Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elliott and Scott discuss promotions, how play calling duties will be handled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Elliott and Scott discuss promotions, how play calling duties will be handled

Dec 12, 2014, 8:27 PM

Elliott and Scott discuss promotions, how play calling duties will be handled

Fifteen years ago, two wide receivers were partners during the stretch portion of practice and the two would talk about their future plans. Little did they know then how that future would unfold. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are so blessed to have these guys at Clemson.***

Dec 12, 2014, 9:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: we are so blessed to have these guys at Clemson.***

Dec 12, 2014, 9:53 PM

Agreed. I am excited to see what we do one the field. Great to have Clemson men running the show.

i will admit that i was a little scared at first

Dec 12, 2014, 9:37 PM

But the more i think about it, the more i realize that this is going to be twice as nice as having 1 single play caller (as long as they work together). Its going to be a helluva season next year. I cant wait til the bowl game to see how it works out.

Re: New Story: Elliott and Scott discuss promotions, how play calling duties will be handled

Dec 12, 2014, 9:39 PM

Great Article, very excited to see how this evolves. Tons of playmakers on the field and an aggressive, fast gameplan.

Beat OK!

Go Tigers!

Put me in the "wait and see" camp

Dec 13, 2014, 2:00 AM

People were excited about Napier taking over the play-calling and that didn't work out so well. I think these guys will be fine, but I'm not going to start doing a happy dance until I see what happens next season.

If Napier had the chance to coach his incoming recruits

Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 AM

(Watkins,Peake and Bryant) he would have succeeded,

Yep I would agree

Dec 13, 2014, 11:36 AM

I never thought Napier was bad coordinator, i went back and watched the Clemson vs Miami game in 09 and I really liked our offense and his playcalling. I think why the offense was so bad in 2010 was because of Kyle Parker not playing well, everyone of our WR 's were awful other than nuk, Andre Ellington was injured half of the season, and we had a inconsistent O line. Chad Morris was obviously a upgrade and had the offense dabo was looking for but I think Napier did alot of good things for Clemson

Re: New Story: Elliott and Scott discuss promotions, how play calling duties will be handled

Dec 13, 2014, 2:37 AM

I really love what we've got going on in Clemson these days. Coach Swinney is building a continuous staff that is willing to give opportunities to move up. We're bringing in Clemson alums, promoting within the system, and paying well. You can really see and feel Coach Swinney's vision for this program, and it's all coming together. This is a Clemson program that is built to see success for a long, long time.
I think the thing I love most about our program now is the mentality. This is a team that brings a focused, business approach to everything. It's not the teams we've seen in the past that depend on emotions to get through. The coaches have a plan in place, and the players have the talent and knowledge to execute it. You've got to feel good about our program these days. We're really fuxking lucky to have Coach Swinney here. Clemson is starting to realize its full potential.

Dec 13, 2014, 7:14 AM

The part where they said they don't even have to call the plays in at times because the players already know the play speaks volumes of the coaches and players. Coach Swinney has built a well oiled machine during his tenure at Clemson.
It's been fun to watch this program grow over the past few years and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Adversity will be the real test of their leadership

Dec 13, 2014, 7:59 AM

How will they respond to failure when the offense isn't clicking which I imagine will happen as soon as Stoudt takes his second snap because we know he isn't throwing it on first down unless it's out to a wide receiver on the screen. How will they respond when Dabo gets in their ear during the game from his head-set? For their sake and for Clemson, I hope Stoudt has a great game because they are being thrown into a situation that will definitely have some negative feedback if things don't go well against Oklahoma. If things do go well in the bowl game with Stoudt, Chad might be the one having to explain some things. The players respond to confidence in leadership. When things aren't going well, they need to have faith in the system and go out and do what they have been coached to do and they have to be continually challenged to do more. They will respond in accordance with their belief and trust in their leaders. This sort of leadership is was something that I believe Chad Morris brought to the program and I hope that Tony and Scott rise up to the challenge and even take it a step further. They will definitely need our support during this bowl game and beyond.

Are they ready?

Dec 13, 2014, 9:16 AM

In the video, they seem very nervous.

I hope these guys can be the Bad cops on the practice/fb fields when they need to.

Almost like being disciplined by Pee wee Herman...or Steve Erkel.

:D

I'm excited and nervous. Tempo? Our tempo,

Dec 13, 2014, 10:57 AM

even with Watson, was drastically slower than years past with Boyd. I hope S/E and staff can get us back to the 90 plus plays a Game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2014, 11:09 AM

I am still a little concerned over the checks and balances in the meeting room. Hopefully this is not Dabo's way of surrounding himself with "yes" men and getting back involved in the offensive meeting room. Chad wasn't afraid to tell Dabo to be quiet when needed. Will these youngsters be willing to do the same? I hope Streeter has the cred to do so as needed. We shall see.

Love the hires if the checks and balances are in place! Good for these guys. They are bright minds and will do well.

Dec 13, 2014, 1:12 PM

I thought only Scott was being groomed to take over as oc when chad left like everyone knew he would to be a hc sooner than later. I think he promoted Elliott so Morris wouldn't steal him away but I wish Jeff Scott was the one calling the plays, bc he studied under Morris from day one and Jeff is one of the best recruiters In the country and I would hate to see him take another job bc Dabo didnt give him enough responsibility. I do not agree with Elliott calling the plays, that's just my opinion. we also need to give Scott a big raise to keep him as long as possible. Mark my words Jeff Scott will be one of the best oc when its all said and done

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic