Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0

Nov 22, 2014, 6:38 PM

Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0

Four first half turnovers helped Clemson score 28 points and the Tigers defeated Georgia St. xx-0 Saturday afternoon in Death Valley on Military Appreciation Day. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0

Nov 22, 2014, 6:44 PM

Yes we won, however we scored zero points in the second half. Is Dabo smoking something or what, yes Cole played a good game really this offense sucks. If we don't play a lot better next weekend we will lose another game. Unbelievable at this team and coaches.

Nov 22, 2014, 7:10 PM

Nah dabo meant to go vanilla in second half. No need to pump it up or run trick plays like ole ball sack. Itll be different next week and after the game youll be smoking something

Nov 22, 2014, 7:19 PM

Really vanilla in the second half, you and Dabo must be smoking together. If we put that offense back on the field next weekend we lose.

Nov 22, 2014, 7:21 PM

Why would he go vanilla on thus game. We should have opened the offense up instead of that bull crap.

Nov 22, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

Terrible...scoreless second half. And if one more person tells me that cole had a good game I am gonna scream. Still had a pic, could not score in second half and most of all provides no spark to motivate his team. Take away every pass behind the line of scrimmage and look at his numbers. Awful!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pick was on a tiped ball

Nov 22, 2014, 8:38 PM

And you just register a week ago. You come here and complain a win. That is cootish

Re: The pick was on a tiped ball

Nov 22, 2014, 8:44 PM

Are you satisfied with the way the team played today?

Re: The pick was on a tiped ball

Nov 22, 2014, 8:46 PM

yep, we won

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

too be honest....

Nov 22, 2014, 6:58 PM

.... thought we needed to score at least twice in 2nd half to prove we were over the GaTech game.... but just glad we didn't play Wake this week.... Hope there are major adjustments to O plan for SCU game.... Otherwise, Spurrier / Ward will dial up the pressure and make CCM and CDS look silly....

Re: too be honest....

Nov 22, 2014, 7:17 PM

don't forget we had two sure touchdowns dropped by our recievers. Stout hit both of them perfect. Also, the replay on William's catch was a terrible call. Lord help us if next week comes down to a replay booth decision....

And the "fumbled" punt was a bad call.

Nov 22, 2014, 8:27 PM

Player was blocked into the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2014, 7:15 PM

Here is the real story of the Season. There are real problems in this program. Problems with the strength program that left so many people injured. Problems with transfers and dismissals of all these wonderful recruits we've been told about. Problems with a system that didn't recognize how poor an actual player our starting quarterback is. Problems with a system that is bankrupt offensively with the loss of ONE player, a freshman. Celebrate the win over a Sun Belt opponent, because I don't think this coaching crew has what it takes to beat Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and South Carolina in the same season. Haven't they proven that? And if they can't do that, then the Clemson program is not a top tier D1 program. This season has shown we are a long way from being able to beat our best opponents. If only we played in the Sun Belt Conference...we would dominate. Dabo has A LOT to answer for, and I say if he can't beat Spurrier next week - with or without the Freshman - it's time for him to go.

Nov 22, 2014, 7:25 PM

> Here is the real story of the Season. There are real
> problems in this program. Problems with the strength
> program that left so many people injured. Problems
> with transfers and dismissals of all these wonderful
> recruits we've been told about. Problems with a
> system that didn't recognize how poor an actual
> player our starting quarterback is. Problems with a
> system that is bankrupt offensively with the loss of
> ONE player, a freshman. Celebrate the win over a Sun
> Belt opponent, because I don't think this coaching
> crew has what it takes to beat Georgia, Georgia Tech,
> Florida State, and South Carolina in the same season.
> Haven't they proven that? And if they can't do that,
> then the Clemson program is not a top tier D1
> program. This season has shown we are a long way from
> being able to beat our best opponents. If only we
> played in the Sun Belt Conference...we would
> dominate. Dabo has A LOT to answer for, and I say if
> he can't beat Spurrier next week - with or without
> the Freshman - it's time for him to go.

Well said. I agree. It's only a matter of time if he keeps losing to sc. They've kicked so many talented players. Same time if they can't act right then they don't need to be on team. I'm just so sick of losing to sc.

Nov 22, 2014, 8:11 PM

Its sad we have bandwagon fans like yall cheering for Clemson. Dabo is a great HC & has done so much for this program. Yall should stop the "Clemson sucks, fire Dabo & Morris! !" posts when they dont do great & the "Oh im the biggest Clemson fan there is" when they are doing good. Pick what you are going to be.

Nov 22, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

some questions for you..
1. how do you know our strength program is the cause of our injuries?
2. Recuits transfer because they see no playing time and in this day of instant gratification are they not willing to work hard or wait their turn?
3. Dismissals - some because they don't go to class, some beause they don't learn the playbook and break rules. some turn into troublemakers because they can't handle not being top dog like in hs. Would you rather have a Jamis/Jimbo combination or a Spurrier?
4.How many programs could absorb the injuries we have had on offense and done any better?
5. How many practicies have you been to to evaluate our players? Or how much coaching have you done?

I spent 4 years as a football manager for Clemson. I saw all of the above. Plus saw a lot of "can't miss" prospects never see the field because they couldn't make the change from high school to college. Oh yea, I also coached football for several years. It is not just the loss of Watson that has hurt us. Several linemen have had career ending injuries that strength training had nothing to do with. How about running back? What if Kelly hadn't been such a jerk?
BTW just who would you hire? Easy to say fire someone. Who do you know that would instantly make it better that we could get to come to Clemson and coach in the ACC?

Waiting for your answers...

Nov 22, 2014, 7:47 PM

Excellent set of questions!

These football players are kids, and they have all of the problems kids experience. I, for one, appreciate how the Clemson program sets the right priorities.

The most disappointing thing this season is seeing Clemson "fans" behave so badly. Our fans used to be knowledgeable and classy, but many now sound and act like those of other schools.

Nov 22, 2014, 8:04 PM

Well I guess if you guys are happy with a season where we lose four games, because if the offense does not wake up we are going the lose next Saturday, than good for you. I have been a tiger fan for over 40 years and I think we should be better that what we are.

Nov 22, 2014, 8:18 PM

Thanks for making up your mind that we lose next week. I tend to believe we will win. Injuries have been the story of this season...period....along with the talent on offense that we lost to the NFL and graduation. It was never the same high octane offense to begin with, then the injury bug hit. Everyone on the planet knew that it was going to be a rebuilding year offensively. That's not the coaches' fault. Getting rid of Chad Kelly for being a spoiled little D-bag DID NOT hurt our season. Did you see him in the spring game? I think they have done a hell of a job patching together an O-line, and we're lucky to be 8-3. We could have won 70-0 today and some of you would still be whining.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

Wrong. Fans want results, and it's no different at Clemson than any other place. Many of us have decades invested in this school and this football program. I do, and I remember fans being disgruntled and voicing their opinions during the Ford era. We have that right! No one is booing the player. They are expressing their disapproval of the program that annually collapses...fans are human, you should realize. They were human in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s..... Why must we be expected to moderate our passion? Isn't this a game of passion and excellence? Isn't it?!? At times, I see more passion in the stands than in the O-line on the field. Passion AND excellence is what fans appreciate. I am sick of people saying we should look the other way when it's obvious there are problems that the coaching staff gloss over. It's like listening to Obama talk about how great the economy is.

Nov 22, 2014, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

to bad they don't hand trophies out to the college with the most wholesome team. I don't like drama either but #### if I won't put up with it for a NC!

Nov 22, 2014, 8:24 PM

So you think keeping Chad Kelly and a couple other idiots who do dumb stuff would win us a NC? That's hilarious. This season has simply been plagued by injuries...from the very beginning. We are lucky to be 8-3.

Nov 23, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

Having players like Kelly would ruin the team. Most of the players are doing the right things - going to class, practicing well, and following the rules. If the coaches let a few players run out of control, and they would lose the entire team. I remember when Tommy West was the coach, and I hated to pick up the newspaper because we some kind of drama with a player. We make fun of Georgia and South Carolina, but it can happen at Clemson too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2014, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

You need to realize that Dabo has done way more for this program since Danny Ford & Frank Howard! If you factor in the graduation rate & grades these kids are making now then he has done more than Ford & Howard. You need to get your head out you a~~ & be a true fan! The coaches cant do a lot when players get hurt on the field. Morris has made some bad calls but still is a decent OC. Dabo has had a few games that he hasnt won because he has been out coached by a coach that has 30 yrs more experience. The fact that we are ranked & SCAR isnt should be enough to make you rethink your comment. Fans like you give Clemson a bad name.

Nov 22, 2014, 8:08 PM

Say that after Saturday

Nov 22, 2014, 8:43 PM

This program is one of the best in the country because of Coach Dabo! Sure he has made mistakes, but the best is yet to come. Just because you read some articles on a web site and watch a few football games, and talk about it with your co-workers doesn't put you in any know all status! Thank God you idiots don't hold any position to control who coaches a pee-wee football program much less one of the best in the country! Go Tigers, Go Dabo, let's go whip some Gamecock butt!

Nov 22, 2014, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

Sorry about the idiot comment. That was uncalled for. Just hate to see so many people ripping the coaches all the time. They have their ducks in a row. At some point the players have to do there jobs too.

Nov 22, 2014, 9:07 PM

Agreed. Go Tigers! Beat Carolina!!!

Beautifully said. Bravo!***

Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

Re: Beautifully said. Bravo!***

Nov 22, 2014, 8:32 PM

Easy. This is a friendly debate. No need to call anyone an idiot. I love these tigers and am just frustrated. I think all our coaches are great and always have. But the facts are our program should be better equipped to handle injuries. Even our second string should have been able to score in the second half today.

Nov 22, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

Ford maybe. Howard? NEVER! Frank Howard built this program to be able to be what it 83 today and you are crazy if you think Dabo has done more for this University than Frank. Dabo has been good for us but no one will ever be able to do what Frank Howard did for our school.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

I don't know how long you have been watching Clemson Football but to make a statement like that is absolutely crazy about Dabo doing more for Clemson than Danny Ford and Frank Howard. Frank Howard built it and Danny filled it and Danny put Clemson on the Map in this State and Don't ever forget it!!! I like Dabo and i think he runs this Program with the morals and respect that we as Clemson alumni and fans want!! and i couldn't be prouder of where our program is but you got to remember who built these buildings like vickery hall and some of the ideas that Danny had like an all athelectic dorm that got shot down by the board and countless other things. In my eyes and what i know Danny Fords players loved him like there own Daddy and if you look back at those years he coached nobody and i mean nobody pushed us around and nobody were tougher than Dannys boys, we beat some of the best coaches in all of football,just look at the bowl wins we had in those days, we were among the elite in the nation and nobody wanted to put us on the schedule. Please Don't compare Danny, Frank, and Dabo Because Dabo develops players in the class rooms and Frank and Danny devolped them on the football field and back then thats the way it was. Ask Tom Osbourn, Barry Switzer, joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden, Johnny Majors, Vince Dooley, they all knew when we stepped on the grid iron there boys were going to be sore the next day. i have every game on tape from 1977 till 2014 and i know Clemson Football as good as anybody cause i love it

And hire who?

Nov 22, 2014, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

unless you can tell me that don't mention firing anyone.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Nov 23, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

SacMan is wise beyond his years. He has put this staff and program in the proper perspective and it is what O have been saying! I don't ever fault or boo players but this coaching staff should be ashamed of the decisions it hasade this year and the things they have said. Even Tammy could beat SC and he was a horrible coach. Dabo to Florida.... Lose Saturday to Spurrier AGAIN and they can have him and Morris!

Nov 23, 2014, 9:21 AM

"I" have been saying!!

Bowden coached against Holtz for most of his time at Clemson***

Nov 23, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Turnovers and defense lift Tigers past Georgia St. 28-0 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Train Wreck

Nov 22, 2014, 11:44 PM

I honestly can't understand how Chad Morris can expect to keep his job. You're telling me that if our original backup (Watson) gets hurt, our offense suffers for 6 weeks? Really? How much of this was just the players? Tajh and Sammy were pretty awesome. Was that the system or the players? I think we're finding out right now. Morris needs to drastically fix stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lafayette, Arkansas State, South Alabama, App State

Nov 23, 2014, 1:55 AM

Just some of the offenses that put up a lot more yards against Georgia State than we did.

Re: Lafayette, Arkansas State, South Alabama, App State

Nov 23, 2014, 2:08 AM

Good for them.
Everyone needs to chill. Coaches and players can tell us all day long that they didn't look past Georgia State, but
they'd be lying. Those schools you named are basically on the same level
as Georgia State, so it's very unlikely they looked past them when they played. Should Clemson have scored
more points? Probably. Am I happy with the way they played? Not completely. But if we scored more
points/ gained more yards, all anybody would be saying is "big whoop, should've done that" so why are people freaking out that we only scored 28 points? What was to gain if we scored more? Clemson didn't care about this game. Their heads are already
in SC.

Pigskin Prophet

Nov 23, 2014, 7:17 AM

I fear the Pigskin Prophet had a turnover and I missed it. Did he/she quit?

A Win is a win, right....

Nov 23, 2014, 8:34 AM

:)

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic