Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Green means go for Watson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 9,451

New Story: Green means go for Watson?

Nov 23, 2014, 7:08 PM

Green means go for Watson?

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told the media during his Sunday night teleconference that quarterback Deshaun Watson will practice with a green jersey Monday. It doesn't mean he will play Saturday against South Carolina, but it is a step in the right direction. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont have a good feeling about saturday..

Nov 23, 2014, 7:18 PM

cole will start

Re: dont have a good feeling about saturday..

Nov 23, 2014, 7:19 PM

"Do not let your hearts be troubled." John 14:1

DW4 will play bank on it

You have fun with that.***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to dont have a good feeling about saturday.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 23, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to dont have a good feeling about saturday.. ]

I think that Dabo set it out there very good b/c, he now has Clemson fans and the coots wondering who will be the starter. And to plan for either is the difference of 12 noon and 12 midnight, good job Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which Juan is Noon?****

Nov 23, 2014, 9:14 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 8:02 PM [ in reply to dont have a good feeling about saturday.. ]

If I were a Clemson Player you would have to rip my arm off to keep me out of this game. If Watson can cut on that knee, he'll play.

Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson?

Nov 23, 2014, 7:21 PM

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 23, 2014, 7:25 PM

Dabo is playing this right by letting cole get the first team reps all week. We all know that Cole is not good and he is not as sharp when not getting reps during the week.

Even if Deshaun is a go mid week. Let cole practice first team. Give em the reps. We know what D Watson can do come game day with or without first team snaps during the week.

Chicken. It's whats for dinner.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM

Very well said! Agree 100%! I PRAY we see #4 all day Saturday! Chicken. It's what's for dinner!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 7:26 PM

I believe Dye is our secret weapon this year. I think he relieves pressure on whoever the qb is. Once again, Clemson is the better team on paper...let's prove it on the field. Positive strong confidence. Go Tigers!

Nov 23, 2014, 7:38 PM

I agree cola town tiger. Dye runs hard down hill feed it to him. Protect the ball. Take what they give us and turn the defense loose! Go Tigers!

After watching Dye yesterday

Nov 23, 2014, 7:41 PM

is there any reasonable explanation why he didn't even see the field against GaTech?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he has been practicing. He even practiced last week.

Nov 23, 2014, 8:07 PM

Maybe you can't read but he hasn't missed much practice in the month of November.

Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

Dye is a beast. I think we are in good shape for the next couple of years with him, Watson and our young receivers.

Assuming they stay healthy, and that is a big assumption.******

Nov 23, 2014, 9:07 PM

I would load the backfield with

Nov 23, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

both Dye and Gallman and give old slurrier something big to worry about. I would steady pound it down their throat. Watch both of them go over 100 yds.

Go big line, win this war! Go Tigers!

Nov 23, 2014, 7:38 PM

How about Martin Jenkins? I'll assume he's out. They've been saying for a month he'd prob be back for this game.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:40 PM

Also Watson hasn't practiced in a while. When he came in against Ga and Fl St he'd been getting major reps in practice.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:59 PM

Note to DABO. We don't need Watson to be able to scramble you dumb stupid #######. It's like Dabo doesn't want Watson to play and doesn't mind getting him hurt. I wondered why we ran him so often against GT. Now I know.

Watch your language Coot! Morris is in charge of offense

Nov 23, 2014, 8:16 PM

And I agree he should have been passing instead of running against GTECH, however Dabo will not allow Morris to play him if he is not 100%! And you being 55% - that is a failing score Son!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch your language Coot! Morris is in charge of offense

Nov 23, 2014, 9:14 PM

The thing is is Morris recruited Watson because he was a dual threat QB, he is here because he can run. If they didnt think he was ready to run they wouldve red shirted him this season & built him up body wise & unleashed him next season. By watching him Morris & Swinney knew that he was ready & its just a string of bad luck for the boy. Kinda like Marcus Lattimore, he got hurt every season he was with SC. That doesnt mean they ran him too much, it just was that the boy had bad luck.

Nov 23, 2014, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

> Note to DABO. We don't need Watson to be able to
> scramble you dumb stupid #######. It's like Dabo
> doesn't want Watson to play and doesn't mind getting
> him hurt. I wondered why we ran him so often against
> GT. Now I know.

I think your right! Dabo hates DW and loves losing! Your an idiot!! You must be a high school kid or a meth addict. If you are going to bash or criticize someone at least have a rational point or argument. You don't make any sense.

Nov 23, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

Surely you have a dizzying intellect.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

Read the story again. Coach said he didn't want Watson to be a sitting duck. If he can't move around, he won't play him. Seems logical to me. Plus, whether he runs a yard or not, the coots will still have to prepare for him to run.

Also, get a grip on your language youngster.

Nov 24, 2014, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

Those "runs" were play action. Watson CHOSE to run because his receivers were eithered covered or he didnt like his reads.

Nov 24, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Green means go for Watson? ]

Morris said that he called pass run options and a few QB runs. Watson ran and didn't pass that's on him. Maybe GT defense had trouble with a running QB.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:58 PM

Our expectations should be low for Saturday's game.

Um no

Nov 23, 2014, 8:01 PM

Unless by that you mean a low score by the coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but Cole is limited in his mobility

Nov 23, 2014, 8:01 PM

Deer in head lights when the pass rush hits.

Re: but Cole is limited in his mobility

Nov 24, 2014, 9:18 AM

very true, Cole is incapabe of avoiding a sack. But, he can take the hard hits, a well placed hard hit to Watson could mean a loss of next season. I want to shut the coots up as bad as anybody, but i would rather there streak extend to 6 than cripple Watson.

i guess what Swinney meant was

Nov 23, 2014, 9:07 PM

If Watson cant be a RB & QB then he will go with Stoudt whom cant do either. He said "he(Watson) cant be standing duck back there" yet thats exactly the way Stoudt is when he's playing. Stoudt is the least mobile QB we have ever had. Actually i cant think of any QB that was/is less mobile than Stoudt.

Cullen Harper?

Nov 23, 2014, 10:32 PM

He was pretty bad at scrambling out of the pocket..he reminds me alot of Cole in that way. If.Cole was just a tad bit mobile he would be better. He actually has decent speed when he's running on a draw or running because the no one is open. But when he gets pressured, well you minus well go ahead and count it as a sack

Re: Cullen Harper?

Nov 24, 2014, 1:04 PM

If cole was just acted bit mobile he'd be better? I hope u don't mean better than Watson lol

He's got to be able to do what we need him to do. He can't be a sitting duck back there,” Swinney said. “He needs to be able to scramble and run.

Yes, because deshaun with 5 broke toes is faster than cole .

Well i guess we KNOW Cole cant give you what you need

Re: i guess what Swinney meant was

Nov 24, 2014, 9:23 AM [ in reply to i guess what Swinney meant was ]

Watson is young, undersized, and injured. He barely escaped a season ending injury. If he is a sitting duck, a well placed hard hit could end his career. That is the difference. Dabo is right, if Watson cant scramble, he doesnt need to be out there. Our O line will offer him little protection, and there is no need to cripple him over a rivalry game, no matter how bad we want them to win.

Re: New Story: Then don't run him in the game

Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 PM

Opinion: Watson plays, Watson throws, Watson hands off to running backs, if Watson gets pressured then Watson simply falls forward to live for another play. Clemson has tall receivers, "caroslima" has munchkin defensive backs, go out 7 to 8 yards and it's jump ball time. Ball control. What's so hard about this?

Re: New Story: Then don't run him in the game

Nov 24, 2014, 9:28 AM

Watson would be very affective in the role of a pocket passer. But if he cant scramble, he will get killed because those Coots will target him like crazy. And we all know our O line cant protect him.

Nov 24, 2014, 9:56 AM

Asking Watson to play a certain way is like asking a Point Guard to only perform lay ups. He's a special talent and that type of player knows how to play one way - all or nothing. We can't coach him to play "easy" and avoid risks with getting an injury. He's either ready to go or needs to sit - one or the other.

If Watson can't go....

Nov 24, 2014, 3:43 PM

well....

it doesn't look good.

Replies: 38
| visibility 9,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic