Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Clemson offers everything I want"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

New Story: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Clemson offers everything I want"

Jan 19, 2015, 11:20 PM

Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Clemson offers everything I want"

Four-star corner Mark Fields committed to Clemson Sunday afternoon as he left his official visit, but made the decision public late Monday as he joined the Tigers' stellar 2015 recruiting class. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Coots,

Jan 19, 2015, 11:25 PM

try and walk this one off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've tried...said he wouldn't start for them....

Jan 20, 2015, 12:13 AM

They've also got a noticeable limp.

Re: They've tried...said he wouldn't start for them....

Jan 20, 2015, 8:29 AM

They are right. He won't start for them, but they will wish he did. He has chosen much more wisely since correcting his mistake with considering them. He will be forever thankful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Coots,

Jan 20, 2015, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Deer Coots, ]

I want to see them try and explain why one of the best Defensive backs in the country walked away from Slurrier and the high powered SEC, and commit to Dumbo and the weak ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Coots,

Jan 20, 2015, 5:22 AM [ in reply to Deer Coots, ]

"Try to walk this one off"....

On "one knee" if you have to....

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Clemson offers everything I want"

Jan 19, 2015, 11:27 PM

So happy to hear it officially. Welcome aboard, Mr. Fields. You will accomplish great things at Clemson.

Re: New Story: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Clemson offers everything I want"

Jan 19, 2015, 11:28 PM

I knew he had to tell the coaching staff something before left. I think most knew it was a silent commit type of thing, glad he went ahead and just ended it now instead of dragging it out. Good for him, he made the right choice!

Jan 19, 2015, 11:39 PM

Great get can't wait to see what coach reed can do with him . Crazy speed

Jan 20, 2015, 12:10 AM

Coots=sour grapes

They said on FGF that they were very deep at DB and the only chance he had of seeing the field was to move to safety. One guy said it still isn't over until he signs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 9:10 AM

I wouldn't listen much to what a coot might say. Never have found much value there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Clemson offers everything I want" ]

Yep, he has Clemson speed for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very strong class!

Jan 20, 2015, 12:25 AM

I'm getting déjà vu! It's starting to feel like the good ol' days at Clemson! I've never seen such a recruiting class coming in! The ACC is coming! The ESPN mouth pieces will more than likely be big 10 homers since the world now knows the SEC is quite so mighty! Ask Urban Meyer if he woukd like to play an ACC schedule! We have had his number! We had multiple teams in the top 10 in defense! Take note NCAA! Clemson is back & Dabo is making sure we aren't going anywhere! Don't be surprised if/when we crash your playoff party & show what we can do! It's great to be a Tiger!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very strong class!

Jan 20, 2015, 12:26 AM

Should say that the sec is not* so mighty

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Very strong class! ]

Not the acc, Clemson is coming. Noooo, Clemson has gotten there, to the top with the elite!!!

Jan 20, 2015, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Very strong class! ]

Looking at the list of 2015 commits is a clear visual of the term "stacking the box".

Jan 20, 2015, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Very strong class! ]

I don't think we will have to "crash" the party. I think we will be an invited participant. I can see the pouting the secheat will display when that happens. And I believe it will happen soon.

Jan 27, 2015, 9:36 PM

Boom!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 3:20 AM

like a winning tradition, getting players to the next level. bowl games that count (BCS), a coach with a personality, rubbing the rock, running down the hill,Tiger walk, CHAMPIONSHIPS, tombstones, a tradition of excellence,Clemson wears the coat, all others ride the coat tail. The REAL University of South Carolina,a degree that means something, CLEMSON means family, for life. it's a decision you will never look back and say "if only I had..." after all "there is something in these hills..."

Something in These Hills

Times when so many things seem to be coming unglued are disquieting times. These are disquieting times.

It always intrigues me how nearly any specific condition of nearly any specific time can find some application in a book that, essentially, was handed down to us by word of mouth through century.

I believe it says somewhere, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help."

My thoughts often wander through these upper South Carolina hills that shelter the University that forms a common bond for many thousands of people who have studied here, or taught here or worked here.

There's something in these hills that has touched every one of them, something that has rubbed off on them in varying degrees, something that has built within the breasts of all Clemson men and women an enduring spark akin to an eternal pride.

There's something in these hills. It was here when a handful of fledgling faculty members greeted a relatively small band of 446 students more than 80 years ago. That was shortly after convict labor had completed an administration building and clock tower that still dominate these Blue Ridge foothills with a timelessness and serenity that impart inspiration and strength anew each time they are looked upon.

There's something in these hills that has endeared itself to an endless procession of administrators, teachers, students, secretaries and workman. Hundreds of names pass through my consciousness, names of people who gave selflessly of themselves to build the institution nestled here and who at one and the same time mined the priceless something the hills contain and returned to them still more of it.

I have my names and I see once more the faces and feel again the beloved personalities that go with them. If you will but close your eyes and drift awhile you too will recall the names and faces and personalities of those who meant the most to you while the privilege of being among them was yours.

There's something in these hills and from them we have drawn the power to transcend the stresses and strains that tug away to make things come unglued in these disquieting times, the power to cut through such modern concepts - and such modern facts - as generation gaps, communication gaps and ideological gaps.

Where is the generation gap when an alumnus who spent four years in these hills before the turn of the century says, "Next to my church and my home, I love Clemson University beyond all other institutions this side of heaven," and when a graduate-to-be says, "Excepting only my parents, Clemson has meant more to me and done more for me than anything that has touched my life."

There's something in these hills that has bound together a man of over ninety and a boy under twenty, something that has given them a common ground on which to stand and a start toward bridging, and eliminating, and gap or any stress or any strain that might try to make unglued whatever they seek for themselves as they move out of these hills into the mountains, the plains, the oceans, the forests, the skies and the storms of life.

We have all drawn from these hills something to suggest to youth that those over thirty can be trusted and to indicate to those over thirty that the qualities of youth are as sound today as they ever were.

There is something in these hills that brings together and binds together and holds together men and women of all persuasions, of all heights, sizes, weights, and cultural backgrounds - something that cuts across every difference, spans every gap, penetrates every wall - something that makes a man or a woman stand taller, feel better and say with a high pride to all within earshot, "I went to Clemson."

There is something in these hills that you and I can't define and others can't understand. A wave of warmth always surges through me when "outsiders" say, "I don't know what it is about you Clemson people, but your undying love for Clemson is admired by everyone I know."

There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued.

Yes, there's something in these hills where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you. Main reason i decided to check this late. Nice.***

Jan 20, 2015, 12:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rockin' good news!***

Jan 20, 2015, 12:48 AM

Jan 20, 2015, 12:53 AM
thumbs up.jpg(14.6 K)

WELCOME, MR.FIELDS____________may all your dreams come true !!!!!!

Love it! Who's next?***

Jan 20, 2015, 1:27 AM

Thanks Mark Fields, Jr. for making National Signing Day a

Jan 20, 2015, 2:00 AM

kinda boring day. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that he decided before that day. Just would have been cool to see him sitting there with a Clemson hat, a South Carolina hat, LSU, and Texas just to shove them to the side and grab that Orange one with da Paw on it! It's cool. Thanks! Welcome! Is there anyone we are worried about in this class or are we moving on to 2016? If so, Feaster! Spartanburg is right down the street from Clemson. Low key on the media except Saturdays. Most importantly, they groom young men there not just football players! Come join us! After all....

#WeAreClemson
#ALLIN

Re: Thanks Mark Fields, Jr. for making National Signing Day a

Jan 20, 2015, 8:25 AM

From what I understand we're moving right along to 2016 and will possibly be adding a couple strong commits very soon.

DB U baby!

Jan 20, 2015, 2:00 AM

YES! YES! Welcome to the team, Mr. Fields.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: DB U baby!

Jan 20, 2015, 10:59 PM

Can't Wait! He's to the 40, the 50, the 40, the 35, 30, 20, the 15, 10, 5, and there's ORANGE IN THE ENDZONE! !!*BOOM*!! TOUCHDOWN__________ FIELD_______!!!!!! Pick-six, kick-off, punt-return, etc. Pick Your Poison!! Can't Wait!!
P.S.:THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL AT CLEMSON.

Re: DB U baby!

Jan 20, 2015, 10:59 PM [ in reply to DB U baby! ]

Can't Wait! He's to the 40, the 50, the 40, the 35, 30, 20, the 15, 10, 5, and there's ORANGE IN THE ENDZONE! !!*BOOM*!! TOUCHDOWN__________ FIELD_______!!!!!! Pick-six, kick-off, punt-return, etc. Pick Your Poison!! Can't Wait!!
P.S.:THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL AT CLEMSON.

Wow! Things are looking brighter in Clemson than I can

Jan 20, 2015, 2:12 AM

Ever remember. Just when you think the good news is winding down, it blows back up. What a great athlete and what sounds like a well rounded, hard working young man who understands what greatness is all about. I love it! Recruiting classes like the ones Clemson ' s had and continues to get is how dynasties are formed. Keep up the amazing work players and coaches and there is nothing that can't be accomplished. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Welcome"

Jan 20, 2015, 3:19 AM

Welcome aboard!
We wish you much success...
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Fields on his commitment to Clemson: "Welcome"

Jan 20, 2015, 9:19 AM

Welcome home young man!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 4:39 AM

HOOOORAH! What a class !! Welcome aboard and a.very wise decision. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 20, 2015, 5:59 AM

Like I said, 100% commitment, 75% he would announce. I am kind of surprised though due to him saying he wanted to take his Texas visit first. In any case, Im a happy camper this morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is a STUD.

Jan 20, 2015, 6:04 AM

Not only do we not have to play against him for 4 yrs (decommitted from coots) but we get to play with him for 4 yrs! He is fast an can hit, Watch the highlight film from prep force....this kid intercepts a pass in the end zone and out runs everyone 100yds and returns it for a TD. Cant wait to see what him and Mackenzie can do together

everyone keeps saying that "2015 is the year"

Jan 20, 2015, 7:27 AM

I am seeing it be true more & more everyday. Its one thing to recruit a 4 or 5 star player, its a whole other level when you can pull the rug out from under the feet of your in state rivals! That shows that not only is Clemson a great program but shows the magnitude of the coaching staff that Clemson has.

I have read countless comments bashing one coach or another on here when things dont go exactly as a fan wants but you have to admit they're doing something right here at Clemson! I am a proud Tiger! Glad we have the coaches we have, If not we wouldnt be gifted with this class coming in to reload the gifted class that just left. Go Tigers!!!!!!

schedule sets up nicely in 2015, yet I think talent and

Jan 20, 2015, 10:04 AM

maturity wise, 2016 should be the year. DW will be a junior, the 2015 OLine class will have matured and have some experience. The big LB class we signed last year will be more mature and experienced. The main drawbacks and question marks are Mac Alexander and Shaq Lawson, will they both leave after 2015? or will they stick around for one last go in 2016? Obviously if they leave that will hurt.

Jan 20, 2015, 9:23 AM

Boooyah!! That just brightened the day. Go Tigers!!!

Jan 20, 2015, 2:58 PM

Welcome Tiger...Fields we are glad to have you with the C Tigers. That Tiger Paw looks good on you.
Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic