Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

New Story: Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach.

Jan 14, 2015, 7:01 AM

Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach.

It always helps to play your best because you never know who might be watching - a lesson that one in-state athlete learned during the first round the state AAA playoffs.
A.C. Flora athlete Denzel Johnson owned an offer from Clemson since his junior year of high school, but a highlight reel performance in the Falcons' 37-14 victory over Daniel High School caught head coach Dabo Swinney's attention. What does Johnson say about a possible commitment to Clemson this weekend?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach.

Jan 14, 2015, 8:02 AM

Just gotta get him on campus before Towson swoops down and steals him . I hear that Liberty game day atmosphere can be substantial , especially when Oral Roberts rolls into town.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 14, 2015, 8:04 AM

congrats on the first idiotic response on this thread. doubt it holds up though. you can only hope

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His performance in Remember the Titans was impressive too***

Jan 14, 2015, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bible study at Liberty is top notch. Don't dismiss this.***

Jan 14, 2015, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach. ]

Trashing a possible Tiger that Dabo is impressed with

Jan 14, 2015, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Playoff performance leads to offer from Clemson's head coach. ]

didn't take long. Look, if the coaches see some special potential and want a guy, then why can't all Tiger fans support it??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been

Jan 14, 2015, 8:32 AM

enough to get him to campus. If so it would have been nice to use the scholly on a big time defensive player. There's bound to be a few steals out there in the top 300. Heck we would probably be able to poach another USCjr player before signing day.

Well this is why Dabo gets the big bucks and runs one of the best programs in the nation. I would be interested to see where he wants to play him. I feel like we are stacked at WR and RB so he would likely be a safety. Decent size/speed combo. Seems like a good player to develop but it is risky since he plays small time HS ball.

Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been

Jan 14, 2015, 8:48 AM

You do know that a grey shirt still cost us a scholarship next year right? We already have a small class for the next cycle no use giving up those scholarships now.

null

Jan 14, 2015, 9:02 AM

Sorry. I was under the impression that a greyshirt was a coach telling a kid he would make the team as a walk on and he would have the opportunity to earn a scholarship but we had no obligation to give him one.

Understandable, all a Greyshirt is is a recruit that

Jan 14, 2015, 9:51 AM

agrees to wait until after the fall semester to enroll at school, where he'll count on the next class,still with 5 years to play 4.So technically , it puts a recruit on a 6 year(season) plan.

Jan 14, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

Small time high school ball? Jarvis Jenkins, Deshawn Williams and Nuk Hopkins all say "Hi"!

Jan 14, 2015, 9:29 AM

All 3 of those players were at least 3 stars idiot! Get your facts straight before posting! My opinion this is just a waste of a scholarship for a scout team player! Everyone has their own opinion , but i also said Sammy Watkins would be the best receiver to step on the field for Clemson and this was before he even enrolled! In division 1 all you need is speed! I would like to know what this guys speed and quickness is like! If he runs anything over 4.5 he will be a bust

Jan 14, 2015, 9:47 AM

Idiot? Are you in middle school? I have never had one person be rude to me on TNet ever, except LeadTiger and that was his normal response. Wow, and the only fact I needed for my post was that the level of talent and play for Daniel High and AC Flora is above what you were stating. This idiot is done with this thread..peace out.

Isn't Denzel a 3 star by some services ?

Jan 14, 2015, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

Might want to look elsewhere for that IDIOT. I'd say the mirror.

http://247sports.com/Player/Denzel-Johnson-43436

Jan 14, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

Nuk ran over a 4.5.

What a great judge of talent, actually thinking Sammy

Jan 14, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

was going to be a great player before arriving at Clemson.

Hey guys.. 3 years ago i said Andrew Luck was going to be

Jan 14, 2015, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

a good NFL QB. How smart am I?????????? Seriously, how smart?

I'm sorry, are you a division 1 college football coach?

Jan 14, 2015, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

Because a D1 college head coach thinks this kid has a shot to be worth a scholarship. Do you think you know better? Did you see this kid play in person like he did?

Re: I'm sorry, are you a division 1 college football coach?

Jan 14, 2015, 12:56 PM

I've seen him person at least 4 times and you better hope coach reed can do something with him.

Jan 14, 2015, 12:58 PM

No one is bashing the kid but the take is questionable at best and you know it. Take off the orange shades for a few minutes. DB isn't a p

Jan 14, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry, are you a division 1 college football coach? ]

No one is bashing the kid but the take is questionable at best and you know it. Take off the orange shades for a few minutes. DB isn't a position

Jan 14, 2015, 1:06 PM

WHO HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DB. HE IS BEING RECRUITED AS AN ATHLETE.

Jan 14, 2015, 1:09 PM

You obviously have trouble reading because the article even said Clemson wanted him at DB. Read the article before you jump into the convo. He'll never see the field at wr with our talent at the position.

Good thing your opinion...

Jan 14, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

doesn't mean sh!t?

Amen!***

Jan 14, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

As an example of a surprise player we might want to have a scholly for. Big DE from Nigeria with supposedly off the charts athleticism like the Clown changing his recruiting class year. It's nice to keep one extra on hand.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20150113/PSPORTS02/150119870/-1/PSPORTS

Coot Deams.he's Bama/Auburn lock

Jan 14, 2015, 9:56 AM

They have no chance LOL

Jan 14, 2015, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

Georgia's Nick Chubb saays hi. Cedartown is 3A in Georgia. There are several steals at lower classifications. Maybe as many but they can be found.

Jan 14, 2015, 2:40 PM

Chubb weighted 30 lbs more and had the same 40 time as this kid. Chubb was a 4 star kid with a million offers. This kid is not rated and has 2 big school offers and I believe just a few small school offers. My issue with it is we likely didn't need to blow a scholly on him to get him to come.

Jan 14, 2015, 3:14 PM

Normally I wouldn't mind this take but Clemson recruiting is at a all time high and we can get higher caliber guys at this position. This kid is no better than olgesby from an athletic standpoint and even if olgesby would've enrolled here he would have a hard time seeing the field. We are in good with some good DBS this next cycle.

Not being smart but playing against Daniel is not small time

Jan 14, 2015, 10:25 AM [ in reply to I trust Dabo but it seems like a grey shirt may have been ]

Apparently Dabo saw something more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ryan carter 2.0

Jan 14, 2015, 11:30 AM

I guess dabo saw that talent as well. There is a reason he's only got offer from fcs schools and interest from nc state. A source close to the staff claims this all dabo and not reed. Maybe we'll take Dawkins jr to and limit our class to 10 guys next yr. I wouldn't taking the DE from bama. There are Denzel's in every class. Wouldn't mind taking the big DT from the shrine bowl bigger need than this. Oh but his hudl looks good. I can show you a 1* with a heisman hudl

very indepth there. Why don't you start you a recruiting

Jan 14, 2015, 12:39 PM

magazine. You seem very knowledgeable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 8:45 AM

Watch him become All ACC his senior year. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Dabo would look like a genius.

Nothing like opening the door to recruiting @ AC Flora right

Jan 14, 2015, 9:05 AM

around the corner from Willie B...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 9:03 AM

6' 1" @195 lbs. Sounds like a Defensive Back in the making. Star count doesn't really matter. It sounds like he has the heart and desire to excel at the next level. Dabo must of saw something that most of us don't have clue about to change from a grey shirt to a scholarship. GO TIGERS!!!

This is a good take. Columbia kid and legit tape.

Jan 14, 2015, 10:01 AM

He's a playmaker.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

After reading some of the comments on this thread

Jan 14, 2015, 9:43 AM

and others, several on thsi bored need to go down to teh University and offer their services to Coach Swinney to help him manage scholarships and greyshirts. Obviously he does not understand how to manage and keep up with them, and is putting us in jeopardy with the NCAA.

Idiots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Offers from NC State, Louisville, and ND as well***

Jan 14, 2015, 9:58 AM

coach watch out -

Jan 14, 2015, 10:22 AM

AllTimeClemson isn't gonna like this....

These are the kind of guys that end up being superstars,like

Jan 14, 2015, 11:53 AM

Vic Beasley! Hungry guys who begin to peak in college and aren't full of themselves!! This dude will be a baller for sure!!!

My guess is safety or WILL ...***

Jan 14, 2015, 11:59 AM

Jan 14, 2015, 7:40 PM

This young man would wear the Paw well. How exciting!

Jan 14, 2015, 11:37 PM

Sorry, but he won't qualify. Why do you think the coots aren't offering? Come on Coach, THINK!

Jan 14, 2015, 11:38 PM

Great article

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic