Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: A Parent's Perspective: Recruiting and the Family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: A Parent's Perspective: Recruiting and the Family

Jan 15, 2015, 7:17 AM

A Parent's Perspective: Recruiting and the Family

Imagine that you’re the parent of a highly-regarded high school football prospect, and your family lives within 80 minutes of the state’s two biggest college programs, programs known for wanting to win at football and claim the state of South Carolina as their own. It's great, but it takes a toll. TigerNet spoke with Terrance Feaster, whose son Tavien is one of the top targets for the 2016 recruiting cycle. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: A Parent's Perspective: Recruiting and the Family

Jan 15, 2015, 7:24 AM

Excellent article. I wouldnt put it past Feaster to commit on signing day. That would be the icing on the cake, wouldnt it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 9:58 AM

Just like Watson. He was our best recruit in a class before his own.

this is the part of college football that I don't like and I

Jan 15, 2015, 7:28 AM

feel for the families that have to go through it. Unfortunately, it will not end until he signs because you will have those that will try to flip him even after he commits. It sounds like he has a great support system and he will make a good decision.

After reading this I expect David to

Jan 15, 2015, 7:40 AM

Crystal Ball Feaster to Clemson.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: After reading this I expect David to

Jan 15, 2015, 7:42 AM

FEASTER HAS BEEN ON PEAVYS FRIDGE FOR MONTHS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After reading this I expect David to

Jan 15, 2015, 8:10 PM [ in reply to After reading this I expect David to ]

I desperately hope we get him, but honestly don't have a really good feeling
about this one. Hope I'm wrong. I really don't think he's a Clemson lean.

Re: this is the part of college football that I don't like and I

Jan 15, 2015, 7:49 AM [ in reply to this is the part of college football that I don't like and I ]

Having been through the process with a couple of friends, I can tell you that a firm "leave me the hell alone" to the pursuing coaches will put an end to the pursuit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is the part of college football that I don't like and I

Jan 15, 2015, 8:54 AM [ in reply to this is the part of college football that I don't like and I ]

Agreed! I wish all these kids had that family support system in place. The world would be a lot better place, if they did. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I hear he doesn't want all the attention, I like our

Jan 15, 2015, 7:46 AM

chances more. I'm feeling good about him.

Re: When I hear he doesn't want all the attention, I like our

Jan 15, 2015, 7:56 AM

Well his dad just set the stage of how they like for coaches to handle the situation with them....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 8:52 AM

The great news is that our coaches don't have to adjust their recruiting style for him. We are who we are, and that is the thing so many programs don't seem to have. That genuine care and commitment to help their son be the best man is the best selling point we have, IMO. Also, his Dad telling Tavien to take FB out of the decision is huge. That is a Father who wants what really is best for his son all round, and not just from a FB standpoint. Elliot telling him he will work him hard is huge, too. No sugar coating. Expectations are clear. He won't do better than Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and this is the secret to our recruiting success***

Jan 15, 2015, 9:05 AM

Jan 15, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: When I hear he doesn't want all the attention, I like our ]

Very well said...you have to imagine us recruiting with that selling point hurts us in situations where 5* kids have overwhelming talent, but don't have the family support structure that kids like Tavien Feaster has. Those kids want to hear that they're going to start right away, take easy classes and not have to work hard or stay long to move on to the NFL, i.e. Clownboy, then they fizzle out. At Clemson University we recruit talented players that have great family structures, looking to join an even bigger family. Their parents feel comfortable and at home with Dabo, knowing that not only will they play close to home in an elite program, but that Dabo and company will make great men out of their sons, and treat them like their own. They trust that if their son doesn't make it to the big league, they have a degree from Clemson University and have grown into admirable men. BEST is the standard, and I love it! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: When I hear he doesn't want all the attention, I like our ]

Yeah, that's what I picked up on as well. This article is the blueprint on how to recruit this young man.

Jan 15, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: When I hear he doesn't want all the attention, I like our ]

Yeah, that's what I picked up on as well. This article is the blueprint on how to recruit this young man.

Maybe this is why commitments aren't always

Jan 15, 2015, 7:55 AM

commitments any more. The family is just beat up and wants it to stop or at least slow down so they commit before they are ready just to keep their sanity.

Jan 15, 2015, 8:13 AM

It sounds like his dad wants to go to Clemson!

Jan 15, 2015, 8:45 AM

What a wonderful Father Tavien has! Also, what a great coaching staff Clemson has to be able to focus on the lives of these young men on and off the field. Very proud of that, and I hope this young man chooses us, but whatever he does, we are doing things right, and he couldn't make a better choice than Clemson.

Best piece of advice I've heard from a prospects parents

Jan 15, 2015, 9:00 AM

"if you couldn't play football could you still see yourself going to this school."

That would work for every decision for a 17 year old has to make for their future education/career. "If you couldn't do X would you still do Y."

Dabo has honored schollies of past injured players

Jan 15, 2015, 10:06 AM

which has to have impact on parents of future recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has honored schollies of past injured players

Jan 15, 2015, 6:00 PM

I doubt it ... at least not enough to affect their decision. Nobody believes they'll get hurt. Don't you remember being 17 and indestructible?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Jan 15, 2015, 10:44 AM

This young man has a absolutely great family and support structure within. His father's comment," take football out of the picture, would you still want to go to this school?". That says the world about his family, and.their desire for him to get a quality education and succeed in life. Great interview and article. I hope he.commits to Clemson. GO TIGERS!!!

Tells me the kid will do well wherever he goes.

Jan 15, 2015, 2:19 PM

Has a heck of support unit behind him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jan 15, 2015, 2:39 PM

Very good advice from a parent. Hope this does not overwhelm this young man. We would like to have him...but if you know him and is a Clemson Tiger ...speak...ask him how school is going and tell him hi and don't pressure him. I would like to see him here, but he may need some space.Best wishes, and God Bless this young man.

"Couch bound coaches" with "esteemed opinions"

Jan 15, 2015, 2:55 PM

Pretty much sums up Tigernet.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 15, 2015, 6:40 PM

Great article about the huge decision for these young student athletes. Also a good perspective of the parents of these prospects. Having been an athlete at Clemson, I understand the family atmosphere and how the Tigers have been a big part of my life the past 40 years. Being a Clemson student athlete is just the beginning. The Tigers will always be in your heart no matter where you are on this planet. Clemson draws you back to root on the new student athletes and be a part of the game day atmosphere. It is obvious the Feaster Family is going to make the right decision based on what I have read in this article. I would certainly be proud to say the Mr. Feaster's son is going to play his college football at Clemson. However, if he goes to another fine college to experience his next few years as a student athlete, I will be rooting for him to succeed at football and life.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic