Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For everyone asking.... Bowl scenario.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,500

For everyone asking.... Bowl scenario.

Nov 30, 2014, 10:21 AM

IF, FSU happens to lose to GT, they will be picked up as an at large to either the Peach, Cotton or Fiesta leaving us with the Russell Athletic Bowl. If GT loses, FSU goes to the playoffs and depending on GT's ranking, we may go Orange, but doubtful. We will play either Kst, or Oklahoma because either Baylor or TCU will be in the playoffs and the other an at large selection to Cotton or Fiesta and i believe the Alamo gets first pick out of Big 12 with Russell next.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For everyone asking.... Bowl scenario.

Nov 30, 2014, 10:22 AM

I'd be ok with Kst in orlando.

Nov 30, 2014, 10:24 AM

To hell with Kstate or Oklahoma. We're not done beating the brakes off the SEC. Give Clemson a team from the SEC west so they can take a lose as well and let's see how ESPN spins it.

Nov 30, 2014, 10:27 AM

Rematch uga in the belk bowl would be sweet.

No way we fall that far w Duke losing to UNC...

Nov 30, 2014, 10:33 AM

After our loss to GT they were our competition for a bowl outside of the orange and the loss to UNC probably knocks them down to Belk, Sun or Music City. At 3rd in the ACC with FSU likely for the playoffs, the lowest we go is Athletic if we don't get the OB.

I agree.. I'd love to play the SECW

Nov 30, 2014, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: For everyone asking.... Bowl scenario. ]

But only possible way is if GT isn't ranked higher than us after the ACCCG, and i doubt that... Then we'd likely get Miss St, but unlikely considering GT beat us head to head and will have 3 losses like us, and a win over an opponent we lost too.

As for Orlando and the Athletic Bowl, I'll gladly take a win over a storied program like Oklahoma and a really good team in KST. Both would be good wins heading into next season.

Nov 30, 2014, 10:38 AM

Don't think that bowl Scenario is correct. If GT beats FSU and FSU doesn't make the playoffs, then FSU will get the Orange bowl and the rest of the ACC will get the left overs. If FSU beats GT and makes the playoffs, GT will get the Orange Bowl as the number 2 ACC team. The rest of the ACC will get the left overs. The Chic Fil A maybe in the mix as an at large.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 10:40 AM

This time next week we should know anyways.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No because GT will get the Orange Bowl

Nov 30, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: For everyone asking.... Bowl scenario. ]

For winning the ACC, duh. ACC winner is an automatic for the OB unless they are playoff bound. In that case, the OB takes the next highest ranked team.

We are not an at large possibility w 3 losses and an abundance of 1 and 2 loss teams ahead of us. However, FSU would be if they lose to GT and would be a likely pick of the Peach bowl. Therefore, we go to the Athletic bowl as they are the first pick for the ACC outside of the playoffs and OB.

if GT beats FSU they are ACC champs & play in orange***

Nov 30, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: For everyone asking.... Bowl scenario. ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, thats what I said..***

Nov 30, 2014, 10:48 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic