Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables on recruiting: "Everybody knows the paw"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables on recruiting: "Everybody knows the paw"

Dec 9, 2014, 7:01 AM

Venables on recruiting: "Everybody knows the paw"

Brent Venables has recruited successfully at both Oklahoma and Clemson, and he knows what it takes to get prospects on campus. What was his view of Clemson before he arrived? What makes Clemson special in his eyes, and what kind of power does the paw have? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am glad as #### that Venebles is on our team ! Go Tigers !***

Dec 9, 2014, 7:08 AM

Re: I am glad as #### that Venebles is on our team ! Go Tigers !***

Dec 9, 2014, 7:12 AM

Agreed - excellent Coach but more importantly - OUR
KINDA GUY!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am glad as #### that Venebles is on our team ! Go Tigers !***

Dec 9, 2014, 6:40 PM [ in reply to I am glad as #### that Venebles is on our team ! Go Tigers !*** ]

Agreed - excellent Coach but more importantly - OUR
KINDA GUY!

WELL SAID COACH V!!

Dec 9, 2014, 8:04 AM

He is an absolute perfect coach in every way. He & Dabo complement each others coaching style so well that it makes Clemson a magnet to recruits. They want to be part of a great family with great coaches. Its going to be a sad day for Clemson when we lose one of them. Im Proud to be a Tiger!!

Re: WELL SAID COACH V!!

Dec 9, 2014, 11:50 AM

Yep, he actually sounded like one of us talking about Clemson and what Clemson stands for, and is about. I hope that he is getting really attached to Clemson and the Clemson area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WELL SAID COACH V!!

Dec 9, 2014, 10:30 PM

We want to keep this man. I don't think its hype he is talking. Coach stay with us. Tigers beat Oklahoma For Coach V. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New Story: Venables on recruiting: "Everybody knows the paw"

Dec 9, 2014, 8:18 AM

Well said. A MAN among men!

Go Tigers!

this guy's good.***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:51 AM

Best Defense Coordinator ever for Clemson?

Dec 9, 2014, 9:07 AM

I think I can easily say the BV is the best defense coordinator ever at clemson. He took a defense which was poor at best to a national rank in under 2 years. Wow!

Second to Tom Harper

Dec 9, 2014, 9:13 AM

Who invented "Clemson Defense"..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN can suck on that!***

Dec 9, 2014, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach V

Dec 9, 2014, 9:24 AM

When I first heard about coach V I wasn't very excited. I thought there was no way a D coordinate from the big 12 was gonna be any good. However, after watching is first interview at Clemson I turned around and told my roommate that this guy is gonna be great. Man, I'm glad dabo was able to snag him. Hopefully he can keep him around for awhile too.

Re: Coach V

Dec 9, 2014, 12:48 PM

Well H&ll, a lot of our fans and even some Okla fans were saying we were getting Oklahoma's left over throw a ways. And that Mike Stoops was the master mind behind those Oklahoma defenses that was one of the best in the country when Mike and BV coached the D together. I never believed that for a second because Oklahoma offered to match anything that he would be offered from Clemson to stay. If it had of been Mike Stoops behind the great defenses they Mike and BV had together, they would have been glad to see BV go with Mike Stoops coming back, but that wasn't the case. We/Clemson was surly blessed to get a coach of Brent Venables character and understanding of defense after living with Steels BS and double talk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV is Electric

Dec 9, 2014, 9:25 AM

In his personality and in his passion for the game. Glad he is ours! I fully expect him to get that special HC job at some point, but he has done a great job while at Clemson, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Passion

Dec 9, 2014, 9:40 AM

He knows how to be hard without alienating players. He is so into the game on the sidelines that I expect him to look for pads and helmet at some point. Kids crave discipline, accountability, and demanding leadership if they know you love them. Sounds easy but it is one of the most difficult balances to achieve. Young people are not BS'd easily because they do not yet "get" the phoniness of adulthood in life in terms of all of the fake agendas and self serving BS you see from so many in our society. So many "adults" stand for nothing but themselves. After 20 yrs. in the Marine Corps and a current high school teaching job, I know this first hand. BV is the best coach in any sport that we have had at Clemson in a looooong time IMO. The guy reeks of passion and love for his guys and while there is no pricetag on that, I would throw the checkbook at him. I hope he never leaves.

Testify!***

Dec 9, 2014, 10:38 AM

Wow! Understood!

Dec 10, 2014, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Passion ]

Nice post with much truth, Passion! thanks!

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Dec 9, 2014, 9:52 AM

I think Coach Venables is one of a kind. He instills all the values in his players, as well as.the recruits, of what Clemson is all about. In 2 years, he has taken the Defense and turned it completely around. He has helped put Clemson Football on the map. Number 1.ranked defense in College Football in 2 years time. Not many Coaches that I can think of could even come close to that feat ! He has a great group of recruits coming in over the next 2-3 years to continue building on. Coach Venables is a great asset to Tiger Football and I hope he stays here til he retires! GO TIGERS !!!

Every time I hear or read what this guy says

Dec 9, 2014, 10:52 AM

It makes me want to run through a brick wall! Can you imagine what it must be like to play for BV?!!

Re: Every time I hear or read what this guy says

Dec 9, 2014, 11:06 AM

Just an outstanding man ! I anticipate another top 10 defense next year , even with our losses. BV is emphatic about Clemson and I think his recruits are right in line with his attitude and scrappiness !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 AM

Clemson is so blessed to have BV!! He's great!! And the part about you can't recruit good players if your place is a dump....how in the world does USuck ever recruit anybody??? I've never seen a bigger dump of a campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 11:35 AM

I have always loved his demeanor as a coach. I am happy that he put this in more words than his usual interviews. But "everyone knows the PAW" is the best way to describe Clemson in the landscape of college football!

give BV half of DS's paycheck, now!***

Dec 9, 2014, 12:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Did he say that he always saw us beating FSU

Dec 9, 2014, 8:16 PM

But that perception changed once he got here? Lol had to point that out

I have said it for a while now... BV is the real deal!

Dec 9, 2014, 9:19 PM

If Dabo ever left, BV needs to be the guy to take over. I always found BV's approach to be honest and refreshing. Compare that to Morris.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic