Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,889

New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice

Dec 23, 2014, 2:01 PM

Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice

New co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott was asked about the excitement shown by the offense during the early part of bowl practice, and he said new voices aren't always a bad thing. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice

Dec 23, 2014, 2:34 PM

Let's hope the new offensive coaches are committed to running the football. It seems in the past several years the desire to throw the ball down field has made us soft in short yardage situations and 3rd & 3 is always a passing down.

Re: New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice

Dec 23, 2014, 2:50 PM

its a sign of the times man. I agree we need to get better at running but it started up front. we didn't have any nastiness from our OL so it was hard to pick up those short yards. Next few years we will get better but overall I think we did pretty good particularly when Boyd was QB.

Its all about throwing now, just look at the NFL and also look at the WR we had. We want the ball in our playmakers hands and that's we did the last few years. However our future at RB is bright as it has been in almost a decade. We should have no problem running the ball with what we have now and coming in.

Dec 23, 2014, 4:15 PM

Wouldn't it be something if Stoudt caught onto this new system and performed at a higher level than he did under Morris? Many of our very knowledgeable fans would never accept that.

Dec 23, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice ]

Sad to say im old enough to remember when everyone was like,,,,,,, all we do it run the ball.. 3 yards and a cloud of dust, cant we find a way to throw it more...lol.. amazing how things change. I did hear today that almost all the new coaching vacancies were filled with offensive coach...... wow.. things , they are a changing..

Dec 23, 2014, 8:53 PM

I do not miss 3 yds and a cloud of dust, but I do miss being able to take the ball in the 4th quarter with a lead and 6 minutes to go and keep the drive alive and not give the ball back.

You mean

Dec 23, 2014, 11:16 PM

like the 8:17 drive to end the Syracuse game?

Dec 23, 2014, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice ]

We would joke sometimes with Danny Ford (see GT game 1990) that it was "up the middle; up the middle; punt, punt, punt."

Dec 24, 2014, 5:10 AM

I believe the correct saying was "Up the middle, up the middle, bad pass, PUNT!".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do what now?

Dec 24, 2014, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott: Excitement surrounding offense might come from a new voice ]

It seems to me that in the past several years, every 3rd-and-short meant Tajh Boyd was going to run with the ball, and the whole stadium knew it, and we basically dared anyone to stop him. He was exceptionally good at picking up 3rd and shorts.

Watch Out For Another Anti This And That Group ----

Dec 23, 2014, 6:11 PM

""Ohhh nooo one university can't be their own culture"" ""It sets a bad example to the incoming recruits and its a slap in the face to the conference you represent....as well as the NCAA!!""
Yatta yatta yatta. When this thing about Clemson gets on the brink of steamrolling everybody to
multiple championships, watch how all the major investigative reporters from ESPN try to stir this stuff into something to try to tear us down. Its almost clock work. You do something good they come
after you to expose you in a negative light.

Re: Watch Out For Another Anti This And That Group ----

Dec 24, 2014, 5:12 AM

I don't mind that group as much as the people that warn us about that group. ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Chad Morris leaving makes us a better team

Dec 24, 2014, 4:38 AM

I'm upbeat about the future of our team as most people are. But it has nothing to do with Chad Morris leaving. That guy is a great coach and we are going to miss him. I think we can be a better team next year with a healthy Watson, but it won't have anything to do with Morris leaving and coaches getting promoted.

A New Grand Strategery

Dec 24, 2014, 10:43 AM

Yes. with this "new blood", "fresh eyes". "someone else calling plays", I look for thrills and chills with the Tiger Offense. No Football Stratigest here, but I have to admit, I think our "O" was becoming a bit predictable. Morris left is a framework for our "O", "the Spread", and we are grateful. But the calls within were getting mundane. I think these guys will put all kinds of twists and turns into it, and great success and much merriment will result for all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,889
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic