Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Top five moments of 2014? Too many to choose from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Top five moments of 2014? Too many to choose from

Jan 2, 2015, 9:57 AM

Top five moments of 2014? Too many to choose from

There were a lot of moments from the 2014 calendar year in Clemson football that are worth remembering, and it's hard to pick a top five or even a top ten. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Top five moments of 2014? Too many to chose from

Jan 2, 2015, 10:02 AM

Chose? Good grief, is that really on the front page?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go easy on 'em, the mods are still excited that the

Jan 2, 2015, 10:10 AM

SEC were such big loosers this bowl season ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Go easy on 'em, the mods are still excited that the

Jan 2, 2015, 10:16 AM

Ok. Maybe you're right. I guess I'll refrain from mentioning the preposition thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A preposition is not a good thing to end a sentnece with.***

Jan 2, 2015, 11:32 AM

Re: Go easy on 'em, the mods are still excited that the

Jan 2, 2015, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Go easy on 'em, the mods are still excited that the ]

Yep, Bama, AuBum, LSWho, Ole Miss, Crappy Miss, all lost there bowl game. Also adding that UGA and USUC Losing to their ACC in state rivals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We done chosed all the good one's

Jan 2, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Top five moments of 2014? Too many to chose from ]

cheese chose choose chosen choosen where is an English major when you need one

Jan 2, 2015, 10:03 AM

If Artavis continues his trajectory and becomes an all-time great Clemson WR, I won't forget his TD against UNC where I had already gotten excited about 1st and goal and then he decided to drag a couple of tar heels into the endzone himself. Watson to Peake against UGA was a wow moment that will probably last a long time too.

Jan 2, 2015, 10:07 AM

I was pretty sure Hood-Steele 2014 would make this list, but I guess not. :D

Go Tigers!

To me "moments" = plays; therefore, my top 5 are:

Jan 2, 2015, 10:08 AM

1) Scott's sideline dance to the end zone against the coots
2) Scott's TD on our first play against OU
3) Beasley's sack/strip vs. the coots
4) Williams' incredible catch vs. NCSU
5) Cole's TD run vs. OU (the play was not incredible like the other 4 above, but what it meant to him and seeing his joy make it easily top 5).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic breaking the sack record was big***

Jan 2, 2015, 10:26 AM

Gary Peters strip for the scoop and score

Jan 2, 2015, 10:43 AM

That was HUGE. Gotta give it an honorable mention.

Jan 2, 2015, 10:46 AM

I must missed Beast sack fumble TD again Carolina. I distinctly remember that feat against NC State.

Re: Top 5 plays from calendar year 2014.

Jan 2, 2015, 10:49 AM

5. Boulware's pick six: only fitting the defense scores in the bowl game. Mike Patrick, #10 will be back at LB next season.
4. Hump's punt return TD against Louisville: needed every point in that game, and it was nice to see Adam have a big return moment.
3. Martavis's second TD catch in the Orange Bowl: great effort, great catch. It kind of springboarded him into his NFL career, which has started quite well.
2. Vic setting the sack record: to be first on a list that includes both Perry's and Gaines Adams is impressive, and Vic deserves credit for that.
1. Tay Scott screens: against WF, the Chickens, and Oklahoma. Huge plays in those games to bring home Tiger victories!
GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 5 plays from calendar year 2014.

Jan 2, 2015, 12:17 PM

1. Vic's spin move against Oklahoma for a sack followed on the next play by Jarret's tackle for loss. That entire three an out series should be on instant replay
2. Watson's third down completion against SC when we were down by 7 early.
3. Watson's TD drive against UGA

Hard for me to include the OB since it was last season

Jan 2, 2015, 12:37 PM

Even if it was in 2014...just doesn't feel right, so I will have my top 5 from the 2014 season...

5. Final series against BC - defense comes up big to preserve the win after a thrilling go-ahead TD drive

4. Boulware pick 6 vs Oklahoma - I was tempted to put Scott's TD here, but the intended was when we started to pull away and leave no doubt. This play was the summary of the entire game

3. Goal line stand vs Louisville - the final 2 minutes of this game made me feel like I was watching the basketball team...leading only to squander it away in the final seconds. I was as tense as I have been in any game in recent memory....Jayron Kearse with the defensive play of the year

2. Watson vs the state of North Carolina - I know this isn't one play, but really there are too many to choose from. In consecutive games, the DW-lead tigers put up 91 points on UNC and NCST. Several touchdowns stand out...pass to hopper as he gets drilled...superman dive...pass to mike Williams full extension in the end zone.

1. Scott vs SC - thus is also a summary of the entire game...Tay Scott running wild exercised 5 years of demons and frustration, and ushers in a new Era of clemson dominance!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard for me to include the OB since it was last season

Jan 2, 2015, 1:28 PM
Clemson Paw.jpg(24.1 K)

AND _____________let's not forget to mention tha' play /plays of Wayne Gallman !!!!!!!!!!! _________I enjoyed the entire season,especialy the ""Coot Win"" and "" Number 10 """ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS ~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!

Re: New Story: Top five moments of 2014? Too many to choose from

Jan 2, 2015, 2:23 PM

To be honest David, you about covered it except for Slurrers post game presser.

Jan 2, 2015, 2:38 PM

David, you have made some outstanding choices in your post. The only difference I would have with what you have posted is, I would switch 1 and 2. Trust me, I love seeing us beat South Carolina but to see what Cole Stoudt endured during the season from alleged fans, media, and "know it all" people and then to respond the way he did in the bowl game - TRULY A REMARKABLE FEAT!!! This young man will do well in life because he overcame all of this negativity and with the support of his family, true fans, his coaches, and especially his teammates, he lead our TEAM to victory. I am impressed and a fan of this young man!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes! Top moments! - Stoudt's near perfect game in bowl!***

Jan 2, 2015, 7:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 2 moments for me

Jan 2, 2015, 7:08 PM

The top 2 moments for me were: #1 South Carolina game... Dabo Swinney matured as a coach. #2 Oklahoma game...Dabo Swinney matured even more as a coach. These showed me no more cheerleading but a control and a command for the game and right way to lead and congratulate your team.

Jan 2, 2015, 11:46 PM

A moment for me was the fumble recovery by our own war hero ...the smile on his face is one of the best moments in Clemson football.

Nice list. A lot of positives to look back on.

Jan 3, 2015, 1:12 PM

My top 5 would be:

5. Watson's first downfield pass against UGA. Think it was to Mike Williams about 25 yards down the center of the field. It was a laser throw and a legitimate "WOW" moment for fans who hadn't seen DW in action yet. To see a true freshman display that kind of ability was a "$-sign in the eyes" event.

4. Since it's the most recent example, Grady Jarrett blowing up the middle of OK's line and getting a TFL on Perine on the game's first play. This was Grady's MO all season - guy never took a play off. I hope somebody can step up on D and fill Grady's leadership void, because it's a big one.

3. Tay Scott's TD on our first offensive play of the bowl game. Huge statement after a Nasty D 3 and out, and it was new Co-OC Elliott/Scott's first ever play call.

2. Watson's TD hurdle against NC State. As if the passing and game management exploits weren't enough, DW went full freak on that play, reaching, literally, rarefied heights.

1. Beasley's sack/caused fumble against Thompson and SCar. Though we looked like the far better team early in the rivalry game, anything can happen. Beasley capped a phenomenal career and helped ensure a mojo reversal in the series with that play, getting the monkey off our backs but good.

Overall a solid season, and the prospects look great for an even better 2015 and beyond.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic