Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: For the Record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 6,425

New Story: For the Record

Jan 8, 2015, 9:29 AM

For the Record

Clemson’s first game of the 2015 football is still 240 days away, an eternity for college football fans who now have to wait for National Signing Day, spring practice, summer workouts and the dog days of summer before their favorite team takes to the field. That doesn't mean we can't look ahead to next season's schedule, however. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: For the Record

Jan 8, 2015, 9:42 AM

My one and only concern with losing all of those Seniors is not the talent level to replace, its the leadership! Who do we have that can fill that vocal leadership void left by Grady and Corey Crawford on defense...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I think you will see players like Boulware, Blanks, Kearse

Jan 8, 2015, 9:47 AM

step up in that role. Maybe even a Reader or Watkins on the line. The great thing about these younger guys practicing and playing with the likes of Grady, Corey & Vic is that they not only learn aspects of playing, but also how to be a leader.

Or Mack Alexander***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think Shaq Lawson will step up to be the new leader***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:04 AM [ in reply to I think you will see players like Boulware, Blanks, Kearse ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I think you will see players like Boulware, Blanks, Kearse

Jan 8, 2015, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I think you will see players like Boulware, Blanks, Kearse ]

agree on all of these, maybe add Lawson!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you will see players like Boulware, Blanks, Kearse

Jan 9, 2015, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I think you will see players like Boulware, Blanks, Kearse ]

Look for the lineup to look similar to this next season...

DEFENSE

SDE - Shaq Lawson
E.Ogundeko or A.Huggins or S. Johnson
DT - Carlos Watkins
Rod Byers or J.Robinson or
DT - D.J. Reader
Scott Pagano or Christian Wilkins
WDE - Kevin Dodd
M.Aiken, R.Yeargin, D.Rogers, A.Bryant
C.Ferrell
OLB - Korie Rogers
T.J. Burrell
MLB - Ben Boulware
Kellen Jones
NB - Dorian O'Daniel
B.J. Goodson or Travis Blanks
CB - Mackensie Alexander
Cordrea Tankersly or Ryan Carter
S - Jadar Johnson
T.J. Green or Jeffrie Gibson
S - Jayron Kearse
Korrin Wiggins or Travis Blanks
CB - hopefully Mark Fields or Kaleb Chalmers
Or Adrian Baker or Marcus Edmond

OFFENSE

LT - Isaiah Battle
Mitch Hyatt or Maverick Morris
LG - Tyrone Crowder
Ryan Norton
C - Jay Guillermo
Ryan Norton
RG - Eric Mac Lain
Justin Falcinelli
RT - Joe Gore
Jake Fruhmorgen or Oliver Jones
TE - Milan Richard
Jordan Leggett or Stanton Seckinger
WR - Mike Williams
T.Thompson
WR - Charone Peake
Deon Cain or Shaddell Bell
WR - Artavis Scott
G.Hopper or R.R.McCloud
RB - Wayne Gallman or Tyshon Dye
Zac Brooks or Adam Coice or C.J.Fuller
QB - Deshaun Watson
Tucker Israel
Nick Schuessler

One of the freshman QB's will earn PT as a freshman, if not both, as we will need a capable and experienced backup. It's my thoughts that while Kelly Bryant looks to be more athletic than DW4, he needs time to learn the system and to develop physically and as a passer, so look for a RS. Tucker Israel is a more polished passer, so I look for him to avoid the redshirt, but eventually Kelly Bryant's skill set will overtake Tucker Israel as the backup in 2016. It's my opinion we will have the best WR corps in the nation by years end if DW4 stays healthy, OL will be improved and deeper, but will have much more potential in 2016. TE can't be any worse this year, as I think Milan Richard will eventually be a Dwayne Allen clone who can block well and be a threat in the passing game. I would love to see Jordan Leggett out wide...at 6'5 250 he could be a nightmare for opposing secondaries. RB will be deeper, more experienced and more talented than ever, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Zac Brooks line up at WR some this year. With all the talent at RB, it wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer or 2, especially with Feaster coming in (hopefully). DL will have little drop off, as I believe Reader, Pagano and Watkins will be great DT's, LB will be better this year, and the secondary will be better and more experienced as well. The defense won't be #1 again, but it will be top 10 and do enough to win games for us with our offense dominating.

What say ye? Thoughts any juan??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to worry about Raleigh.

Jan 8, 2015, 9:44 AM

I'm here.

I really hope Louisville isn't a Thursday night game, I'm fully intending to go to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm in Raleigh too Krzy

Jan 8, 2015, 10:05 AM

Got your back. And the Tigers' too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Can you two take it to the meet up board already?***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

the happenings in raleigh

Jan 8, 2015, 10:40 AM

were all rumor until now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm in Raleigh too Krzy

Jan 8, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I'm in Raleigh too Krzy ]

Im in Raleigh too.

They also lost their best WR in Bo Hines.

I think Brissett will play better against us next year but our coverage will be really good and give time to our DLine to put pressure on him again.

"Please do not throw mini-bottles in the toilet"

Jan 8, 2015, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I'm in Raleigh too Krzy ]

I live in Raleigh and this is a sign above every toilet in every men's room at Carter Findley stadium (need to ask me wife if it's the same in the women's). As well, they announcers plead with the State fans to stop peeing in their stadium seats.

We should never lose to the wolfpeckers.

Remember when they did their card stunt and it took

Jan 8, 2015, 11:36 AM

about 15 minutes for the announcer to explain it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: "Please do not throw mini-bottles in the toilet"

Jan 8, 2015, 1:37 PM [ in reply to "Please do not throw mini-bottles in the toilet" ]

You mean this sign? We were there for the loss in 2011. One of the most miserable games I've sat through. But the only loss to them in the past 11 years. Had tickets to the 2013 game but Delta Airlines made sure I didn't make it home in time to attend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Still Too Deep!! Plus,

Jan 8, 2015, 9:47 AM

we'll have the Oculus next year, the Hill, the most exciting 25 secs & A Recruiting class with talent & swagger out the ying yang!! We good!

Re: We Still Too Deep!! Plus,

Jan 8, 2015, 10:32 AM

it is all about the Oculus - but only if there is a Tiger Paw Bat Light too.

You argued with Nikki, David?

Jan 8, 2015, 10:07 AM

And she threw a hissy fit? Sounds like you need some coaching from some of us long-time married Tneters.

You mean happy wife, happy life, right?***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:09 AM

^^^^Gets it!^^^^***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:15 AM

that is lame***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to You mean happy wife, happy life, right?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Is that what your wife tells you?***

Jan 9, 2015, 8:08 AM [ in reply to You mean happy wife, happy life, right?*** ]

The single biggest factor in next year's success is based

Jan 8, 2015, 10:21 AM

on one person....Deshaun Watson. Will he stay healthy? How many games does he play in?

that's a fair question to ask as he's been nothing but injured since coming here. Even his senior year in high school was marred by knee/leg injury in the playoffs.

IF he can ditch the injury bug, Clemson should be favored in every game. If not...look out, we have nothing at backup QB. You though "three and out Stoudt" was bad this year...wait until its Dr Schuess and two true freshman.

Re: The single biggest factor in next year's success is based

Jan 8, 2015, 10:35 AM

Scott or Chance in a version of the wildcat with Gallman or Dye at RB should be able to move the chains.... One of the freshmen QBs should also be ready to go after 2 games against AppSt and Wofford.......

the only factor of the O being better than this year is the OL, If DW only pays 5 games then we will be as good as last year!

Jan 8, 2015, 10:50 AM

Ahhhhhhhh.....alltimecoot. Got it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to The single biggest factor in next year's success is based ]

Thanks for the input ALLTIMECOOT!!!

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson

Jan 8, 2015, 10:42 AM [ in reply to The single biggest factor in next year's success is based ]

#9 to steveport 35-17 66-42-4

Jan 8, 2015, 10:49 AM [ in reply to The single biggest factor in next year's success is based ]

Disagree somewhat on the nothing after DW. I truly feel that Israel or Bryant will be a more than capable back up and can step in when asked. We have too many weapons to shut the whole offense down. Maybe we should wait till after the spring to start throwing our backup quarterbacks under the bus. A little too early for that right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worried he might have to beat your coots with one leg again?***

Jan 8, 2015, 11:11 AM [ in reply to The single biggest factor in next year's success is based ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to The single biggest factor in next year's success is based ]

Hey coot,
Why discount the 2 true freshmen? DW was a true freshman this past year and he was okay I'd say. They aren't walk on quality high school kids. Israel has set almost every record in Florida and most analysis say Bryant is even better. Have you not been paying attention? They may not be DW, but with all the other talent on offense the drop off won't be disastrous by any means.

these guys are nowhere near Watson

Jan 9, 2015, 8:12 AM

Everybody knew Watson was the real deal. That's why we offered him a scholarship when he was a sophomore in HS.

Jan 8, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to The single biggest factor in next year's success is based ]

Watson was a true freshman this past season as well, so I fail to see your reasoning. Either of the incoming quarterbacks could be as ready as Watson to make the jump from prep to college.

Re: New Story: For the Record

Jan 8, 2015, 11:12 AM

Good article. You are on the money. I hope Wofford is the opener, because of the big change in personnel. But there is much leadership potential on defense and the DL. And coach Swinney is right that the young guys are made of the right stuff.

3 Defensive Freshmen to Watch

Jan 8, 2015, 11:19 AM

Albert Huggins

Austin Bryant

Christian Wilkins

I don't see these guys redshirting at all. In fact, I see some if not all 3 of them earning starting positions beside Shaq Lawson and Scott Pagano. By mid season the other freshmen and redshirt from this past season will be ready to cause chaos on the Defensive Front. I'm not too worried about the defense going into next season. Brent Venables is the main reason why. If we had lost him to another school at the end of this season then I would have maybe had some doubts. However, I feel as if we have a shot to make the playoffs next season. From 2015-2018 we should have a nice run if all goes well injury and discipline wise.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

When's the schedule released?***

Jan 8, 2015, 12:21 PM

ND's offense will be a tough out for a young defense

Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM

Don't we play them earlier in the season, too? Not sure what all they're returning, but it didn't seem like they had a lot of seniors on that side of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND game is Oct 3.

Jan 8, 2015, 1:52 PM

We'll have enough games under our belt by then.

Kinda hoping to make it to Louisville next year

Jan 9, 2015, 7:50 AM

But a Thursday night scheduling would kill those hopes. :/

Replies: 37
| visibility 6,425
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic