Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I realize Dye is talented and is going to be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I realize Dye is talented and is going to be

Nov 25, 2014, 3:37 PM

An excellent RB for us. He has shown glimpses of why he was a top 150 recruit. But please do not forget, despite Dye putting up big numbers, that Georgia State ranked dead last in the NCAA in rush defense. I know people are excited about his ability, but it is way too early to think he will be our saving grace and determining factor against SC. Don't expect him to rush 30 times for 200 yards (IE: Todd Gurley) against SC. Realistically speaking, Gallman will receive the majority of the carries, as he should, and Dye will sub in for him from time to time with bits of Howard/Davidson sprinkled in.

Next year with Brooks, Gallman, Choice and Dye is going to be very fun to watch (knock on wood).

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I realize Dye is talented and is going to be

Nov 25, 2014, 3:48 PM

I have to respectfully disagree. Regardless of the team we played, use the eye test for Dye vs. Gallman. Gallman, does a lot of dancing and sometimes runs up his blocker's back. He has gotten better as the year has gone on. But, look at Dye. Hasn't played very much at all in the last 2 years and he came in and showed that he will be a stud. He hit holes hard and fast. He used his hand on the back of his blocker, and when a hole opened up he turned it on. He is legit. I think he will get 15-20 carries Saturday. I think Gallman will too.

I think we should run until they stop it. Use some okay action and open up some passing plays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go with the hot hand, if Dye is thrashing/shredding then go

Nov 25, 2014, 3:49 PM

Unlike Bowden I think Dabo will go with the hot hand, if that is Gallman ride him, if it is Dye ride him and mix in some Mike Williams or Artavis Scott that becomes a dukes mixture for time consuming drives!

Whether DeShaun starts, he will provide the best chance at the vertical passing game and he can hand off to one of them young studs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, please not another Reggie Merriweather-esque debacle!

Nov 25, 2014, 4:12 PM

Nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You maybe right...

Nov 25, 2014, 4:02 PM

And I do think Gallman and Dye have shown the most promise so far. I've hampered my expectations of Dye a bit knowing that it was Ga St. I still like his vision though...even our other backs seem to have slightly more trouble finding holes against their D. Also, don't forget about CJ Fuller. He's a little bowling ball with good speed. He may find his way in the line up next season sooner rather than later...

Glad you brought up vision

Nov 25, 2014, 4:11 PM

He sees the whole field when he runs, and I would even argue he does this better than Ellington did while at Clemson.

i'd wait for more than just the GAST game to compare him to

Nov 25, 2014, 4:14 PM

AE...

AE was elite, and he hit the hole better than any back I've ever seen here. His ability to get north/south from one cut was unbelievable.

Dye has the same qualities, as he's a pure RB... but I'm not ready to put him the Ellington yet.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way putting him in Ellington's

Nov 25, 2014, 4:26 PM

Realm of status as a pure RB just yet. But strictly in terms of his field vision when running, he definitely does it the best of any running back we've had in the past 10 years outside of Ellington and Spiller. Vision is something you either have or you don't have as an RB, and it is consistent regardless of the opponent. I agree with you though, the verdict is still out on Dye after putting up good numbers against a lackluster (in polite terms) rush defense, and it is too soon to generalize his ability and label him in the same group as some of our all-time greats at RB.

Re: Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way putting him in Ellington's

Nov 25, 2014, 5:04 PM

James Davis, don't know if you remember him had better vision than Spiller. Spiller was a tremendous talent but Davis had better vision.

Choice will Redshirt More than likely

Nov 25, 2014, 4:20 PM

nm

Put that on FGF and let the coots worry about him!

Nov 25, 2014, 5:09 PM

I'm not worried at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic