Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Big Picture
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,051

Plyler's Blog: Big Picture

Feb 5, 2015, 12:18 PM

Big Picture

Big Picture
Yesterday was a great day to be a Clemson Tiger.

Brad Brownell

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point.***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Plyler's Blog: Big Picture

Feb 5, 2015, 12:37 PM

Dabo has really delivered on his message of building a consistent program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 1:27 PM

Usually, I look at the recruiting class and pick out the ones that are likely to start. The measure of the consistency I see at Clemson is that this our best class ever and I do not see any in the class that I think will start unless there are injuries before the game with Wofford.
I think that Cain, Ray Ray, Huggins and Wilkins will and a DB or 2, and at least 1 on the OL will be in the 2 deep, but with the talent ahead of them, I do not think any of them will start except on STs.
4 years ago I thought Anthony, Steward, and at least 2 freshman WRs would start....
2 years ago I thought Alexander would start.
Last year a lot of people thought DW should start.

Feb 5, 2015, 1:54 PM

Good point! I agree, we will have some significant contributors from this class in their freshman year, but there is so much talent across the boards for us that it will be really difficult for them to pass up our returnees to earn starting spots. In past years if we signed a Ray Ray, a Deon, a Wilkins they would have started game one. Maybe they will in 2015 as well, but it is certainly not a foregone conclusion.

Feb 5, 2015, 2:33 PM

Think that is why so many enrolled early. To get a jump on playing time. All the stars earned against high schoolers are now out the window. Am excited to see who has the work ethic and desire to make the jump to playing with the big boys. And, while I hate to see DW hurt, it may prove a blessing as our two freshman QB's will get a lot of first team reps this spring.

Feb 5, 2015, 2:51 PM

Yeah, I've never heard of this many guys enrolling early anywhere. It's going to be fun to hear the returns on the new guys once spring ball starts. And I think you are on the money concerning the freshmen QB's. They are going to get exponentially more reps and coaching than they would have with DW unable to participate. Wish I was more confident in DW's durability. We definitely need to get the young guys prepared.

The program is headed up! ^ GO TIGERS!***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:50 PM

I have been surprised that it took so long to...

Feb 5, 2015, 2:06 PM

teach the media how to pronounce Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been surprised that it took so long to...

Feb 5, 2015, 2:10 PM

^^
LOL! Yep...now that the spelling isn't an issue, we need to work on the pronunciation!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,051
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic