Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
here is what pisses me off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,234

here is what pisses me off

Dec 2, 2014, 5:29 PM

when Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina had the top defenses in the country, all we heard was: "SEC this, and SEC that," or "oh my lord this defense is just SOOOOOOOO good!" but you have hardly heard a peep from ESPN about our defense. Not to mention I think only getting four players on the all ACC defensive team is a slap int he face! especially when FSU got seven!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ You get it ^^^

Dec 2, 2014, 6:29 PM

it is sad and it will not change anytime soon. FSU wins and loses ground to teams that have lost, which means credibility is an issue.

and those criminoles have 7 defenders on first team, what ?? That hot butter of a defense, that was lit up by several opponents including NCSU, whom we shut out!!! Beasley, Jarret, Anthony, Alexander(no int's since he wasnt really tested), and Peters who was a beast against run or pass.

Politics is why my friend. It plays a part everywhere. At places of business, in board rooms, around the coffee pot, the agenda will be met and it will be kept or else heads will roll. We have to deal with it, but pal I like yourself, find it entirely contrived and pathetic to not reward those who truly did earn All ACC honors!

Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I quit watching espn. They may just ruin college football

Dec 2, 2014, 6:32 PM

altogether if they keep it up.

Re: I quit watching espn. They may just ruin college football

Dec 2, 2014, 6:34 PM

It's going downhill real fast...

I will say that even on broadcast, we have some love

Dec 2, 2014, 6:52 PM

coming from the likes of Rece Davis, Mark May, and others. I believe some of that bias is wavering and maybe, possibly, but probably not ESECPN will slowly turn the tide as I see some heavy hitters in the near future from the ACC. Clemson, FSU, Louisville, GT and VT will be ACC programs on the rise while some SEC teams will begin to falter. I do not claim to be a homer for a conference, it seems to be permeating in this new landscape that we should want our fellow ACC members to win every single game they do not play us. I have no problem with that, do any of you ? It can only help the perception that the ACC is bottom feeders which we all know is not true!!

I just want our Tigers to get some love. That D on the field this year was, at times, the best D you will ever see. So quick to the ball its almost unfair, but like with UNC it cost us as we overpursued and did not stay in a lane to corral the receiver! Our bend at times, but hardly ever break, was impressive to say the least. UofL at end of game was a masterpiece, 1st and goal inside 10 and stuffed. Again with BC driving, held firm around the 30 although we did get some help on what was a difficult but possible catch. Shamecocks had shots from inside the 10 and was stuffed and held from scoring. What a beautiful defense to watch, loved every second of it.

Go Tigers!!

I will say that they've shown us so much positive

Dec 7, 2014, 6:18 PM

press(Gameday, live bus and hill coverage) that if we had to buy that we probably couldn't have afforded it. But, as a whole, the bias has flourished for so long that an undefeated FSU is on the playoff bubble...or had been. The SEC's inheritance of value is so severe that I'm not sure anyone knows what 'true north' is anymore. Look at Bama's inheritance and compare it to FSU's(we'll play that game then) over 2 seasons; bama has 3 losses while fsu has none. Additionally, fsu has a tougher schedule(their words, not mine) over the same period, including a win over the no 2 opponent in their nat champ game.

Bottom line is even the simple resolution to all of this Don King circus of simply winning all the games may not be enough. Almost was the case this year, unless I hear it was only to put the teams closer to home. AND, if I am too simple minded to appreciate their "algorithm" then there again they are ruining what has been throughout my life a cherished and sacred source of great entertainment. ESPN is insulting to watch. I quit watching it- I love college football too much.

come on, we didn't play a real

Dec 2, 2014, 6:52 PM

SEC offense.

Oh yea, I forgot about that

Dec 2, 2014, 6:55 PM

point for you tigerbum lol

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,234
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive