Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson

Nov 24, 2014, 12:42 PM

Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris met with the media Monday morning in the WestZone, and he said he understands the passion of the rivalry with South Carolina. What does he say about Tyshon Dye? What does he need to see out of Deshaun Watson this week in practice? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson

Nov 24, 2014, 1:00 PM

Please just call the game right. ... if we are running at will don't stop running it and a few deep balls here and there but stay true to what's working..... Go Tigers beat the dirtpeckers

Nov 24, 2014, 4:20 PM

You're right on there, I agree. Pound them for 3 quarters and them punish them in the 4th. Make them remember this beating for the rest of their life.

Go Tigers!

Nov 25, 2014, 8:36 AM

Agreed, and do it so fast they are gasping and faking injuries. We play much better when we go fast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat the dirtpeckers!***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson ]

Nov 24, 2014, 1:00 PM

Let's turn this around and destroy the coots!!! GO TIGERS!!

Nov 24, 2014, 1:03 PM

No Chad you do not understand it, live in cootlumbia for just one FB season after a Clemson loss, and you will get the full understanding of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 1:31 PM

We are the front line fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson ]

Amen. I grew up in columbia and it really sucked being around them for a year after a loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 8:37 AM

Fortunately, you never had that happen much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2014, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson ]

Chad, here is an idea...just run off to SMU. Take this anemic offense with you. Could you not have waited until after the season? (see classy) Thanks for a couple strong years of O, but this year ya suck! See the play calling for DeShaun's first game back- runs up the middle for a guy that just came off an injury? Who ARE you!?!

Nov 24, 2014, 1:10 PM

i say give Dye the ball and give it to him often, we have got to get back to old school football and pop some people in the mouth, work the #### out of those linemen all week and lets get nasty for a change i want to see some emotion on that field. 3 yards and a cloud of dust is fine with me our Defense has been popping people all year they look like the boys of the 80s Good luck Tigers, Clemson nation is ready for a big W just Win BABY!!!! PS get a little blood on that uniform.

Nov 24, 2014, 1:22 PM

If DF had this offensive line for 2 days this week, I bet we could make a 3rd & one Saturday. We would hit somebody.

Gameplan for Cole Stoudt: run, run. run, punt***

Nov 24, 2014, 1:14 PM

Re: Gameplan for Cole Stoudt: run, run. run, punt***

Nov 24, 2014, 2:24 PM

I love it. Good simple game plan. Protect the ball

Nov 24, 2014, 1:14 PM

The 8 ball needs to be put in on the break. We have been out coached and.out played the last 5 years. This year, all the cards on the table, no trick plays and.no excuses with the conservative play calling. Play smash mouth football from the start. If Cole is the starter, keep Dye and Gallman in the backfield to give him time to throw the ball. They are.going to stack the box when we have the ball no matter who is in there as QB. That should open up the passing to some extent. When passes get completed, that will open up the run game. Jet sweeps and throw to the tight ends. Stoudt can not throw the long ball, so work with what you got. If DW is in there, same scenario, but you have the longer pass capabilities. Biggest thing, some one (one or both RB) has got to stay back and help block and stop the blitz from getting to the QB.

At some point our coaches

Nov 24, 2014, 1:21 PM

must realize that their adjustments and play calling during the game are sub-par and not putting players in the best position. Players sense this and play accordingly. No - turnovers is not the "story" of five losses in a row. Game management is a huge factor, and the ability to adjust to circumstances. Starting out last year's game with "planned trickery" was shown for what it was - poor game management and planning. Putting the ball into the throwing hand of an All-America wide receiver was dumb.

We'll see if the coaches respond this year, or get taken to the woodshed by the OBC.

That's just downright silly

Nov 24, 2014, 1:32 PM

Morris has made us one of the top 10 winningest programs since he got here - all due to his offensive gameplans and adjustments.

To put it simply, when your engine is running on 3 cylinders (Stoudt), then it's hard to get the car (offense) to run right.

There is not a coach alive who could turn chickencrap into a chicken sandwich, there's not a coach alive who calls the exactly correct play all the time (especially in hindsight), and there's not a coach alive who wins every single game.

The crowd who imagines themselves smarter than our coaches..they're a comical lot.

Re: That's just downright silly

Nov 24, 2014, 3:29 PM

Agree!!! There are so called Clemson fans who have become 7 morning Quarterbacks.

Re: That's just downright silly

Nov 24, 2014, 7:11 PM [ in reply to That's just downright silly ]

The talent we had when CM come to Clemson is a huge part of CM's success at Clemson. Like or not, but that's the truth, what has he done lately!!!!!:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

morris hit his ceiling 2 years ago...time to move on***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At some point our coaches

Nov 24, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to At some point our coaches ]

Just curious, are you going to say that if they do that with Deon Cain next year? He has the skills to become an All-American WR as well, yet also has played QB most of his high school career.

I'm quite sure they had been practicing that play for a while (seeing it wasn't the first time they tried doing it...failed both times though). IMO, the issue was the same as the last time they had tried it...in game, Watkins puts too much air on it when truly being pressured...was likely throwing more straight and with more zip in practices. That factor gave too much time for the DB's to adjust.

5 times more turnovers probably has a little to do with it.***

Nov 24, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to At some point our coaches ]

Nov 24, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to At some point our coaches ]

Turnovers were definitely the number one thing that killed us last year. Players have to make smart plays. That is not on the coaches.

Execution has nothing to do with coaching??? Uhhh... OK.***

Nov 24, 2014, 3:17 PM

I knew that they should not let Dabo run the ball or

Nov 24, 2014, 4:13 PM

Morris throw that pass. Should have set them both on the bench.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to At some point our coaches ]

Nah it was turnovers. Anyone could see that.

Nov 24, 2014, 1:25 PM

Please don't give us the same old Morris play calling this week. At least be halfway creative and DON'T stop if something is working. Make THEM adjust before you do. Keep it simple, keep it tough and don't let off the pedal. If they do those things, we shouldn't lose. GO TIGERS!!

Nov 24, 2014, 2:19 PM

I'm hoping that Morris and the coaches have been working in some different looking sets for this game period just to keep them guessing from them. Everyone has been expecting those quick screens [just like last season...but they had to respect Boyd's scrambling and Sammy's speed] and have been playing close. I keep saying to attack the middle of the field with the TE's and quick slants via Scott and Hopper. If you keep SC's defense on the field they will tire off and they aren't that deep...hence why they seem to always let teams back into the game late.

Nov 24, 2014, 1:56 PM

Two paragraphs in,and we get the key to victory:
I's turn overs,like in not one,or two,but three as we saw last week against Ga.Tech.
So how do we solve that problem?
One suggestion might not throwing bubble screens into tight coverage.
Another is not letting your opponent stripe the ball in the last minute of the game.Does FSU ring a bell?
That's all I have for now.

Nov 24, 2014, 2:01 PM

That's it?

So you want your money back?***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:15 PM

Nov 24, 2014, 2:18 PM

And PLEASE, no more trick plays when the offense is driving just fine without them.

Nov 24, 2014, 2:23 PM

I fear that our coaches will use Watson as they did in the UGA game. Allow him to make some brilliant throws and then bench him in favor of Stoudt. Wow - what a poorly coached game that was. Hope that's not the case here.

Nov 24, 2014, 7:15 PM

If we're lucky that's all he'll use Watson. Man Watson is on a bad wheel, and I don't won't to take any risk with him in any game....

Now just go out there and WIN the game! Go Tigers***

Nov 24, 2014, 2:46 PM

two plans

Nov 24, 2014, 3:05 PM

If Watson plays we can win. If Cole plays we loose. I have zero confidence in stout. They keep saying he's hurt. Then why play him? They say he has everything we need to beat the skanks . I mean #####. I disagree. He needs to be healthy. He needs confidence . And he as a immobile QB needs a good O line. Not 2 out of 3, but all those things. We need Watson. Or stick in nick. Let's see what he can do. He looks to me like a gamer.

Nov 24, 2014, 3:07 PM

It is refreshing to see that Coach Morris finally gets that Cole and Deshaun are "two different cakes." So naturally you have to have two different plans. Excited to see the week shake out for Cole or Deshaun to start for us!

#HIGHNOONBABY!

Very disappointed in Cole's 2nd half against GS - good in

Nov 24, 2014, 3:35 PM

first half. He looked terrible in second half and why play him then anyway?

Re: Very disappointed in Cole's 2nd half against GS - good in

Nov 24, 2014, 5:20 PM

I said this in a blog earlier:

They ran the ball a heck of a lot more in the second half than the first and it featured Tyshon Dye. Only time Cole really threw any passes were obvious third and long or manageable (like 3rd and 7 or 8). More of a "getting Dye in shape" and working on blocking schemes. They went really, REALLY vanilla. Can't blame all that on Cole.

Re: Tigers only have to worry about "chicks" secret weapon

Nov 24, 2014, 4:02 PM

That would be Dabo and Chad

Nov 24, 2014, 4:42 PM

If Morris wants to have "fun with it" (the rivalry) then I will take him with me next time we lose in Columbia and walk down those turrets from the upper deck in w. Brice. Not much fun. Sounds like he could care less.

Deer Coach Chad, If last year's inability to score was

Nov 24, 2014, 7:20 PM

due to turnovers, then why was the TO on the oh so clever WR pass you called when we'd marched the ball down the field with runs and QB tosses to their goal line on our first drive 'maybe not a factor' but the special teams muffs were?

Beginning to get a wee bit annoyed sometimes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing is ever Morris' fault....haven't you figured it out?***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:44 PM

Must be your fault, Huffing Billy Goat or Billy COOT***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:50 PM

Coots love Morris, not me... You must be the coot!***

Nov 24, 2014, 11:44 PM

Nov 25, 2014, 8:31 AM

"it was opening drive, so it's hard to tell at this stage if it had an effect."

This is what happened on that drive....

"Boyd came out firing on Clemson's first drive, going 5 for 5 and leading the Tigers to the South Carolina 30. That's when Watkins underthrew Humphries on a half-back pass and Brison Williams moved in for an easy interception.

Shaw led a steady, 17-play march down the field that ended with the senior's lunging, 3-yard TD. The 17 plays marked the longest Gamecocks scoring drive of the year."

Really Chad? We're driving down the field "doing what we do" and you call a trick play that backfires and leads to a 7 point swing...Are you really not sure if it had an effect? C'MON man....

Serious Question....Does CM ever say you know what it was a bad call on my part or take any of the blame?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Chad is never to blame... C'mon get with the program!

Nov 25, 2014, 8:43 AM

*sarcasm*

Kind of like that stupid screen pass...

Nov 25, 2014, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks South Carolina, Tyshon Dye and Deshaun Watson ]

against Tech. There was no need to call that play. Yes, players have to execute, but coaches have to put them in the best position to execute.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic