Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program

Nov 22, 2014, 10:02 PM

Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program

Head coach Dabo Swinney spent the latter part of his postgame press conference Saturday talking about a team in the Southeastern Conference, but instead of South Carolina he addressed the vacancy at Florida. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program

Nov 22, 2014, 10:10 PM

I am actually Facebook friends with Joe Schmo from Idaho ...and he didn't post anything about Dabo or Florida's upcoming vacancy.
I swear , Joe gets that all the time.
Also , he moved to Reno , Nevada like 4 years ago . Get with the facts , Dabo !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program

Nov 22, 2014, 10:24 PM

So Florida could be a special job is what I decipher. To be quite honest not sure that I am confident at this point about winning more than 7-8 games next season with the state of the o line and the losses on D. Apparently we do not reload. I had higher hopes this season but who would have thought the after 3 years that the coaches did see that Stoudt was no better than a 3rd string QB at this level.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Higher hopes?

Nov 23, 2014, 10:43 AM

I predicted a 9-3 regular season. Why would you have higher hopes with what the Tigers lost on offense?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Higher hopes?

Nov 23, 2014, 10:51 AM

Me too.

All the dumpers can read my post history and see I predicted about 9 wins. Anyone paying attention knew this year would be tough.

Add all the injuries and were lucky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 6:49 PM

Good points - I think most fans will be happy with a 9-win regular season, but injuries or not, there are no excuses for losing to the Gamecocks. Their starting QB was a back-up the last time he won @ Death Valley, and for the Gamecocks, it did not matter. We have to take care of business this weekend. Go Tigers!

Nov 23, 2014, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Higher hopes? ]

That's a solid prediction to have made, before the start of the season, and you will be spot on, if we can take care of business this coming weekend. Go Tigers!

This is hilarious....

Nov 22, 2014, 10:52 PM

Dabo will never leave Clemson and no one is talking about him going to Fla. ... Except him.

Wanna know what's really hilarious?

Nov 22, 2014, 10:55 PM

You pretending to be a tiger fan when you're obviously a cocklover. What kind of weirdo does that especially when it's so obvious??

Re: Wanna know what's really hilarious?

Nov 23, 2014, 12:34 AM

Didn't Dabo just sign a 100 year not a chance buy out contract!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is hilarious....

Nov 22, 2014, 11:00 PM [ in reply to This is hilarious.... ]

Actually A LOT of people have Dabo in the top tier for Florida so...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 4:44 AM

Who? I just did a quick google search and didn't find any. Athlon listed 13 possible coaches to go to Florida and none of them were Swinney. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying I haven't heard these rumors anywhere except here.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:56 AM

Amen, Tim. Thanks for actually bringing some facts to this board. Dabo has no chance of being selected the next head coach @ Florida; he is not a candidate, but he and his agent are apparently doing everything in their power to insert themselves into the conversation.

Maybe he is looking for another two years to be added to his ridiculous 8-year contract or perhaps for a more one-sided buy-out clause (I am not sure this is even possible). With that being said, this is a clear leverage play by Dabo and his agent - and anyone who can't see through his act does not understand how contract negotiations work. Dabo makes $3.5 million per year, before incentives have been factored in, and he looking for more. I give Dabo credit for trying to lock down additional contractual concessions before the South Carolina game.

Nov 23, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: This is hilarious.... ]

Because You Are A Dumb A$$ Espn last Saturday night were the first to say Dabo's name even King Curt mentioned Dabo right after the announcment that Will would be let go. IT was
entioned Saturday and alot on Sunday.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: This is hilarious.... ]

NONE of the talking heads have Dabo in the top10 of candidates. Dabo himself is trying to make it appear he's being considered when he's obviously not.

I suppose he could be doing this for recruiting purposes, which is pretty smart.

But I know, you know, every Fla fan and football fans everywhere know Dabo is not a candidate for that job.

Tell 'em coot

Nov 22, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to This is hilarious.... ]

#9 to 6-5 There must be a coaching problem at USCheat, a lot of talent is being wasted.

Re: Tell 'em coot

Nov 22, 2014, 11:46 PM

I thought Coach Swinney did a great job of explaining himself in this situation. He obviously loves Clemson, but he's not going to make promises on this issue that he might have to break someday. He is also right about the rumor mill being a distraction to team preparation, program morale, and recruiting. Well done, Coach!

Nov 23, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to This is hilarious.... ]

Youre on tnet talking about it. Thats whats hilarious!

In other news,

Nov 23, 2014, 12:08 AM

Tony Steward has pretty big arms.

That's pure unadulterated honesty.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:40 AM

I don't think I've ever heard a coach address a question of his future with that sincerity. A fool wouldn't take him at his word.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 2:32 AM

If Swinney leaves Clemson during the first three years of the new 8-year, $27.15M contract which he signed earlier this year, he would owe Clemson $5 million. That amount drops to $3 million in Year 4 and continues to decline in later years.

Dabo has proven that he cannot consistently beat the Gamecocks and the 'Noles so it would be a fool's errand to continue to go down this path and even think that Florida would waste their time talking to this clown. I am so tired of Dabo's sales pitches and spin tactics. It's real simple - stop talking & beat the Gamecocks or go coach somewhere else.

To all of you bandwagon fans and Dabo apologists, what are you going to say if Clemson loses an unprecedented 6th straight time to the Gamecocks? Did you watch the Georgia Tech game? The Gamecocks are much better than Georgia Tech and they rely on an aerial attack. If we do not shut down their passing game and are not able to score, it could get ugly. What are you going to say if Watson does not play and the outcome of the game is more embarassing than the Clemson vs. GT game?

Mediocrity is unacceptable.

Will the real Clemson football fans please stand up?

Simma down thar coot.

Nov 23, 2014, 2:35 AM

Just simma on down and slow yo dumpin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simma down thar coot.

Nov 23, 2014, 3:00 AM

@ClemsonTiger1988: Pump you brakes - I am certainly not a "coot". I am a proud graduate of Clemson University. I was attending Clemson football games @ Death Valley while you were still wearing short pants and begging for more fruit roll-ups and juice boxes.

With that said, I am more than happy to entertain a discussion about the facts, which in Dabo's case, are undeniable. HIs coaching staff has consistently underperformed against tough competition and the Tigers have lost most of the meaningful games (USC & FSU) on the schedule each year. Losing to the Gamecocks is not acceptable and if you think that it is, you are just as much of a fraud as Dabo.

When the real Clemson football fans do actually stand up, we all know that you will be sitting on your ####...

I'm 62 years old.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:50 AM

Only a coot would say that USuCk is better than GT this year. Not even an SEC fan would say something that ridiculous.

Re: I'm 62 years old.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:05 AM

Maybe you slept through the Georgia game, but they took us behind the woodshed in the 2nd half and S. Carolina did not have a problem with their incredible rushing attack. I am worried about a match-up against our arch-enemy without Watson at the helm.

Furthermore, I will not stop complaining about this overpaid coaching staff until they start consistently winning the must-win games on our schedule. Losing to S. Carolina is unacceptable. Losing to them 6 straight times is unheard of and no other Clemson coach would have survived that same run of mediocrity - not even Danny Ford himself. So explain to me why some of the fan base is willing to defend Dabo at all costs? It's a race to the bottom.

I'm standing &

Nov 23, 2014, 10:49 AM

say, go Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: I'm standing &

Nov 23, 2014, 3:55 PM

Because You Are A Dumb A$$ Espn last Saturday night were the first to say Dabo's name even King Curt mentioned Dabo right after the announcment that Will would be let go. IT was
mentioned Saturday and alot on Sunday. Second Dabo is only answering the questions he ask.

/\ /\ Greight point BigDinCtown!

Nov 23, 2014, 6:00 PM

Just like a #### fan to go to name calling.

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

GT would spank the Coots!***

Nov 23, 2014, 3:44 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program ]

Re: GT would spank the Coots!***

Nov 23, 2014, 3:55 AM

Let's see how GT plays against Georgia. If the Dawgs, a team which the Gamecocks beat, light up the Yellow Jackets, like they did to us, then there goes that argument...

However, in a perfect world, GT would beat Georgia and Watson would be healthy enough to play so that we could handle the Gamecocks.

There goes that argument? I don't think so.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:03 AM

You can't say b/c Team A Beat team B and Team B beat Team C, then Team A will beat C. You have to look at the matchups. South Carolina is 112th in the country in rush defense. They can't stop jack squat. There is no way on gods green earth they could come close to stopping that option. Uga's run defense is much better, so if the can do it, doesn't mean South Carolina can! It's all about matchups! GT would run all over them.

Re: There goes that argument? I don't think so.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:47 AM

On paper, based on your logic, we should have been able to hang tough with Georgia Tech, but that certainly was not the case. The game was not even close.

Case in point, who could have predicted, based on looking at both team's overall stats, that Stoudt would only compete 3 of 11 passes while also throwing three INTs, two of which would go back the other way for 6? Who could have predicted that our incredible defense would give up 251 yards on the ground to GT?

With that said, I assume that you slept through the Georgia vs. South Carolina game. How did the Gamecocks possibly handle Georgia's awesome rushing attack, which hung nearly 200 yards on my Tigers in the 4th quarter alone in Athens earlier this year? I will tell you - they threw the ball all over the field, to the tune of 297 yards.

You can't look at total rushing yards - Tech has a weak schedule so they should be running the ball all over most of the ACC and FCS teams that they play.

When looking at rushing statistics, the key measure is yards per attempt. In this category, Georgia is ranked 6th in the nation (6.1 yards p/a) and Georgia Tech is ranked 7th (6 yards p/a). Georgia has played a much tougher schedule than GT, so I know that you are not trying to say that Tech's offense has faced SEC-level defenses, because other than GT's match up against Clemson, we all know that is not the case.

Now, did you actually want to talk football?

Ummm, we lost out starting QB vs GT, our D held them

Nov 23, 2014, 5:17 AM

under their avg. We gave them 2 TDs or otherwise the game is dead even with our offense doing zero.

And USC didn't handle UGA's rushing attack. UGA ran all over them. They had over 200 yds. Gurley had almost 7 ypc and Chubb almost had 9.

South Carolina only threw for 271...that's hardly all over the field.

Your stats are weak and so is your argument lol.

He's a coot troll posing as a Clemson Fan.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:20 AM

Neither logic nor reason will work with this troll.

Re: He's a coot troll posing as a Clemson Fan. - clown

Nov 23, 2014, 5:37 AM

My blood runneth orange and I am a proud Clemson graduate. You have no logic - you simply call everyone who does not agree with you a "coot".

Go play with your grandkids and come back to the board when you actually want to talk football. It's Dabo apologists like yourself who are destroying Clemson nation.

A word to the wise, you should really stop calling loyal Clemson grads, who post opinions about Clemson football on this board which your feeble mind can't grasp, "coots".

Re: Ummm, we lost out starting QB vs GT, our D held them

Nov 10, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Ummm, we lost out starting QB vs GT, our D held them ]

Please try and pay attention. Based on your flawed logic, the Gamecocks should not have had a chance against Georgia.

More importantly, do not use total rushing yards in an argument, it makes you look like you do not really understand football. Yards per attempt is the key metric. Nobody cares about total rushing yards - especially given GT's weak schedule.

Lastly, Georgia will mop the field with Georgia Tech, just like they did against our stout defense in the 4th quarter @ Athens.

Lol when all else fails just throw statistics out the window

Nov 23, 2014, 5:36 AM

when you know you are wrong and just say they will win just b/c lol. Spoken like a true Coot!

And oh yeah, I think I clearly mentioned ypc in my last post, but again, good try!

Re: Lol when all else fails just throw statistics out the window

Nov 23, 2014, 5:46 AM

Proud Clemson grad, one of 5 in my family. Definitely not a Gamecock, can't stand Spurrier and the concept of losing 5 games in a row to the clowns from the Midlands was a concept that I had never contemplated prior to Dabo's disastrous tenure at Clemson.

Please try and pay attention. Your original flawed post was a retort to my comment that the Gamecocks would beat GT. In your subsequent post, you incorrectly pointed to S. Carolina's FBS ranking in rushing yards allowed. You also mentioned that GT had one of the best rushing attacks in the nation, which based on YPA, they do, but it ranks one notch behind Georgia. Based on your flawed logic, Georgia should have mopped the field with S. Carolina. However, they did not. Feel free to enlighten us with how this is possible.

On paper, prior to the Clemson @ GT game, the stats were semi-evenly matched, and backup QB or not, there is no bloody way that our D should have allowed GT to rush for 250+ yards. How did that head to head stat comparison work out? Not so well for my Tigers.

Study up and come back when you want to talk football. I hope for your sake, that you do not bet on college football, but if you do, your bookie probably has you number on speed dial.

Um its very simple. When a team runs the ball 90%

Nov 23, 2014, 5:56 AM

of the time total yds is actually a very big stat, not ypc. Doesn't matter if GT gets 3, 4, or 5 ypc, if they're getting 350+ on the ground for the game, they've got a good shot at winning. Altought that stat really doesn't matter either way b/c South Carolina can't stop the run. All GT does is run. I think most people would also say what cost UGA the game was throwing the ball so much. It cost them 3 drives early in the game when they were running all over So. Car. You don't have to worry about GT abandoning something that would be working so well. So again, my logic isn't flawed, yours is!

Re: Um its very simple. When a team runs the ball 90%

Nov 23, 2014, 7:34 AM

Now you are arguing that Georgia did not run the ball enough against S. Carolina? They ran all over them. There were very few turnovers in the game and the Gamecocks were downright dreadful on third down conversions.

Again, the fact of the matter is that S. Carolina has an awful run defense and Georgia is ranked 6th in the nation in yards per carry, which is the only rushing stat that matters, yet somehow, the lowly Gamecocks were able to beat Georgia. Based on your logic, a team with the best rushing attack should win the game. If that is the case, how did the knuckleheads from the Midlands beat Georgia? It makes no sense. Could it actually be that a number of intangibles go into who actually wins/loses football games.

While GT vs. Georgia looks like a good match-up on paper, Georgia very well might destroy GT (again). GT's schedule is a joke; aside for their game against my Tigers, they have not played another team with a solid defense. With that said, even though GT always plays Clemson tough and we have had some heartbreaking losses to them (@ Death Valley), I hope that they find a way to beat the Dawgs. I pull for them every year when they play Georgia.

And you must not have watched the GT game b/c our D

Nov 23, 2014, 5:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol when all else fails just throw statistics out the window ]

was fantastic. Again, when at team runs the ball 90% of the time, I can live with giving up 200-250. The only reason they got the high end was b/c our offense was so inept our D couldn't get off the field. They were out there for 35 min and only gave up 14 pts. That was more than enough to win. If DW plays GT doesn't even get 200 and we win that game.

Re: And you must not have watched the GT game b/c our D

Nov 23, 2014, 7:55 AM

I watched the game - never said that we would not have won, if Watson was in the game. In fact, I agree with you there 100%.

My whole point is that who the heck knows who would win a match-up of two teams (S.C. vs. GT) that have no chance of playing this season. You can't just look at the stats and make a call either way.

Ask Appalachian State & Ga Southern

Nov 23, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: There goes that argument? I don't think so. ]

about "overall stats". On any given Saturday, anybody can beat anybody.

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: Ask Appalachian State & Ga Southern

Nov 23, 2014, 6:26 PM

Agreed - good point.

I told you he was a coot.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:52 AM [ in reply to There goes that argument? I don't think so. ]

Coot logic, wanting to get rid of the best coach we've had in 30 years. Let him talk and he'll remove all doubt.

Re: I told you he was a coot.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:59 AM

The best coach we have had in 30 years? What are you talking about? Only a fraudulent Clemson fan would publicly support a head coach who has lost 5 years in a row to the Gamecocks. I will take Tommy Bowden any day over Dabo. We can't beat FSU, GT and S. Carolina with Dabo's one-sided contract and two of the highest paid coordinators in the nation.

You are either related to Dabo, an idiot or both. I am definitely leaning towards the latter of the two.

Run along now, clown.

COOT!

Nov 23, 2014, 5:18 AM

COOT

Re: COOT!

Nov 23, 2014, 5:24 AM

Clown

Fool...***

Nov 23, 2014, 6:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fool...***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 AM

Who are you calling a fool, clown?

Yeah his talk is hilarious. The more he talks, the more

Nov 23, 2014, 6:02 AM [ in reply to I told you he was a coot. ]

you see how low his football IQ is, yet he seems to finish each of his posts like he's burned this board even though his arguments have no merit. Makes me chuckle lol.

Re: Yeah his talk is hilarious. The more he talks, the more

Nov 23, 2014, 7:51 AM

I can't wait for you to run and hide when Georgia destroys GT. Based on your logic, that's not possible, but we all know that the outcome is inevitable.

You can't talk football so your only option is to resort to calling folks who disagree with you "coots". You probably work at a casino in Vegas - great usage of that Clemson University degree. Job well done. Run along now.

Re: There goes that argument? I don't think so.

Nov 23, 2014, 6:41 AM [ in reply to There goes that argument? I don't think so. ]

Don't confuse him with facts. All this guy is, is someone that can't take the ribbing from Coot fans because we've lost 5 in a row. Yeah it does suck, but this guy is about my age, nearing 50 and all he is concerned about is getting his feelings hurt and somebody making fun of his favorite football team. Grow up and grow a pair. Good Lord he sounds like a freakin teenager.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: GT would spank the Coots!*** ]

> Let's see how GT plays against Georgia. If the
> Dawgs, a team which the Gamecocks beat, light up the
> Yellow Jackets, like they did to us, then there goes
> that argument...
>
> However, in a perfect world, GT would beat Georgia
> and Watson would be healthy enough to play so that we
> could handle the Gamecocks.

That is what we call coot logic. Team A beat Team B so team A will beat Team C.

Clemson beat Georgia last year, Georgia beat the Coots therefore Clemson beats Sc by that logic.

We can find example after example like the one I just posted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 7:47 AM

Try to pay attention. I do not even know what you are talking about. I want S. Carolina to lose every single game - in epic fashion. The original argument was that S. Carolina could beat Georgia Tech. Just because I can't stand the Gamecocks, does not mean that all logic does out the door. GT is not that good and we would have beat them into submission with Watson.

However, without Watson, Clemson (my team) is pedestrian at best.

Georgia is a #### good team, yet somehow they lost to the Gamecocks. We were destroyed by Georgia and I do not think that GT has a chance against Georgia. Who the heck knows who would win if S. Carolina and GT play? The only way to definitely determine that would be for the two teams to actually play. The odds of that happening are almost zero, so we will never know. My point was simply that stating GT would mop the field with S. Carolina is flawed logic.

Wow - you guys are starting to make me regret hanging my Clemson University diploma on the wall of my office.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:52 AM

> Let's see how GT plays against Georgia. If the
> Dawgs, a team which the Gamecocks beat, light up the
> Yellow Jackets, like they did to us, then there goes
> that argument...
>

I think you need to pay attention to what you write. YOUR statement claimed that if Georgia beats GT than the Coots would beat GT.

your words. Try to keep up.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:57 AM

I stand by that statement, but at the end of the day, stats and speculation aside, the only way to tell who would win if GT and SC were to play is to actually play the game. There is almost zero chance of that game happening this year. I doubt that the Gamecocks will make it to a bowl game and GT should be playing in the Orange or Peach Bowl.

I told you he was a coot.***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:50 AM [ in reply to GT would spank the Coots!*** ]

Re: I told you he was a coot.***

Nov 23, 2014, 5:01 AM

You are a clown and a Dabo apologist. You represent everything that is wrong with Clemson football, which is the relentless pursuit of mediocrity.

Re: I told you he was a coot.***

Nov 23, 2014, 6:18 AM

Are your players going to start a fight again this year. I have the last time Clemson won on dvd and at the end sc players wanted to start a fight. They started the fight ten years ago and your coach talks like a girl.

Clown Co

Nov 23, 2014, 7:42 AM

You are barking up the wrong tree, Bubba.

While I can forgive you for being a Democrat, the ridiculous drivel that you just posted on a Clemson Tigers football board is clownish, at best.

Clearly, a number of you knuckleheads did not attend Clemson University. If you can't tell a Clemson Tiger fan from a Gamecocks fan, then you are hopeless.

Read all of my posts and then come back and write something that has some semblance of sense. Good talk.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program ]

I'm a real Clemson football fan and it's clear you're not the real Esso Club. Just a wanna be _sae.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 6:33 PM

You can stay seated - You are not a real fan if you think losing to the Gamecocks 5 times in a row is acceptable.

The real esso club is a place, so you are correct in pointing out that I am in fact not a place. That's a completion in my book - job well done.

However, I am an SAE from Clemson - proud graduate, one of many in my family, so you fumbled on that comment. You really should not speak of things that you do not understand. Good talk.

2 things

Nov 23, 2014, 8:38 AM

1st off, I don't believe he is a serious candidate at Florida.

2ndly, if he is, or if he was offered...
he wouldn't be very brite to turn it down.

So, if it happens, fine....if it doesn't, fine.
Either way, its all good.

right.

Lose 6 in a row to Scar and they can have him as far as I'm

Nov 23, 2014, 9:55 AM

concerned. I think I said the same thing after last year's debacle # 5.

Re: Lose 6 in a row to Scar and they can have him as far as I'm

Nov 23, 2014, 6:36 PM

Amen - very well said. Go Tigers!

Nov 23, 2014, 10:09 AM

I can find no mention on any website that connects Dabo and UF. Bobby Hartins Sports Talk radio show 910am mentioned it down in Charleston Friday afternoon. His radio show is a.COOT show and a.Co worker told me about it Friday nite. That show stirs up more rumors than a bunch of people.at a social. I don't think Dabo has a chance at a extension if that is what he is trying to get. Record this year and losing.to FSU and the losing string against COOT Univ. will keep any extensions in check til he snaps those streaks on a consistent basis. But we all know strange.things happen. The only Coach earning his check right now is Coach Venables, and the D is the only reason we have not lost more games recently.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:00 PM

mentioned Saturday and alot on Sunday. Second he only answers questions he asked. Third Jeremy Foley said they would not mention any coaches on there list and that they would not contact any AD's until the regular season is over. Of course all the experts are the same ones that made Clowney the number 1 pick.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney refutes Florida rumors, says goal is to make Clemson the model program ]

Great points - Venables is the real deal and his D is nasty. I hope we take care of business this weekend. Go Tigers!

Nov 23, 2014, 1:12 PM

Good lord some of you people are so easy to flip on a coach. If I remember correctly one of dabos first years we went six and seven. The next we played in the acc championship against gt. Now I will say that I'm not happy about this year either. Or the losses to south Carolina. But your a ####### clown if you say hat dabo hasn't been a good coach here. You say you'd take Tommy Bowden any day over dabo? Why cause he beat the coots? I'm sorry....I want championships....have all y'all forgotten dabo brought clemson our first acc title in 20 years?!?! Tommy couldn't do that. Oly reason he stayed so long was cause he beat the coots. With consistantly bad 7 and 6 or 6 and 6 records.

Nov 23, 2014, 6:26 PM

I respectfully disagree.

Beating South Carolina is not optional and one championship in a hapless conference does not make up for 5 straight losses to the evil empire from the Midlands. If Dabo and his incredibly overcompensated coaching staff can somehow find a way to beat the Gamecocks this coming weekend, they should be given a pass until the Spring. However, if we lose an inconceivable 6th straight time, the drums will start beating and changes should be made.

At what point did mediocrity become a badge of courage?

Re: it won't be dabo's decision

Nov 23, 2014, 2:50 PM

Drop number 6 to the chicks and this won't be a hard decision. Being a boot licker to "slurrier" is past being old.

Re: it won't be dabo's decision

Nov 23, 2014, 6:19 PM

Amen - well said.

However, according to many of the Dabo apologists on this board, he can do no wrong. Losing 5 in a row to the Gamecocks was bad enough, but the potential of a 6th straight loss is just comical. But hey, we have an ACC Championship, which was promptly followed by allowing the most points in a BCS bowl game. The wins over LSU and Ohio State were solid, as was the win against Georgia last year, but that's about it.

It is a requirement, for the head coach of the Clemson Tigers to consistently beat the Gamecocks. If Dabo can't get the job done, it's time to pack up and go elsewhere. We can only hope that he takes many of the feeble-minded fans with him.

Nov 23, 2014, 6:36 PM

Go Tigers... take back your house.

Nov 23, 2014, 6:46 PM

You know I've read a lot of negatives today about Dabo... I want to ask each of you if you could have done as well as you seem to think you can. This is a week where our team needs us to support them. All those who say they are Tiger fans must not be... all true Tiger fans will support the Tigers in the bad times and good times.

Sounds like a lot of fair weather fans out there. Go Tigers. Forget all the negatives fans and lets focus on the positive. Must be a lot of fans out there who would really like to see Clemson focusing on something other than the ball game.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic