Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hate Thy Neighbor? Rivalry Week Is Here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Hate Thy Neighbor? Rivalry Week Is Here

Nov 24, 2014, 7:01 AM

Hate Thy Neighbor? Rivalry Week Is Here

It’s here. It’s been out there, in the distance, building day by day and week by week and game by game and now Rivalry Week is finally upon us. It's Hate Thy Neighbor Week as Clemson and South Carolina prepare to do battle. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hate Thy Neighbor? Rivalry Week Is Here

Nov 24, 2014, 7:18 AM

Yep, shut up , show up and show em.
Go Tigers!!!

do some chicken smacking on the field.***

Nov 24, 2014, 12:16 PM

its time to man

Nov 24, 2014, 7:43 AM

Up tigers. I dont care who play quarterback. Its time for some smash mouth football. Its. time to take out all that anger from the past 5 years.. Its time for tigers to set the standard back. Its time for the tigers to shut spurrier up. Its time for the tigers to shut espn up! Its time boys to lace up those cleats run down that hill and punch carolina straight in thier JAW! LETS DO THIS!!

I'm glad Dabo isn't responding to Spurriers antics

Nov 24, 2014, 7:50 AM

Until he can finally look in the cameras and say "Scoreboard," he hasn't earned to the privilege to talk all that trash. Let your play on the field do the talking for you. Take back what you have let get away. Take back our state. It's time....... It's past time

Re: its time to man

Nov 24, 2014, 7:50 AM [ in reply to its time to man ]
images-4.jpeg(48.3 K)

Defense . Period. If Watson plays or he does not , we need to dominate on the defensive side. When Clemson is great and has been great since the National Championship , we have done so by forcing offenses to succumb. There is where the Coots have had the advantage . Yes Spurrier will move the ball , and score. Clemson has to force turnovers , get TFL's and sacks that stop dirtpecker drives.
And hold on to the football , at home with our defense ...just end each drive with a kick and we should beat them handily.
GO TIGERS !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

For a lot of Clemson fans, the energy doesn't "build up"

Nov 24, 2014, 7:51 AM

to a crescendo the week of "the game". Its an ongoing 365 day, all day, every day hatred that moved far beyond simple dislike decades and decades ago. And its a healthy ill-will generated by love of our state.

Like the rest of the United States,I have little regard for usuck---the academics or the athletics, and little to no regard for their mouth-breathing, poorly educated, unnecessarily loud, inebriated fans. That university is a joke perpetrated for centuries on the gullible taxpayers of South Carolina who weren't intellectually astute enough to have seen through the lies of all the usuck educated politicians who, perpetually, ran the states economy and educational system into a low-skill laughingstock. The smoke usuck's football runs through and onto Williams-Brice field is a mirror of how SC politicians--the vast majority "educated" (lol) at usuc--have hidden reality from the populace to save their underperforming academic institution....and, of course, the metaphor can be extended to their football team's historic underperformance on the field

So Mr. Hood, its easy to employ the trite, cliched phrases about the "big game week" finally being here, but make no mistake...dislike of those chickens never abates.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For a lot of Clemson fans, the energy doesn't "build up"

Nov 24, 2014, 9:09 AM

Well said.

Re: For a lot of Clemson fans, the energy doesn't "build up"

Nov 24, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to For a lot of Clemson fans, the energy doesn't "build up" ]

####, you sound like a Sith Lord! I LOVE IT!!!! Go Tigers!

Nov 24, 2014, 8:09 AM

Elliot Fry, the Coot Kicker, tweeted at 4:56 yesterday, "Clemson still sucks."

BOOOOOOOOO!!! BOOOOOOOOO!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Nov 24, 2014, 9:04 AM

No Roman puns

Nov 24, 2014, 10:18 AM

I better not get hit in the mouth by a Coot. But hitting one in the mouth and seeing how they respond sounds good to me!! LOL JK for all you literal's.

Nov 24, 2014, 10:23 AM

Matthew 22:36-40 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and [a]foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Nov 24, 2014, 10:39 AM

Amen!

Nov 24, 2014, 11:08 AM

Clemson trails only Alabama with consecutive wins over teams not ranked in the top 25. Happens to be a streak that has helped eliminate the "Clemsoning" of the past. Of all teams I hope SC doesn't end that for us.

Re: Last 5 years defined

Nov 24, 2014, 1:03 PM

Have been trying for the last 5 years to find a one word answer for the Tigers inability to beat the "chickens". Over the years i have heard "turnovers", i have heard "talent level", i have heard "breaks". In consideration of the last five games, from the coaching staff to the players i finally know the one word answer. "Soft". I believe the coaching to be soft, the play calling to be soft, the blocking to be soft, the tackling to be soft, the attitude to be soft, the conditioning to be soft. This mind set runs from top to bottom. How else do you explain a top 5 to top 10 recruiting class every year but get unacceptable results? How else do you explain a 7 and 14 record against top 25 teams in the last 5 years. When you are trying to beat an elephant with a fly swatter it just doen't work. When you try to use finesse against muscle you'll lose every time. If this team, coaches and players, come out soft on saturday then a loss is guarnteed. It will come down again to being "soft".

Nov 24, 2014, 2:27 PM

Wow, I'm sure glad David didn't believe what you do when he stepped out on the plains before battling Goliath.
Just have a great plan Tigers and work it to perfection or, as closely as possible!! Don't make costly mistakes
and play solid, hardnosed football on both sides of the ball. Play great on all special teams. Who's going to be the leader,
who's going to step it up and find a way to win? Just find a way to get it done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 2:33 PM

I wouldn't try to compare David's leader to the leader of the Tigers. World ( and Heaven ) of difference.

Data says CU fielded better recruits but SCAR out-coached CU

Nov 24, 2014, 3:08 PM

The data indicates that at least from 2010-2013, Clemson has fielded slightly better 2-deep talent based on rankings from the recruiting services (see links), but Spurrier used slightly inferior player-talent to give Clemson 5-straight butt-whuppings (not close defeats) where for the most part, they've physically dominated. So SCAR’s coaching (player development, game-planning, & execution) apparently has been far superior to Clemson's coaching.

2010: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/6/14/2214467/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-south-carolina-2010
20011: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/11/22/2579508/2011-clemson-vs-scar-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis
2012: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/11/21/3666906/south-carolina-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison
2013: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2013/11/27/5147108/2013-clemson-scar-depth-chart-analysis

Those 2-deep analyses started in 2010, but I’d imagine in 2009 (with Spiller, Ford, et al) Clemson also fielded superior recruited-talent.

Hopefully Clemson's player-talent advantage has increased enough to compensate for SCar's coaching-talent advantage.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic