Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Balance of Power
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Balance of Power

Jan 12, 2015, 1:11 PM

Balance of Power

Florida St. has to play at Clemson and at Georgia Tech next season, while Clemson plays host to those two teams. Add in the return of quarterback Deshaun Watson, experience on offense and a talented defense and the Tigers look to be loaded in 2015. But should they be the favorites in the ACC Atlantic? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Balance of Power

Jan 12, 2015, 1:17 PM

It would be nice if we'd bring it against the Noles. The game we played last time they came to DV was bad in every respect. we can beat them if we show up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 1:28 PM

The mass of early turn overs in the DV game was a blow that I don't even think this years team with Watson could have over come. #1 rule in DV this coming season is take care of the ball. Giving the ball back on 1st and 2nd down will cripple any elite team no matter where they are playing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team with the best QB will win. And we have that in DW

Jan 12, 2015, 1:17 PM

I'm not on the bandwagon of him being injury prone. The finger and knee injuries were flucks plain and simply. I believe he'll be fully healthy and ready to crush teams next year. Our offense is going to be crazy good. D should be in the top 25-30 next year with the returning talent and the young bloods we've got coming

Re: The team with the best QB will win. And we have that in DW

Jan 12, 2015, 2:27 PM

Our D will be a top 25 D from opening kick off September, and will continue working their way back toward the top every game afterwards. BV has set his future plans for our D 3 to 4 years ahead. BV has had RS Sophomore, and RS Freshmen on the shelf for the past two years that has been being prepared for their turn for over two years now. And most of them will become stars shortly after being taken off the shelf and dusted off. Scott Pagano won't be the only star coming off the shelf and dusted off, there will be more that will be ready to compete for a spot this fall. I think that as long as Brent Venables is our DC, he won't ever be caught half stepping, he is much to proud to except or settle for just good enough for his players that he holds himself accountable for their success. Our defense was the mirror image of their coach, #1 in the country across the board. And yes, I do believe that Brent Venables is right now the best DC in ALL of college Football. That's right, the best college Defensive Coordinator in the entire country, coaches defense at Clemson University, hands down is my opinion!!! Money can't buy love, and I hope that BV's love for Clemson out grows the mighty dollar bill. Nut cutting at Clemson is becoming our way of life!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd certainly love for that to be the case!

Jan 12, 2015, 2:32 PM

Especially since so many people think our D is going to fall off a cliff next year.

Re: The team with the best QB will win. And we have that in DW

Jan 12, 2015, 5:12 PM [ in reply to The team with the best QB will win. And we have that in DW ]

I hope you are right!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most Nole fans I've seen on the Internet expect 2 losses

Jan 12, 2015, 1:49 PM

this season at a minimum. Been in an number of social media discussions and only the most die hard fans seem to think they can recover to the 2013 hey day yet. A more than a few are not happy with Kelly as a replacement for Pruitt and not convinced he will last.

Jan 12, 2015, 1:49 PM

Really good article and "spot on" in my opinion, David.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 1:52 PM

SPOT THE BALL.

If ever there was a year to run the table...

Jan 12, 2015, 2:08 PM

This would be it. Non-conference schedule of Wofford, App State, Notre Dame, and @ USC. Our two main conference rivals (FSU and GT) at home. Conference road games provide a couple 'trap' opportunities (Louisville, Miami, NC State) but we got enough returning talent and some quality new guys coming in that the Clemson faithful should have good reason to dream big for 2015.

GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many starters projected leaving FSU?

Jan 12, 2015, 4:24 PM

The big names are encouraging, but the more players the better. Nice article.

Re: How many starters projected leaving FSU?

Jan 12, 2015, 6:05 PM

Pretty much the entire offense will be gone with the exception of Dalvin Cook

Clemson is my favorite this season.

Jan 12, 2015, 6:11 PM

Coming from me that's not really news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict we will kick their ###***

Jan 13, 2015, 12:40 AM

Best Is The Standard

Jan 12, 2015, 6:56 PM

We have had 3 straight top 15 recruiting classes this year and will most likely have a top 5 class this year. I know they have better recruiting classes than us but besides the 2013 game, our games between FSU haven't been decided until the 4th quarter. They won on a last second FG in 2010, we beat them in 2011, we could of won in 2012 if it wasn't for our special teams, everyone knows about 2013 and we should of Defintely won this past year, without all of the turnovers we would of won 31-10. Since 2012, i think we could of beat any team in the nation, at least made it a good game but unfortunately self inflicted wounds have kept us from having better seasons. I hope within the next 2-3 yrs, we can finally put things together and making it into the national championship game

Jan 12, 2015, 10:06 PM

Preseason predictions mean absolutely nothing...Tigers need to prove it on the field and I hope they do...Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic