Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Fields, Cain headline visitor list for the weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Fields, Cain headline visitor list for the weekend

Jan 15, 2015, 11:29 PM

Fields, Cain headline visitor list for the weekend

Cornerback Mark Fields and wide receiver commit Deon Cain headline the visitor list as the Clemson football staff hosts all but three of the remaining 2015 commitments, Fields and athlete Denzel Johnson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Fields, Cain headline visitor list for the weekend

Jan 16, 2015, 12:29 AM

You just KNOW that having such an awesome group together at one time has GOT to make the right impression on some guy that's "on the fence!" Come on, Clemson! Make an impression!

From what I've read, ALL of these guys will sign. Now, who

Jan 16, 2015, 12:36 AM

is the SURPRISE ???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be REALLY nice to get Fields. He's good and he flipped from

Jan 16, 2015, 9:11 AM

the coots. So that's a win-win for Clemson.

You know what would really be interesting ...

Jan 16, 2015, 10:35 AM

... is to see the articles on Fields that the Texas and LSU reporters are writing about him. Are they getting the same interview or is the bond with the CU coaches and players special?

There is no question: I want Fields and based on this article, it sounds like he wants to be a Clemson Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

from an LSU site

Jan 16, 2015, 12:29 PM

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/lsu_offers_

Sounds like he grew up on LSU country ... and dad played for the Saints:

"LSU is one of the schools that I always wanted to go to when I was younger," Fields said. "I really don't know a lot of the coaches. They came into the picture at the last minute. But I'm going to try my best to get to know them, build a relationship and go from there."

The elder Fields was a linebacker for the Saints from 1995-2000 before heading to St. Louis in 2001 before finishing his career with Carolina (2002-04). The younger Fields attends Hough High School in Charlotte and said his love for LSU actually began when he was in North Carolina.

"I really didn't know too much about LSU until I got to North Carolina when I really watched them play with Patrick Peterson and stuff like that," Fields said. "Growing up in Louisiana, it helped and we just became LSU fans."

Fields tweeted last night that his "dream school" had offered him in LSU but also followed that Saturday with a tweet that his top two schools were Clemson and Texas.

LSU entered the picture very late with defensive backs coach Corey Raymond talking with Fields for the first time on Friday when he extended the offer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from a Texas site

Jan 16, 2015, 12:38 PM [ in reply to You know what would really be interesting ... ]

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/1/4/7491161/mark-fields-top-two-texas-longhorns-clemson-tigers

A consensus four-star prospect ranked as the No. 7 cornerback nationally and the No. 4 player in the state of North Carolina, Fields originally committed to South Carolina in March on an unofficial visit before opening up his recruitment once again in December.

Dating back to June of 2013, Fields has been on at least five visits to the Clemson campus, including an unofficial visit this fall prior to his decommitment from South Carolina. He'll also taken an official visit to see the Tigers on January 23.

As long as he doesn't end his recruitment on that trip, he's scheduled to take an official visit to Texas on January 30, the last visit weekend before National Signing Day on February 4. Since Fields is considering the Longhorns without a visit, it would be surprising for him not to take that trip.

Landing his signature on the 4th will probably be difficult, however, as Clemson is considered the heavy favorite -- his 247Sports Crystal Ball sits at 61% in favor of the Tigers.

Still, the five Florida prospects have served notice over the last several days that one visit is all it takes for out-of-state prospects to decide to join head coach Charlie Strong's program, so perhaps Fields will as well.

I had a gentleman in at my workplace today to quote

Jan 16, 2015, 3:11 PM

a job for us, and when he found out I went to Clemson, he perked up real quick. Turns out he is LaSamuel Davis's grandfather. He is some kinda proud that his grandson is going to be at Clemson playing football for the Tigers "on a full ride".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice. Sometimes TNetters forget about all those families and

Jan 16, 2015, 3:17 PM

friends related to these recruits... Not saying we dismiss it, just that it's not a regular conversation piece. +1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Fields, Cain headline visitor list for the weekend

Jan 16, 2015, 5:44 PM

We need young men like Fields @ Clemson. Best wishes to this young man.

I hope Monday's Headline reads" Clemson is a Field of dreams

Jan 17, 2015, 9:18 AM

Mark Fields has canceled all future trips and will announce this week where he
will go to school. I hope all the future stars have a great visit and Tanner
Muse has a nice enough visit that he decides football is where he will have the most potential
at playing professionally in the future. Go Tiger!!! Beat the exCuses!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic