feaster to get here.

Re: yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE

Feb 17, 2015, 10:43 AM

I certainly do not agree.. IMHO Gallman and Dye are very good WHEN they have BLOCKING..better than mosr ACC R/b`s

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget

Feb 19, 2015, 9:15 AM

about Choice. Before he got hurt, he was showing signs of brilliance. Young back who is patient and powerful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cocklover

Feb 17, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE ]

that mediocre gallman torched you for 170

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE

Feb 17, 2015, 12:30 PM [ in reply to yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE ]

What did you coots do with Davis. Oh that's right, he didn't want to suck anymore with usuc, and he done what was surely best for him, and got the H&ll out of that dumpster fire that he painfully regrets jumping into. Signing with usuc was worst for his career than if he would have signed at Vandy!!! Enjoy your second 6/6 or 5/7 season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should put yourself in timeout after that one. Truly...

Feb 17, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE ]

an idiotic post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i smell rotten chicken.***

Feb 17, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to yep, stacked with mediocrity, we desperately need a TRUE ]

Would the staff redshirt a guy who just missed nearly an

Feb 17, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Pretty stacked... ]

entirely season provided he's healthy? Tough to ask a guy to not play football for 2 years - i think his morale would really be tested.

I personally would redshirt Choice this year

Feb 17, 2015, 8:18 AM

We have a ton of RBs ready to play now and it would give him an extra year to get his knee right. Let Dye, Gallman, Brooks, Fuller, and Davidson fight it out for the carries this year. No need to add another RB to the mix especially since he's the only one that hasn't redshirted.

Good Call. T Dye + W Gallman will be a load

Feb 17, 2015, 8:33 AM

these guys are as talented as we have had here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Ummm no they aren't. Ellington, Spiller, Davis

Feb 17, 2015, 11:33 AM

just in recent years, and a slew of others back in the 80s and 90s.

Re: I personally would redshirt Choice this year

Feb 17, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I personally would redshirt Choice this year ]

I agree. I don't see any way Choice is 100% by the Fall. With his knee fully
re-habbed, bigger, stronger, he and Feaster would make a potent one-two punch.
Why take any risk when there is absolutely no need to?

Feb 17, 2015, 2:21 PM [ in reply to I personally would redshirt Choice this year ]

I agree. I don't see any way Choice is 100% by the Fall. With his knee fully
re-habbed, bigger, stronger, he and Feaster would make a potent one-two punch.
Why take any risk when there is absolutely no need to?

Feb 17, 2015, 10:45 PM

Watson had his injury after Choice, do we, or should we redshirt him also?

Remember Z Brooks' TD catch vs UGA in 2013? Beauty

Feb 17, 2015, 8:30 AM

http://youtu.be/uVX8KJu98tY

Best Is The Standard

Re: New Story: Spring Breakdown: Running Backs

Feb 17, 2015, 8:40 AM

Cj fuller I think will surprise. My personal favorite out of all our backs...I hope they ALL do well, I just think fuller COULD be the best of them...

GO TIGERS!

Feb 17, 2015, 10:42 PM

If he is that will be great but, I really think that if Gallman puts on some more muscle weight, he will be pretty hard to beat out....

Feb 17, 2015, 8:53 AM

I get the fact that they are older and hopefully wiser and stronger, but they are still the same backs from last year. I don't see a guy who will get more than 30-40% of the snaps. Running back by committee until Mr. Feaster steps on campus. I hope he is as good as the hype!!

Yeah I agree with you but the O-line was the big problem

Feb 17, 2015, 9:25 AM

last year. Hopefully, and its a big hopefully, that after the spring and summer that some of these highly recruited freshmen O-linemen can make an immediate impact for us. I like Battle and think he can be big time with another off season. Crowder just looks like the prototypical guard just needs some more work in the system. Hopefully Gore can make a big leap on the opposite side of Battle but if not if Hyatt can put some weight and power on over the off season can start his career on the right side before moving him over to the left side. I think if Guillermo can stay healthy he is gonna be a beast at center and let Norton move over to guard or keep him at backup center. Anyways I am more excited about this off season than I have been in a couple years or maybe ever. The talent that has been assembled is exciting in of itself and their is no way if you're a Clemson you can't be excited about the prospects of this coming season....

Competitive.. Competitive..Competitive ----

Feb 17, 2015, 9:52 AM

That running back position is going to be as thick as pound cake and as smooth and slick as syntec oil once it gets going with the proper blocking.

Maybe not any studs, but very deep group.

Feb 17, 2015, 11:32 AM

More important is how the OL shapes up.

Feb 17, 2015, 12:19 PM

I very seriously hope that Gallman gets in the weight room this summer and puts on 10 to 15 pounds of solid muscle in his legs and upper body. Just get STONGER all over Wayne. I would really love to see Wayne with a strong thick muscled 220/225 body type, he would be a lock for the top two backs we put in the starting line up. I think that most will agree that as hard as Wayne runs, at 6'1 220/225 pounds, on a 4th and short, or 3d or 4th and Goal, Wayne would be more successful than anybody we've had in a long while other than Tajh Boyd. And I think that everyone will agree that our QB shouldn't be our RB against defensive stacked box at the LOS. That's the best way I know to get our OB broken up, and especially with DeShaun!!! I know I very much miss those Bull will run your A$$ over backs we've had in the pass. I don't know why, but I guess that The Chad had his reasons, but he never saw a need for a Big Bull RB in his offense. IMO though, there will always be a need and use for a big strong body type RB on any Offensive style you run bc you will always have short yardage and goal line plays in any Offense. Even in pass or QB option plays. A big back can be very useful for blocking in pass plays, and for run blocking in option plays. I hope that Jeff & the Engineer will bring the big backs back to our offense.

Feb 17, 2015, 2:31 PM

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope Gallman has the personal drive to do just what
you suggest. I believe his HS coach said that his ideal college playing weight
would be 220/225.

Feb 17, 2015, 2:34 PM

I wish they would give Zac Brooks a shot at WR. At 199, I just don't see
him as an effective RB.

Very exciting!

Feb 17, 2015, 1:52 PM

Couple the RB threats along wit the OL upgrades, and our future is very bright, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson will not have a 1000-yard back for 4 reasons...

Feb 17, 2015, 3:57 PM

Gallman
Dye
Brooks
Fuller

Clemson will not need a "feature" back. This backfield is "popcorn" "PlayStation" "XBOX" material.....Get it ready because its all plug and play!!!

Should Choice Redshirt next year (Assuming all are healthy)

Feb 17, 2015, 4:59 PM

I always worry about ACLs and time to heal. Perhaps it might be best if Choice redshirts to give extra time to heal and learn? I'm very excited about him but worry his shiftiness could be hampered while recovering.

Most important statement in Hood article:"Gallman delivered"

Feb 17, 2015, 5:38 PM

191 yds against SC in biggest game of the year! 191 yards! That says it all folks. Unless Dye or one of the frosh has immediate break out potential for explosive 20-yd-plus plays, there is no Gallman competition, there is no story.

With new hogs hopefully steadying the O-Line, it will be valuable to have Gallman's experience in the backfield. Sure, it will soon be Spring. And Spring coach speak will tell us "every position is up for grabs" ... except for D-Wat, Alexander and a handful of others. But if Gallman shows up ready to play, he will line up as Game 1 starter. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2015, 11:54 PM

Man I remember I was at this point last year and I was so excited about our R.B.'s and then all the injuries started to happen and our offensive line wasn't the best last year, but we also did have some injuries there to. So now with a better offensive line and a stacked set of R.B.'s its got me so hyped for next season. It couldn't hurt to redshirt choice if he's not 100% and I thought Ray Ray would be moved to R.B. but seeing how many we have it probably wont happen at least for the next year or so. also we will get Cain and with his experience at Q.B. he is going to be a gigantic threat in the wildcat. I'm not a big fan of just starting freshman offensive lineman but if we have to I don't see a better group of freshman O.L.'s in the country that could step up like they could. The way that the R.B. situation turned out last year with all the injuries it was disappointing and in all seriousness I thought C.J. Davidson was out best back he had explosiveness he could cut pretty well and he was a little bigger I know he had those 2 big fumbles but it happens to the best backs look at chubbs in the Georgia tech game. Now don't get me wrong Gallman was amazing the last bit of the season he just doesn't have the size Davison or Choice does right know, but if he puts on a good bit of muscle he will be amazing. But in all honesty I don't care who starts out there next season I know whoever Dabo/Tony/Jeff chooses they will deserve it and when they get tired or hurt the second guy goes in and does work. We are going to be a national championship contender next year and many years to come. All I've got to say is Clemson is here and we aren't going any where any time soon.

#AllIn!
#WeToDeep!
#GoTigers!

Feb 18, 2015, 12:05 AM

I hope Gallman put on some weight because nothing beats a good solid power running back to pound it in for short yardage and goal line situations. If you like at this past season Nick Chubb at Georgia is 5 '10 and around 230, and he made running the ball through the tackles look easy..

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic