Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A word to those of you who are not alumni of this university
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 127
| visibility 1

Nov 20, 2014, 9:17 AM

and yet insist on running your mouths about Dabo, Chad, Cole, and whatever else fits into your litany of foolish, muddleheaded bull****. It is of course your right to be here. But it's also your responsibility as adults to know when it would be useful for you to keep your mouths closed. Cole is a student of the university. Those of us who were also students at this university know what that means. We're family. We don't boo each other. We don't spend time on message boards b****ing about how somebody or other needs to be fired. If you did this crap at work, somebody would punch you in the mouth, rightly. If you are an alumnus and you're involved in this nonsense, just stop it. If you aren't an alumnus of this university, your blood doesn't run orange, you've got no business singing the alma mater at games, and you should just do the responsible thing and stop talking now. Thank you. That is all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:21 AM

and ONLY an alumni has the right to sing the alma mater and b!tch about the team and the coaches?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

off topic here but been meaing to ask you

Nov 20, 2014, 9:24 AM

How can I become a double-naught spy too ?

I have an interest

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right here

Nov 20, 2014, 9:30 AM

https://www.facebook.com/...Double-Naught-Spy.../118188121601550

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan.... ]

No, actually noone can. As students we learned all the verses of Kumbayah. We all sit around, hold hands and sing instead of fussing

Re: So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan.... ]

One person cannot be an "alumni" of Clemson unless they had a frog in their pocket that went to class with them - oh and technically, you don't have to graduate to be an "alumni" either (with the frog still in the pocket of course).
Probably didn't even go to college if you use the plural form to refer to oneself or a single individual.
My pet peeve - alumnus, alumnae are the singular forms referring to male and female respectively.
Get it right, makes you look...well, you know...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's

Nov 20, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan.... ]

alma mater. You'd know that if you were a graduate of a university with an alma mater. I'm perfectly confident you are capable of being a fan. But I'm tired of listening to people on this board rip the football team, the coaches, individual players. You've got no actual stake in this other than whatever money you lay down to go to a sporting event. As I said, yes, you certainly have the right to say what you want to say on a message board. Just show some actual responsibility and know when enough is enough.

You are such a whiny juan

Nov 20, 2014, 9:59 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

You need to define alumnus/alumna.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's ]

You may be surprised by Clemson's definition.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I've sang Clemson's alma mater before, in the

Nov 20, 2014, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's ]

student section in Death Valley and DID NOT ATTEND CLEMSON UNIVERSITY

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

If you attended Clemson, you would have known that it's SUNG***

Nov 20, 2014, 6:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm surprised you didn't burst into flames on the spot***

Nov 21, 2014, 7:01 AM [ in reply to I've sang Clemson's alma mater before, in the ]

Re: Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's

Nov 20, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's ]

vlastimil: and just who the heck do you think you are sport? If you don't like what you read here , get the he....off! I don't need any education from a jerk like you as to how or how not to conduct myself. And don't be threatening me or anyone else! Get it?

Re: Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's

Nov 20, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Yes, only an alumnus has the right to sing a university's ]

Bottom line,I have never and would never bash our players. I have been an IPTAY member since 1977. I have been at the Howard level and a Clemson Fund doner for several years. I have a brick near the hill. I have contributed to the West Zone.

The vast majority of Clemson Alum do not give back to Clemson,financially. You only have to have attended Clemson for one semester to be classified as an Alum,as for as joining the Clemson Alumni Association. I graduated from college,but unfortunately,not from Clemson. I am classified,as a friend of the University. I am a member of the Lexinton County Clemson Club. I love Clemson and always will. So to anyone who says I don't have a right to express myself about Clemson,because I am not an Alum,I say,in many ways, being classified as a FRIEND of the university carries more weight to me.

the funny thing is. . most of the bad behavior

Nov 20, 2014, 10:26 AM [ in reply to So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan.... ]

Comes from the students.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm late to this party and let me say he's full of..........

Nov 20, 2014, 7:02 PM [ in reply to So you're saying ONLY an alumni can be a REAL fan.... ]

scheisse!

I don't know his background. But I think me attending 419 consecutive games home/away and long time donor to IPTAY and The Clemson Fund qualify me as a fan.

I know people who didn't attend Clemson that are more of a fan than some those who did.

We all bleed orange and he made a stupid post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said

Nov 20, 2014, 7:10 PM

And d@mn, 419 Clemson games...must be nice. Wish I could say the same.

I call BS on this juan***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:25 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I call BS on this juan***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:33 AM

Of course you do...I wonder why?

you gonna link tour last football post?***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:03 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

which scok pointed this?

Nov 20, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I call BS on this juan*** ]

i'm Stumped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I bet whoever they were, they had to get up by

Nov 20, 2014, 10:17 AM

8:28 this morning to be on their gane

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: A word to those of you who are not alumni of this university

Nov 20, 2014, 9:25 AM

You are a d bag. F your opinion

Nov 20, 2014, 9:27 AM
image.jpg(81.5 K)

LOL I'm an alum and this should be good...

Re: A word to those of you who are not alumni of this university***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:29 AM

You do realize that the majority of the 85,000 fans in DV on

a given Saturday are NOT alumni right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, including the entire student section.

Nov 20, 2014, 9:33 AM

They haven't graduated yet, so technically they aren't alums.

SEE CORRECTION BELOW.

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

Re: Yep, including the entire student section.

Nov 20, 2014, 9:39 AM

For a JD you're not very bright. Maybe learn the definition of alumni or alumnus or alumnae. I bet you know what an ambulance is though.

LOL...good one. You're right.

Nov 20, 2014, 9:43 AM

For the record, you are an alum if you were a student at Clemson.

I assure you my work has nothing to do with Ambulances, but thanks for the dig.

:-) Touche.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Yep, including the entire student section. ]

nm

I doubt a majority are not alums

Nov 20, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to You do realize that the majority of the 85,000 fans in DV on ]

But I agree there are many, many loyal fans in attendance at DV each week who did not attend Clemson.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid knows no boundaries on whether you're an alumni or not

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As far as I'm concerned.....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:34 AM

if you are a diehard Tiger fan who bleeds orange, you're part of the family regardless of where or if you attended school.

I bleed Red

Nov 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

But you do too. Why you gotta be prejudice toward those that are NORMAL?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother

Nov 20, 2014, 6:58 PM [ in reply to As far as I'm concerned..... ]

Im not an alumni, really wish I was but I bleed orange and love everything about Clemson. When I make trips up there, I am truly happy. Just something in those d@mn hills

I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I

Nov 20, 2014, 9:37 AM

was in Miami in 1981 for our National Championship.

Started going to games when I was 3 with my dad and now take my sons to the valley every year.

I've put a LOT of moneyinto Clemson and their athletics.

And guess what..
You can KMA!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Welcome to the family brother***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:43 AM

null

Just think of how many days you've spent in Clemson.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I ]

If you were on campus for 7 football games (not counting any other sports) over a 30 year span you would have been on campus for at least 210 days. You can be an alum for attending one class for one semester.

As an alum, I see this type of loyalty as a must for the existence of Clemson, and I tip my hat to you. Hopefully I can show this type of loyalty over the years.

GO TIGERS!

Re: I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I

Nov 20, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I ]

I'm very similar to you my friend. Not to mention a 35 year IPTAY faithful. KMA is right. This guy is a bafoon.

Re: I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I

Nov 20, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I ]

I agree with you 100 percent

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS ^^^^^^

Nov 21, 2014, 6:14 AM [ in reply to I'm a lifelong Clemson fan who did not attend Clemson. I ]

I was raised in it.....
I love Clemson, well, because it is what I am....not just because "someone" attended school there....

My thoughts and feelings on the Tigers are A LOT deeper than attending school for a couple of years.

I have no other reason....wouldn't this make NON-Alums the "true fans"....no other reason to love/cheer on the Tigers than it being in their BLOOD for as long as they can remember/their ENTIRE life? NOT because of an "acceptance" letter...or someone being able to pay to attend?

Maybe one day I will attend Clemson as a student...it has been a dream of mine....but now, my dreams have shifted to more important issues.....that of ensuring the absolute best life for my kids.

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 20, 2014, 9:41 AM

Wow! I didn't attend Clemson (wish I could have), but sent a son there who graduated and we all love Clemson. We have been IPTAY level donors for many years; I do sing the Alma Mater (& always wonder if I should, now you have tarnished that for me.) l posted this earlier this week & got blasted at least once, but I stand beside it:
Players should never have to hear booing....Not because they are doing their best, not because they have given years of their lives to the sport and the university, not because they are seniors, not because they are playing while hurt, not because they are just kids. Players should never have to hear booing because these players are Clemson Tigers and Clemson fans are should never boo their players.

O.k. Then you have a stake in this. You've got some sweat

Nov 20, 2014, 9:56 AM

and blood mixed into things. My post was mainly for the folks who seem to be under the illusion that their buying season tickets gives them some level of investment that the rest of us should take seriously, or respect. This is a university with a football team attached. Not the other way around.

"some level of investment"? Are you even proofreading the

Nov 20, 2014, 9:59 AM

garbage that you are spewing? You become less credible with each post if that is even possible.

I'm sorry. You're perhaps quoting selectively because you're

Nov 20, 2014, 10:12 AM

drunk off your **** at 10 in the morning? Try reading the entire sentence. Maybe try moving your lips, if that helps.

Re: I'm sorry. You're perhaps quoting selectively because you're

Nov 20, 2014, 10:18 AM

Oh I read it and nope not drunk yet but working on it why BC I can I have the money and the time to enjoy my life as I please, money I worked for not given by parents so sir I think it's time for another bloody Mary , would you care for one?

Nov 20, 2014, 9:44 AM

First, I would like to say that I support your comments on Cole and the coaches and the fact that while you disagree with a decision or performance we support one another as Tiger fans,...but...I do not agree with your assertion that no one outside an alumnus has a right to speak their voice. I say this as a second generation Tiger graduate and someone that grew up in Clemson. I went to Daniel High School and had several friends that grew up with me whose parents were employees of the University like my father was and have been sitting in that stadium watching games like I have since the early 70s. We all went to high school with the coaches kids and had several friends that went on to play a sport at Clemson. When I was a child, Clemson had a sponsorship program and players had adopted families in town they used to go have dinner with in order to better integrate with the community. Many had better opportunities than Clemson for school to include places like USC and Harvard. Many simply could not get into Clemson and we're forced to go to another school like SC. That in no way changes the way they feel about a place that they have every right to say any d*mn thing they want. Certainly more than someone who has only invested 4-6 years of their life. When people bad mouth yours and my school keep in mind they are bad mouthing someone else's home. Clemson is not just a school, it is a community. Your piece of Clemson is all about perspective, my friend. There is a lot more to that University than just the school.

I need to come clean right now-

Nov 20, 2014, 9:46 AM

I dont care who you are or where you went to school or if you graduated.

I just want to win the last 3 games. I dont care what time they start, what the weather is, who plays, who doesnt, where the bowl game is

I just want to win these last 3 games

Nov 20, 2014, 9:48 AM

Very well said , but I have one thing to say , I am NOT an Alum But have been a Clemson Fan / Supporter since 1958 & I do feel I can have an opinion , MY Blood Does Run Orange. Go Tigers

O.k. As I said to someone above, you actually do have some

Nov 20, 2014, 10:00 AM

sweat equity built into this, and I respect what you have to say. The people that are driving me nuts here are the folks like one of the other posters above who is saying "I don't care what university anyone graduated from. I just want to win the last 3 games." That just isn't healthy. To my mind, for instance, booing ANY player on the football team is as bad as booing your kid while he's walking across the stage at graduation. You may really not like your kid by that point, but family is family.

Alumni Here

Nov 20, 2014, 9:51 AM

Silly Post is VERY silly. Not a single attack on Cole's individual. Only on his playing skills which are very poor to put it best.

Overall, this thread gets my disapproval, shame on you.

1/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Dabo is a Bammer though. I can boo him right?***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:53 AM

:-) Only if YOU"RE an alumnus (or working towards

Nov 20, 2014, 10:04 AM

being an alumnus, or working to put somebody else through Clemson). Otherwise, you may be a Bammer, too. Or, God forbid, a Reformed Gamecock.

Puts a smiley on his post.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:05 AM

As if that makes anything you say better somehow.

TIGER BALLS.

Smiley faces make everything better.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:14 AM

Mints on pillows also apparently make up for crappy room service.

^^^^^knows a lot about room service, works for Super 8***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:22 AM

Re: :-) Only if YOU"RE an alumnus (or working towards

Nov 20, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to :-) Only if YOU"RE an alumnus (or working towards ]

You sir are and the soul reason why I would put someone in the hospital on a bed, just BC you are alum of Clemson you think you have a right to prance around and tell people what to think what they should and shouldn't do at games. Really. No I do not no the players but what I choose to do with my money and time is my choice and would love to see you even make an attempt to stop it

Don't mess with this guy.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:15 AM

He is super cereal.

Can we be friends IRL. (Don't hurt me.)

TIGER BALLS.

Re: :-) Only if YOU"RE an alumnus (or working towards

Nov 20, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to :-) Only if YOU"RE an alumnus (or working towards ]

"Or working to put somebody else through Clemson". So, that's me. I'm a Citadel grad, although my allegiance lies more toward Clemson than El Cid (I transferred in and wasn't in the Corp). I grew up in Powdersville and attended 3-4 games a year with my dad when I was a kid. We were dirt poor, so we never really got to attend the big games - mainly the Furmans and and Woffords. It didn't matter to us - we just loved the atmosphere and cheering on "our" Tigers. He died when I was a teenager, and I missed a few years, but started dating my now fiance' shortly thereafter. She's a Clemson grad, as is her whole family - I've been around them for two decades now, so I'm practically one of them. Her dad is a HUGE booster and pretty well known in the Clemson camp, and for the past 7-8 years, my fiance' and I have been season ticket holders as well now. I live in Charleston now, but we make it home for almost all the home games and several away games a year, and try to align our schedules so that we can get upstate on Thursday night so that we can spend Fridays getting lunch and walking around Clemson. Our home is practically a museum of all things Clemson, and I proudly carry a paw on the rear windshield of my vehicle(s) - I have for years. We're a member of our local Clemson club, are active in our community and give to many Clemson related causes - time, money and blood. I'd say I'm well more active, in regards to supporting Clemson, and since we do purchase season tickets (as well as state taxes), our money does help to "put somebody else through Clemson".

Then again, I'm not an "alumni" like you are, so I guess my opinions and voice don't count.

I'll be honest - as one of the "outsiders", I LOATHE posts like these.

After our Poem Battle...

Nov 20, 2014, 11:09 AM

You are one of my favorites...

Plus I am an alumni and NOT an a-hole. Just because you didn't go to my school, doesn't mean you have any less right to cheer for your team.

I say, CHEER AWAY!

IGNORE THIS THREAD.

TIGER BALLS.

I have paid taxes in the state of SC, therefore

Nov 20, 2014, 12:00 PM [ in reply to :-) Only if YOU"RE an alumnus (or working towards ]

some of my hard earned money is going toward the education of someone at Clemson.

So I can boo, right?

Yes, and I've paid taxes that support ongoing wars

Nov 20, 2014, 12:51 PM

and military actions, but I don't offer salutes to military officers, and don't expect them to salute me. Fans need to understand the point I was trying to make: folks who are alumni (or in fairness, folks who are paying to make someone else, or themselves, an alumnus) are folks who care about the university and see it and the people connected to it as family. They aren't, as one poster is above, people whose attitude is, "I don't care about anything else except winning the next 3 games." That's just a crap attitude to have. Maybe that makes someone a fan, but it sure doesn't make them family.

So I do not care about the university because I did not

Nov 20, 2014, 1:07 PM

attend Clemson?

Nov 20, 2014, 9:54 AM

LOL at this DA post!

Nov 20, 2014, 10:10 AM

You're argument is completely inaccurate and idiotic. Just because you're a Clemson Alumnus doesn't give you a right to speak about the team either. You're so full of crap its ridiculous! Stop whining because no one cares.

Re: A word to those of you who are not alumni of this university***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:13 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

We have a winner

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read on TigerNet. So you spent 4 or 5 years at CU and a whole lot of someone else's money and that gives you some right that others do not have? You are a whiney little boy and I am sorry that you didn't learn how to be a man while you were at CU. This post brings dishonor to Clemson and the entire alumni. I would hate to hear how superior you think you are to the young men of your generation that went to war while you were in college. Shame on you for feeling this way! Double shame on you for putting your feelings in writing!!

Your slip of paper does not make your opinion any more

valid than those of us with a slip of paper from somewhere else. IPTAY is glad to take money from everyone equally so get off your feel good trip and go on about your business !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, elitist

Nov 20, 2014, 10:22 AM

The guy that boos the most that I know has two degrees from Clemson.

DAPOTD!

Having numerous degrees doesn't mean you can't do

Nov 20, 2014, 4:26 PM

dumb things like booing players.

Re: Having numerous degrees doesn't mean you can't do

Nov 20, 2014, 5:02 PM

It certainly does not. I was just pointing to the fact that the person that I know that boos the most, has multiple degrees. He calls himself a Clemson fan, but goes to one or two ballgames a year and is negative the whole entire time. According to OP logic, that is fine. It is not!

SEE, this is what I'm talkiing about!

Nov 20, 2014, 10:26 AM

We should be on each other's butts instead of Cole's!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds Ghey.***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:27 AM

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Sounds Ghey.***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:34 AM

That's more like it.

easy as juan, too, free***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:38 AM

TIGER BALLS.

Re: easy as juan, too, free***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:49 AM

Ed Zachary

But what about the women?

Nov 20, 2014, 10:31 AM

May alumnae sing in your world?

You might want to check into the Clemson definition of alumni too.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That's fair. I wasn't actually anticipating the discussion

Nov 20, 2014, 12:58 PM

getting high-brow enough to worry about feminine/masculine endings.

Re: That's fair. I wasn't actually anticipating the discussion

Nov 20, 2014, 1:29 PM

Sir you might have meant well, but you failed miserably, the second you started thinking you were better than others and telling people what to do! There is only one God and your ain't him. Sometimes its best to just apologize and move on. Oh I think it's time for another bloody Mary keeping me warm

Maybe all the non alum should stop their donations

Nov 20, 2014, 10:33 AM

Let you guys pick up the slack since you're only worthy. Let's see where that goes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you married? Do you tell you in-laws to sit down and

Nov 20, 2014, 10:33 AM

shut up? You say we're family and then alienate a large part of the same fan base you claim to be part of because they didn't go to school there. I'm sorry my dad's job moved us to NC from Simpsonville when I was in 3rd grade and out of state tuition was too much to afford. I'm sorry I got a degree from Appalachian State but feel a stronger connection to Clemson because most of my family went to school there and I was BORN a Tiger. I'm glad you feel so proud of yourself because somebody should.

What about those NON ALUMNI that

Nov 20, 2014, 10:38 AM

pay for their child to attend Clemson and thousands more to IPTAY. Do they have a say so? You're fly is open jackwagon.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:40 AM

As a Clemson Alum (one of 3 in my family) and a family full of Clemson die-hards, I only have this to say:

Nov 20, 2014, 10:53 AM

How about all us non alumni folks who went to small colleges but paid for our kid to become a Clemson grad and also a law school grad at another U.

This is bored suicide. You're a certified idiot.***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:05 AM

Screw Calford.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:13 AM

Can I be a fan if I was accepted but chose to go to a different school because full ride?

I can send my acceptance letter and university-funded academic scholarship award letter if it would help expedite the validation process.

I attended Clemson for 3 years but did not graduate from

Nov 20, 2014, 11:15 AM

Clemson.

I wonder how he feels about me.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Same but without the funding

Nov 20, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: A word to those of you who are not alumni of this university ]

That out of state tuition tho.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:20 AM

If you said that to my face I would slap the stupid out of you. I'm a Citadel alumnus, and my blood does run orange, bltch. I sing the alma mater all the time at Clemson games, and Georgia State will be my 5th game I've been to this year. Usuc will be my 6th, and I've been to over 100 games in my life. I chose to go to the Citadel, but I'm the biggest Clemson fan I know. Keep short-stackin you short minded fool. MY BLOOD RUNS ORANGE YOU PIECE OF ####! How dare you!

Nov 20, 2014, 11:37 AM

gr8 b8 m8. 8/10 if troll. moran/10 if serious.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:56 AM

This is the worst post I have seen on T-Net in a while. Clemson football, and even university operations, don't work at the level they currently work without all of us, alum and non-alum fan, being as passionate as we all are about Clemson. Clemson is special not only because of the students and alumni, but also because of the community that surrounds and supports Clemson. I know a lot of people who have given a lot to Clemson, yet never stepped foot onto campus as a student. I think it is stupid to try to create some kind of divide between these people and people who had the good fortune to be able to afford, and meet the academic requirements, to attend Clemson.

Nov 20, 2014, 12:23 PM

Ok, sir. How about this. I would have loved to have gone to CU, however, I chose to go to Charleston
Southern and will be graduating this May. I chose to go there for a few reasons. The major one is that
CU did not have the major that I am pursuing. I will graduate with a degree in Youth Ministry. I could
not do that at CU. It also closer to home by three hours.

I haven't been to a bunch of Clemson games, I don't give to IPTAY (I'm a poor college kid), and I am not
a student/alum. So, according to you, the heartbreaking losses, the painful 5 in a row, and watching
every Clemson game but not being a student or alum doesn't make me part of all of you? I certainly feel
like I am. Well, until now. I give all of the support that I can. I would never and have never booed a
coach or player. Actually, I love our coaches. Or should I say your coaches? I keep up with recruiting.
I get excited when kids pick CU. I didn't realize that there would be separation. Is it really something
that boils down to people who have paid enough money to have a valid opinion?

Sorry I got into a better school and 'rents made me go

Nov 20, 2014, 12:35 PM

bro

Not all of us were fortunate enough to get declined from our "reach" schools...

You act like those of us that had to go through 5 years of hell at other institutions are happy for that. I'd much rather have gone to Clemson and raged my ### off for 5 years chasin tail. But no...I had to go sit in classrooms where half the population didn't speak English.

Take that #### somewhere else bro

^^and my ENTIRE family went to Clemson but me

Nov 20, 2014, 12:36 PM

so politely, ####

I don't share this person's view. But I will say that

Nov 20, 2014, 12:40 PM

if I saw someone booing our players at a game - I would think that person likely did NOT graduate from Clemson. I can't really say why I think that.

I have no problem with bashing coaches on message boards - that's kinda what they're here for. I wish folks wouldn't bash the players - but players need to have enough sense NOT to read about themselves on message boards, anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair enough. And I realize my initial grouping was harsh.

Nov 20, 2014, 12:55 PM

There are people who aren't necessarily connected directly by diploma who are part of the Clemson family, but folks who are buying tickets to games aren't family--they're consumers. Unless all Clemson is is a product, and I don't think it is, then I mostly don't give a rat's behind what someone thinks who's only in it to see how much life they can suck out of a football team.

Re: Fair enough. And I realize my initial grouping was harsh.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:01 PM

I started to ask if you could adopt some of us low lifes, however, I'm sure you would treat us like a red headed step child and make us sleep in the car.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^***

Nov 20, 2014, 1:54 PM

Re: Fair enough. And I realize my initial grouping was harsh.

Nov 20, 2014, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Fair enough. And I realize my initial grouping was harsh. ]

> There are people who aren't necessarily connected
> directly by diploma who are part of the Clemson
> family, but folks who are buying tickets to games
> aren't family--they're consumers. Unless all Clemson
> is is a product, and I don't think it is, then I
> mostly don't give a rat's behind what someone thinks
> who's only in it to see how much life they can suck
> out of a football team.

Life they can suck out?

As an alumnus from a family who has spent a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and dollars to make a lot of seats for people who enjoy an FBS-style football game at a tiny university located in the middle of nowhere, am I qualified to speak my mind, your highness?

My contribution to the school doesn't mean squat. I am grateful for what CU gave me.

My family's work (along with that of a LOT of other alumni) in the 1970's, that work that got upper decks, WEZ, etc. etc., wouldn't have come to any fruition if it weren't for the support of roughly 60-70K others you see at games today who never cracked a book in a classroom at Clemson.

If it weren't for fans, you'd be watching Clemson play North Greenville as a conference game in a high-school stadium, no matter how many pieces of paper we acquired or how many grand ideas we had.

You certainly wouldn't have anything to lord on about here.

I hope you get a plate of reality with side of humility on your next trip through Harcombe.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:00 PM

I have a few words for you! You can kiss my non Alum ###!

Nov 20, 2014, 4:07 PM

Get your head out of your A$$. As long as thousands of dollars come out of my pocket into IPTAY, I'll ##### when I want to.

Message was edited by: Jlanderson85®

Message was edited by: Jlanderson85®

You do want us to continue to spend money to support Clemson

Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 PM

correct?

I'm just checking.

Also, #### you.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

super cereal question

Nov 20, 2014, 5:32 PM

How about if you work for Clemson but didn't attend Clemson? I need to make sure of the laws regarding proper behavior and or singing before attending another game. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

p.s. Can I boo Zombie Nation and throat punch the guy who keeps playing it?

Lol that's funny

Nov 20, 2014, 6:59 PM

Point

Nov 20, 2014, 5:37 PM

What a clown.

Nov 20, 2014, 6:40 PM

I like the way you think. So true.

Nov 20, 2014, 7:53 PM

Only time I cared about the alumnus vs common man battle was during conference realignment mayhem. As an alumnus I would rather Clemson be associated with the ACC rather than some of the other suitors such as the SEC.

I didnt appreciate the common man saying we should leave the ACC. Yes, I'm sure there were some alumni who want to bolt for other pastures and that is their right.

Now back to my drinking.

Nov 20, 2014, 7:54 PM

Your an idiot

Nov 20, 2014, 7:57 PM

Meant for the idiot who posted the original post here. Who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else what's what. Close your mouth or someone might close it for you

Nov 20, 2014, 7:57 PM

Only time I cared about the alumnus vs common man battle was during conference realignment mayhem. As an alumnus I would rather Clemson be associated with the ACC rather than some of the other suitors such as the SEC.

I didnt appreciate the common man saying we should leave the ACC. Yes, I'm sure there were some alumni who want to bolt for other pastures and that is their right.

Now back to my drinking.

Nov 20, 2014, 8:31 PM

I'm a 3rd generation alum on one side a 2nd on the other with multiple others and even a few Clemson professors in my close family... I don't personally see anything wrong with folks without a Clemson education being Tiger sports fans... That said, I have often heard the older alums in my family point out that there's an element to the football fan base that doesn't represent the university well and that it's a shame that we have to share the same logo with those folks. I've even been told that the worst thing that ever happened to Clemson University was winning a national championship in football. The logic being that up until then you could just go to the games and enjoy supporting your school without having to worry about the expectations and complaints of the football fans who didn't care about the image and significance of being an alum... Contrary to someone who's pride in the school is based on their education ahead of a few wins or losses on a football field. As a broad generalization, I do think there's a certain standard of behavior expected by the more mature alum where Clemson is concerned. While this is kind of behavior is certainly not necessarily exclusive to the alum, not living up to it should be a clear tell that someone probably is not an alum.

My daughter attended

Nov 20, 2014, 9:06 PM

Clemson 2006-12 (leaving with a Masters). She came here for a good education (she did and has a good job), not because of football. I am a long time Florida fan (cousin played 1969-71), but also became a Clemson fan (2005-present) when my daughter was accepted. I helped pay for some of here education, so I think that gives me the right to both praise and fuss about the FB team (w/o getting personal or vile).

Saddest argument ever***

Nov 20, 2014, 8:58 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs-down to you sir. You are no populist!

Nov 20, 2014, 9:14 PM

American soldiers spilled their blood for our rights to freedom of speech. I will decide how I wish to use them. And I will choose my own discourse and express my own opinions on Coach Swinney, Cole Stoudt and our program. I wish them the very best, and accept they are subject to criticism on the public stage.

So are you? Some kind of alumni sergeant-of-arms? Some kind of T-Net bully? As far as getting punched in the mouth, I'm 53 and getting a little too old to fight, but I have never backed away due to cowardice. Or threatened to punch someone in the mouth.

You're Welcome,
Class of '84
M.B. Socy Howell

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 9:15 PM

Lol this fool is stupid

Nov 20, 2014, 10:01 PM

Let me tell you something you little dips#@t
,Im not an alumni but Ive sunk an a$$ load of money into Iptay over the last ten years so you can shut your mouth. When you grow out of your training panties maybe you will see how things really work. Dips#@t

What you just said was one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read

Nov 21, 2014, 7:10 AM

Every member of this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How very narrow minded of you.

Nov 21, 2014, 7:50 AM

Class of '83/84

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Your message is accurate to any Clemson "FAN", alumni or not

Nov 21, 2014, 8:01 AM

"..insist on running your mouths about Dabo, Chad, Cole, and whatever else fits into your litany of foolish, muddleheaded bull****. It is of course your right to be here. But it's also your responsibility as adults to know when it would be useful for you to keep your mouths closed. Cole is a student of the university. Those of us who were also students at this university know what that means. We're family. We don't boo each other. We don't spend time on message boards b****ing about how somebody or other needs to be fired. If you did this crap at work, somebody would punch you in the mouth, rightly. If you are an alumnus and you're involved in this nonsense, just stop it. If you aren't an alumnus of this university, your blood doesn't run orange, you've got no business singing the alma mater at games, and you should just do the responsible thing and stop talking now. Thank you. That is all."

Way too many know-it-alls here, who have no problems with anonymously trashing any and everything about Clemson, when in reality they don't really understand a darn thing about the game or the realistic history of our football program. This site allows way too much freedom to the minority ignorant loudmouths, and it's an embarrassment to true FANS and knowledgeable Clemson football people.

In that case, unless you played football at CU

Nov 21, 2014, 8:07 AM

you have no right to comment on Tiger football.

I am not an alum, however, I have been coming to DV

Nov 21, 2014, 10:47 AM

for 35 years. My son graduated from Clemson ('14), my uncle (Baseball '52) and cousin ('82)cheered at Clemson. My youngest child is an elite track athlete and is being recruited by Clemson and other major D1 programs so you can go "know" yourself in the Biblical sense.

Go Tigers.

sociopathic or sociopathetic******

Nov 21, 2014, 4:56 PM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Hey pal

Nov 21, 2014, 9:14 PM

1) I was not fortunate enough to attend Clemson University
2) I have and will continue to sing the CU alma mater and I would LOVE for you to try and stop me
3) My blood does in fact run orange
4) I love Clemson and will cheer on my Tigers whenever I #### well please

And if you don't like it, you can pound sand.

Nov 21, 2014, 9:15 PM

This is beyond a negative post! I did not attend Clemson, but I love the school more than most and been a fan since 1980. Through all of that I have NEVER booed a player and I never will. Unfortunately, I needed another major which Clemson did not have at the time. You are no better than the morons that boo our fine players!

Sorry you feel that way and I am so glad I am not around negativity such as you! I hope you mature a little more than you have and I will say a prayer for you! Take care and God bless from a sorry, non family Clemson fan??

Nov 22, 2014, 1:01 AM

Dang, a Clemson Alumnus with a Clemson degree free loading on T-Net and advising the donating T-Netters of their rights on what they should or shouldn't say. I'm sorry to say I'm not a Clemson grad, but if I were, I would be embarrassed of having someone like you attempting to quote the rights of non alumni Clemson Tiger fans. But please allow me the right to fill you in. I've been coming into Death Valley cheering on my Tigers LONG BEFORE there was an upper deck ang have watched Frank Howard walking the side lines leading our Tigers into battle. It is true that I never earned a college degree from a world class institution that I'm very proud to know and say that Clemson University has become. I wasn't smart enough, nor did I have the money to attend a school as Clemson. I don't blast our players, and have never boooed a player that has our Iconic trade mark Tiger Paw on their helmet. But good or bad I'm definitely offended by your statements. I do have enough money in my pocket that I can rub two nickles together. And I'm smart enough to say Boooooo to you, and that you have pisssed me off enough to tell you to KISS my A$S!!! And that your Clemson degree regardless its level will never give you the right to tell me Jack chit about what to say, or what not to say. Suck it A$S hole!!! And at least donate to T-Net, it looks bad for you coming on here talking chit to non Clemson grads as a free loading Prick....

Shut the hell up

Nov 22, 2014, 1:55 AM

No one cares what you think or your opinions. This is coming from alumni!

Such elegant prose from a German-Czech chess master.***

Nov 22, 2014, 2:08 AM

Please let me in to your club....

Nov 22, 2014, 4:41 AM

couldn't afford to go, but chose to go into the US navy as a computer programmer.

Let me in to your club... Please>>>

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Should I tell one of my best friends who has donated $$$$$$$$$$$$ to Clemson
over the last 40 years that he's not welcomed anymore? He's not a grad...

I'll let him know how everyone fEEEEEls... And give him the 411 on tnet.

DO YOU REALLY THINK HE CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY?!?!?

Get over yourself.... How the heck do you think things get done at CU? With alums money?

It's not with YOUR money... I can assure you of that.

Message was edited by: TheRock®

Replies: 127
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic