Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Cole Stoudt runs down the hill...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

When Cole Stoudt runs down the hill...

Nov 19, 2014, 8:17 AM

Listen, I'm as frustrated with our offense as anyone. I'm tired of watching Cole as our QB. I'm tired of watching our offense struggle so much and hoping our D can hold the other team just enough for us to squeak by. I'm tired of not knowing if Schuessler is the better option because the coaches won't play him. I'm just tired of it all!!!

But...

We need to get over our selfish little attitudes for the next 2 weeks and just be there to support Cole and this team.

Put yourselves in Cole's shoes for this week. Think of yourself on the bus, rounding Death Valley, and wondering what's going to happen when you run down the hill BY YOURSELF as a SENIOR! Are you going to get booed? Will there be any cheers or will it be kind of like a golf clap? Or will there be a genuine celebration for someone who just gave 4 years of their life to this University?

Cole may be one of the worst QB's to ever suit up for us, or not, it's an opinion we all have. But one thing is for sure; that guy got up at 4 and 5 am every morning during the offseason just like everyone else on the team to go through the grueling, exhausting, strenuous, and demanding workouts needed to prepare them for every season. He spent countess hours in the film room, meeting rooms, and training rooms just like the rest of them.

It's not his fault we are in the position we are in. It's just not! He's doing the best he can do right now. We don't have to like it, but we need to accept it and move on. We can blame the coaches all day long for not having a proper backup in place. That's fair! They get paid millions to do this, but the kids are just in college. This is just a snapshot of their entire lives.

I say we give Cole the loudest roar the Valley has ever heard!!! If he thinks he may get booed when he's getting ready to run down the hill, then shame on us for allowing such a scene to enter his mind. But imagine how uplifting it would be to his soul and his spirit to have a deafening roar on his Senior day! It could help him play on a different level for just one or maybe two more games.

It's not hard. I'm in!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Cole Stoudt runs down the hill...

Nov 19, 2014, 8:28 AM

Perfectly said. Nobody deserves to be booed, nobody. He has given the past 4 years of his life to this University and like Swinney has said, he has handled it with class. I do hope he gets the loudest ovation any senior has gotten, because each and every one of them deserves it.

Go Tigers!

Nov 19, 2014, 9:17 AM

AMEN !

Nov 19, 2014, 8:28 AM

I couldn't agree more....
I get frustrated too.... More so with coaching decisions and offensive scheme,, not at players.

We are better than that or at lest I hope we are...

If we boo a player,, we are no better than the SEC trash I listen to when I travel the state of Alabama or other thug schools like Georgia...

I want to win too,, but not bad enough for us to crawl in the gutter with the SEC slime....

Nov 19, 2014, 8:34 AM

Thank You , Very well put. I'm in also. Go Tigers

Well said***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:38 AM

Nov 19, 2014, 8:39 AM

I want to start by saying that I agree with everything that you have said, no individual player should be booed. I would also like to point out the irony in everyone being perfectly happy with Cole as a back-up QB. The best I can tell, we are all very proud of him and all of the work that he has put in as a player. We just wished that he wouldn't play or was better when he did. We don't dislike him as a person, we just don't like him as our QB. Does that sound about right?

Nov 19, 2014, 8:50 AM

> I want to start by saying that I agree with
> everything that you have said, no individual player
> should be booed. I would also like to point out the
> irony in everyone being perfectly happy with Cole as
> a back-up QB.
The best I can tell, we are all very
> proud of him and all of the work that he has put in
> as a player. We just wished that he wouldn't play or
> was better when he did. We don't dislike him as a
> person, we just don't like him as our QB. Does that
> sound about right?

I don't think everyone is perfectly happy with him as our back up QB. I think it's just the opposite. My point is he is a QB on our team. The Coaches recruited him. The Coaches think he's the best option we have. So when they say "Cole, you're up", then he's going to play. It's not like he's going to say "nah, I'm no good. Try the next guy". So if anyone wants to place blame on the situation we are in, then it needs to be directed at the Coaches, not Cole. That's all.

Nov 19, 2014, 8:52 AM

I may should have been more clear. I meant to say happy with him being a non-playing, back-up QB.

Nov 19, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: When Cole Stoudt runs down the hill... ]

Hooray for you!!!!! Well said and perfectly true! A thousand thumbs up!

peep this. . don't confuse tigernet with tiger nation

Nov 19, 2014, 8:44 AM

People whine and complain here. . But 70k fans show up every Saturday to cheer on thier school.

They will not boo Stoudt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: peep this. . don't confuse tigernet with tiger nation

Nov 20, 2014, 8:47 AM

I'm in. The loudest whiners on here will boo but they will be sitting on their couch passing gifs back and forth and taking online polls.

Re: peep this. . don't confuse tigernet with tiger nation

Nov 20, 2014, 8:48 AM

Stop whining, no one wants to hear it.

thats what she said (last sentence)***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:45 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: thats what she said (last sentence)***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:51 AM

NICE!

Nov 19, 2014, 8:52 AM

Amen, Dr_Cat.

Nov 19, 2014, 10:53 AM

I sure hope there is NOT ONE BOO!! none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nada!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With you, brother..........***

Nov 19, 2014, 10:58 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm ALL IN with this!*****

Nov 20, 2014, 7:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: I'm ALL IN with this!*****

Nov 20, 2014, 8:34 AM

Ill cheer because I know this worthless qb won't be able to hurt us anymore by playing.

They're all running down together as a TEAM. Cheer

Nov 20, 2014, 8:49 AM

for the Tigers because if you boo one of them you are booing all of them.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:36 AM

Best post I have read in a long long time. Thanks for posting it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 11:42 AM

great post. When I was a football manager we signed several "can't miss QB's" who never saw the playing field. Conversely we signed some who no one gave a chance but who became starters. Could name them but I won't. They all worked hard. They all tried. Some got hurt. Some never could catch up with the game. Those of you who have never been to practice, I can assure you there is a real reason why some were 3rd and 4th string at start of season. Consider the way Cole has been jerked around. The critical comments, knowing when he lost his starting job that the only way he would get it back is injury. How many of you would have just said who cares and quit? Yes he has had a rough year. Yes he's hurt. But he is a Clemson man and should be praised as such.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:43 AM

"HALL OF FAME POST"" Thank you for that great, sensible, decent, common sense post!! These don't come often enough on here lately!!

Nov 20, 2014, 11:51 AM

I have not been on this Board nearly as long as many of you, but I just want to say that this is by far the BEST POST I have ever read on T-Net, and it definately needed to be said. I just wish I had thought of doing it first.

I hope ALL of the non-senior players

Nov 20, 2014, 12:35 PM

gather around Cole and run down the hill with him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 1:49 PM

What would be great if at first no one clapped, and then someone had the balls to do a solo clap and then 70k Tigers slowly joined in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given Clemson's widely recognized classy fanbase

Nov 20, 2014, 2:34 PM

I'm going to predict 95-99% will be on their feet cheering their hearts out for all he (and the rest of the seniors) have given to this team & school. The other 1-5% are idiots and will be drowned out. GO TIGERS!

we need to act like clemson tiger fans not coot fans.***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:07 PM

Nov 20, 2014, 6:23 PM

Cole is not the only problem with this offense----it goes a little further than Cole;we've got 2
games left,let's get behind these kids,because if the tiger fans don't give a #### why should the team care, then we go back back to the tommy bowden issues all over again--is that what ya'll
want?

GO Tigers!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic