Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 130
| visibility 251

New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 12:04 PM

Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt

Head coach Dabo Swinney spent the early part of his Tuesday morning press conference discussing Georgia St., Military Appreciation Day and Senior Day, but when he was asked about Clemson fans booing senior quarterback Cole Stoudt his passion went into overdrive. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 12:08 PM

Entirely agree - hate to see our fans boo a player, coach or the team. That simply reflects poorly on Clemson as a whole.

Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:51 PM

I'd rather people show up and voice their displeasure.

Nov 18, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

The alternative for people who aren't happy is often to stay home.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

These people don't give a #### about "Clemson as a whole." I would wager that the majority of the harshest critics have no connection to the school--and Clemson IS as school first and foremost--other than through the football team. They measure their own self-worth by how many football games a bunch of kids win. "Get a life" is right.

nobody better ever do anything like that!!!!***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:09 PM

Borncoot was probably the person who asked that question

Nov 18, 2014, 12:11 PM

It's exactly his style to try to create a negative story. I'll never understand why he is even allowed to attend Clemson press conferences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab

Nov 18, 2014, 12:12 PM

o

Yeah....thats going to work....Sorry cannot agree with that

Nov 18, 2014, 12:42 PM

nm

Re: Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab

Nov 18, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab ]

Yeah, right. DA

Nov 18, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab ]

I bet this time last year this person was one that was cheering Dabo and the team. If you're not for them "All In" then don't say you pull for Clemson. If you're a SC fan then stay connected to them and do your coaches thing.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab ]

lmao!! that's funny

Nov 18, 2014, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab ]

Please just go somewhere . Anywhere but Clemson. Idiot

Nov 18, 2014, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Everyone needs to come together and make sure we all boo Dab ]

What do you want to accomplish with that?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating Wake, NC State, BC, and Duke is something to be proud of***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:15 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I see what ya did there....I think***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:16 PM

Re: Beating Wake, NC State, BC, and Duke is something to be proud of***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Beating Wake, NC State, BC, and Duke is something to be proud of*** ]

I must have missed that Duke game. Was it on a Wednesday night?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson beat them back in 2012.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:17 PM

Doubt we could beat them in 2014. I was recapping the past 40 victories of this senior class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU, UGA, Auburn....Ohio State...***

Nov 18, 2014, 1:55 PM

since 2008...FSU(2-5), GT(3-5), USuC(1-5).***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:07 PM

nm

Re: FSU, GT, USuC.***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:24 PM

Good grief he show's you who thay beat and you come back with that??

I think they beat GT the last 2 yrs???? Try again

Those victories still make dumpers see red.***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to LSU, UGA, Auburn....Ohio State...*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booing Is Part...

Nov 18, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Beating Wake, NC State, BC, and Duke is something to be proud of*** ]

Of the game. If you're getting boo's pull up your big boy pants and play better . That's what separates the great players from the average player...they respond to a challenge.

Stoudt wasn't up to the challenge or pressure . After 3 int's,two for pic sixes what are fans supposed to do...cheer that he wasn't allowed to toss another int ?

Re: Booing Is Part...

Nov 18, 2014, 1:06 PM

You are full of shitzu, chump.
You boo a pro who's getting paid not a
college kid but I guess you're too dumb to realize that.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:21 PM

I'm proud that our players are student athletes and not athlete students. There's more to life than football. Our coach is smart enough to know that. You can't buy tradition or class.
Loser "fans" boo players and leave the games early whether we are winning or losing.
I cherish every moment I'm at DV. I love Clemson.
I also remember the lean years.
Yea, get a life.

Go Tigers and beat the ###### g #####!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you boo and are standing near me you will get more

Nov 18, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Booing Is Part... ]

A boo in your ear chump!

Nov 18, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Booing Is Part... ]

I sincerely hope you never find anyone stupid enough to breed with you. That's somebody's child out there. Please evolve.

Booing has no place ever period!***

Nov 18, 2014, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Booing Is Part... ]

Nov 18, 2014, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Booing Is Part... ]

Anyone who boos their own player or team is a loser and an idiot. We don't need you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.***

Re: You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.***

Nov 18, 2014, 1:06 PM

Instead of attending the game and booing Stout, they should stay home and boo the TV

Nov 18, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.*** ]

Think it's a possibility that people were booing the play calling? I for one, was certainly booing like hell from section 227 of that steel pile of dump of a stadium.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 18, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.*** ]

I absolutely Agree ! People who boo our own players or coaches should just stay home ! That is embarrassing and makes a difficult situation much worse. No one is making mistakes on purpose.
Let's all pull together and support our guys like the Clemson family I know and love.

Well, throwing two pick 6's will earn you that booing

Nov 18, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.*** ]

going 3-11 for 19 yards will earn you that booing. These may be college kids but they're getting paid $40-45,000 per year for playing football in the form of an athletic scholarship that covers all their tuition, room and board, three meals a day, and all the books and book store products you could want.

I will be booing Dabo and Chad, its not Coles fault they

Nov 18, 2014, 4:51 PM [ in reply to You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.*** ]

still play him

Nov 18, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to You have to be a real low-life to boo your own players.*** ]

That's your opinion. There are things a player can do that absolutely deserve a boo. Granted, Cole has the ability of a high school JV QB. Booing HIM won't happen! Booing Dabo for being so blind to the fact that he thinks Cole is worthy to be a college starting QB. Especially after Cole have up on his team against Ga Tech. They were lucky to win in spite of Cole Stoudt. The only thing I can figure is Cliff Stoudt donated a mint! Every college football analyst said Schussler's athletic ability is head and shoulders above Cole Stoudt! Furthermore, anyone that thinks Stoudt gives Clemson the best chance to win is delusional! Especially Dabo! I love Dabo, but his ability to manage a college QB is as poor as I have seen. Tahj Boyd being yanked during one of his "head in own ####" moments may have helped him get his head straight & compete against FSU, and USuCk. He would get that "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes & EVERY Clemson fan knew we were going to take a beating! Call a timeout! Calm him down. If that don't work sit him a series! Make him get his head right! Dabo never did it! The difference this time is he has a senior that telegraphs plays, has a weak arm, and the lowest qb rating of any starting qb in football. Yes sir! That gives you the best chance to win! You believe Dabo, I have some magic beans I want to sell you! If boos rain down, they will be for Dabo! I can honestly say Dabo's issues handling QB's is the ONLY knock on his program! So many Clemson fans have been scratching their head all year. Suspect play calling as well! Watson is just elite enough to overcome bad game planning. To the detriment of his health! The boos will be justified, IF they arrive Saturday! It's not Cole's fault! It's all on you, Dabo! It would be great to build a lead, and let the fans thank Cole for his efforts on senior day! It's a #### shame Dabo has placed this kid with such high character into a position like this! He is your prototypical backup only worthy of mop up duty! Asking him to do anything more is terrible coaching! PERIOD

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him! What kind of turd would boo a senior QB

who has played his guts out?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I could name quite a few from this bored.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:22 PM

But Crump hates lists.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I can think of plenty that don't think he should start, and

Nov 18, 2014, 12:31 PM

plenty that think Scheussler should get most of the snaps, and plenty who have pointed out the obvious fact that Stoudt has played very poorly much of the time, but I can't think of any off that would actually boo him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I can think of plenty that don't think he should start, and

Nov 18, 2014, 1:34 PM

Then you must not have been at the last game or at least sitting next to the family section, when a fan yelled DIE COLE! over his (Coles) parents heads.

Re: I could name quite a few from this bored.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to I could name quite a few from this bored. ]

Again, I could name a few. And they know who they are.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

High schoolers, people with no class, people with

Nov 18, 2014, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Good for him! What kind of turd would boo a senior QB ]

low IQ's.....just to name a few.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I yelled at some lady sitting behind me Saturday for booing

Nov 18, 2014, 12:19 PM

Stoudt. It was the play where he started to throw then tried to stop but released the ball and it went a couple yards into the ground. She was going ballistic and I turned around and yelled at her, "Shut up! Don't boo our quarterback! If you want to boo, the Falcons play tomorrow"

She was stunned

Literally, the very next play was the second pick 6, and she was sarcastically cheering just to egg me on

This was a grown woman...although probably not an alum...

Re: I yelled at some lady sitting behind me Saturday for booing

Nov 18, 2014, 3:29 PM

How is it that it makes any difference that a fan is an ALUM or not. It's not like you make any difference to the football program. Some more of that I'm better than you crap because I went to school here. Who know Dabo might elect you MVP ALUM!

Definately not a lady.***

Nov 18, 2014, 7:20 PM [ in reply to I yelled at some lady sitting behind me Saturday for booing ]

Did she go home to West Virginia and burn her couch?

Nov 18, 2014, 7:35 PM [ in reply to I yelled at some lady sitting behind me Saturday for booing ]

Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 12:29 PM

I totally agree with Dabo about booing Cole.
Dabo,I got a better idea.
Can we at least boo your 1.3 million dollar a year Offensive coordinator?
I know a couple of high school coaches who could probably devise a better game plan
than what I saw Sat.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:30 PM

Amen to that.

Boo Dabo, not Chad. Dabo chose Stoudt to start, not Morris.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

If you've seen or read Morris's responses to reporters questioning him about starting Stoudt (vs. UGA, FSU, & GaSt) Morris repeatedly indicated that Swinney has been choosing Stoudt as the starter against Morris's wishes. Morris never says, I think Stoudt gives us the best chance to win, like Dabo always says. Morris always says that Dabo made it clear that Stoudt is the starter... and then rattles off a bunch of seniority/loyalty reasons while looking away from the camera.

Yesterday Morris said:
“There is a chance I am sure Coach Swinney will speak more in-depth on this later in the week, but as the coordinator you try to prepare for every scenario possible. As the coordinator I am preparing for [Stoudt] not to play. That is from my standpoint - if he plays he plays."

Today Dabo announced Stoudt would be the starter. A shocker to nobody who has followed Dabo's loyalty to Stoudt.

Re: Boo Dabo, not Chad. Dabo chose Stoudt to start, not Morris.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:07 PM

No.
Morris is talking about Watson not playing.

Re: Boo Dabo, not Chad. Dabo chose Stoudt to start, not Morris.

Nov 18, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Boo Dabo, not Chad. Dabo chose Stoudt to start, not Morris. ]

Oh yes Morris has said that and big deal. Do you really think the coaches will not play the best players we have?

Yes. Dabo (not Morris) favors seniority over talent at times

Nov 18, 2014, 5:29 PM

E.g. Dabo played Ashe/Dye over DeAndre Hopkins even though in the season opener against UNT, Hopkins showed that he was clearly better, and the best WR Clemson had seen in many years.

Dabo started Stoudt over Watson even though Watson showed his superior talent as early as the UGA game (NFL-caliber TD-pass to Peake). Dabo started Stoudt for the FSU game, but then while Watson sat on the sideline for 3 series, Watson suddenly became the better QB.

I don't think Dabo looks at it like, "I'm going to start this crappy senior over a much better younger guy for the sake of loyalty." I think he justifies it to himself like, "The younger guy seems a bit better but the older guy earned it more so I'll give him the nod." I also suspect that Dabo's bias towards loyalty/seniority clouds his judgment. If it were Chad's decision, I suspect that Watson would have started sooner and Schuessler might be the starter vs. GaSt.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:29 PM

Dabo helped his spirit by chewing him out on tv and entire crowd. We were booing you dabo. Playing a hurt qb.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:30 PM

I agree with Dabo on this, no young man who has given 4 years to CU should be booed. But what I don't agree with is Sweeney's insistence on playing Stoudt just to make himself feel good. He did the same thing with Parker, even when it was obvious that he was not the leader he had given us hopes he would be. There's another ACC coach who stubbornly sticks with his players and that's Frank Beamer at VA Tech. You can see where his program is headed. I just don't think Stoudt "gives us the best opportunity to win." If he does we have a problem.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:31 PM

This is the same dribble Coach Swinney has used before to explain Mr. Stoudt's incompetence as a QB. We are not talking about just one game. It is every game he has started. Last week at Georgia Tech there could be a case made that the game was "fixed" because of Mr. Stoudt's loathsome performance. Due to overall historical performance, Mr. Stoudt is not a FBS QB. If it were me, I would boycott the game. But, because I live in Kentucky, I will not bother to listen to or watch another putrid offense led by an equally inept QB that is, quite frankly, offensive to watch.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:01 PM

I knew that Dabo would never start Nick over Cole. Dabo is in love with Cole plan and simple. Maybe when Dabo is fired, Cole will show him some him some loyalty and give Dabo a job getting his coffee.

Pathetic

Nov 18, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

It is obvious that Cole is not a very good qb. But one thing we keep over looking is the lack of blocking from the o line. Poor Nick didn't have time to get the snap before 14 guys were sacking him. The o line needs to start earning there worth and start blocking instead of just standing around and looking at each other, you mean I was supposed to block that guy. Sad o line play, that's why the running back don't have a hole to run thru.

Nov 18, 2014, 3:28 PM

But you will blame Cole right?

Nov 18, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

Hey, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Totally agree, should be booing Dabo and Chad***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:32 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I've always felt the boos were for the coaches anyway,

Nov 18, 2014, 7:15 PM

not the players. It can sound that way on the field but why would anyone boo a kid? Vocalizing displeasure towards a coaching staff, earning millions, for galloping at windmills is a different story though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 12:34 PM

I would never boo our own players but when a QB is 3-6 with 3 INTS and 2 pick sixes then he probably deserves to be booed at that point against GA Tech. If Cole Stoudt comes out and throws 5 INTs then he is going to get booed. I am sorry but everyone has a threshold where they will boo because honestly the player deserves it.

I am not saying he should be booed when he comes out on the field this weekend. That really would be crappy. I really suspect Dabo is concerned with Cole Stoudt's confidence and he should not be booed before coming out for a scrimmage game.

However, let him throw 3 Pick 6es against the Coots and see what kind of reaction he gets. No one is above being booed. I would be willing to bet that Stoudt would tell y0ou he deserved to be booed for the way he played against GA Tech. I cannot remember a QB ever have a worse game as a Clemson Tiger than Stoudt last week.

The ironic thing is that if he has his best game as a Tiger against the Coots then he will be remembered more as hero who broke the Coots 5 game winning streak.

Can we 'boo' 'the President'?

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ...

PLAYING HIM. Get your head out of your ###. Cole Stoudt is not cut out to be a college QB. Hasn't been all year. IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS!!! Stop shoving him down our throats. You are putting him in a VERY bad situation, putting the Team in a very bad situation and frankly putting YOUR COACHING reputation on the line by continuing with to sunshine pump Cole Stoudt. Please, someone needs to have a talk with you about what the hell you are doing. I have no idea what is going through your head. Seems like you have seriously gone off the deep end.

Re: HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ...

Nov 18, 2014, 1:53 PM

Get lost then. There's over 120 teams you can pull for. Find one.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

What about my post do you disagree with specifically?

Nov 18, 2014, 2:13 PM

I would really like to know. Who are you to tell me who to pull for? I support Clemson University with all my heart and soul. Always have and always will. I do not want to see the repercussions come by how our head coach is handling this situation. Why don't you explain your stance instead of just spouting out something so stupid.

Re: What about my post do you disagree with specifically?

Nov 18, 2014, 2:17 PM

I'm surprised he didn't call you a coot. That's usually what happens when someone point out the obvious. Like your not really a fan if you have an opinion. Dabo is delusional when it comes to Cole.

Nov 18, 2014, 3:11 PM

Maybe so, but again i ask,,, What would YOU do?

Nov 18, 2014, 3:09 PM [ in reply to What about my post do you disagree with specifically? ]

I will tell you what is wrong with what you said.... We dont have anybody else... Cole is it,,,, yeah , Nick can play and maybe he should,but he is where he is for a reason. Our best QB is out, Cole at least knows the calls... i didnt say he could execute them, but he knows them. You be Dabo... now who do you play,, You cant go back and recruit someone to come on in like Nick Saban did because of our rules at Clemson............ so, go ahead, What would YOU do?

Nov 18, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to What about my post do you disagree with specifically? ]

Get lost

Smoke and mirrors***

Nov 18, 2014, 7:26 PM [ in reply to What about my post do you disagree with specifically? ]

Talk about going off deep end...HELLO.***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ... ]

Nov 18, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ... ]

THIS GUY IS A WINNER!!!!!

Nov 18, 2014, 5:58 PM [ in reply to HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ... ]

YOU CAN'T PERFORM IF YOU HAVE A SHABBY O LINE

Nov 18, 2014, 6:35 PM

W

Nov 18, 2014, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ... ]

Well, idk if you watched the nc state game, but deshaun did well with the shame shabby oline against nc state, and nc state almost beat Florida state the week before we beat them. So the stats show that cole sucks. Period

Unless you are at practice everyday, you haven't seen

Nov 18, 2014, 7:38 PM [ in reply to HEY DABO! WE AREN'T BOO-ING HIM WE ARE BOOING YOU FOR ... ]

Enough of the back up QB's to know if Stoudt gives us the best chance to win or not

Nov 18, 2014, 12:37 PM

Good for him. We don't need dipstick like that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I TOTALLY agree about NOT Booing any Tiger Player...

Nov 18, 2014, 12:41 PM

I disagree with his assessment of Stoudt's ability to be our best chance to win....The Defense has pulled his chestnuts out of the fire until last week.

Re: No Boo here

Nov 18, 2014, 12:41 PM

Just observation that Stoudt is the worst Division i QB i've seen for quite some time now. He can't help it, he is what he is but for the coaching staff no to see this is simply awful. To continue to do the same thing and expect different results is as you know, insanity.

Re: No Boo here

Nov 18, 2014, 12:58 PM

The problem is that the coaching staff knows he is a bad quarterback but he has put in 3 years here and he deserves to play even if we lose. Dabo is on another planet right now if he thinks Cole gives us the best chance to win. I have been a Tiger fan for more that 40 years and Dabo wants me to get a life. He needs to quit smoking and go to rehab.

I wasnt booing

Nov 18, 2014, 12:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got to take issue with one thing Dabo said...

Nov 18, 2014, 12:53 PM

"Best chance to win." Maybe in this case it's true, and maybe it's not. But he was saying the same thing about Stoudt back at this beginning of this season. Does anyone really believe Stoudt gave us the best chance to win at Georgia, FSU?

Nov 18, 2014, 1:04 PM

If you think you can do better throw on the pads and do it. But we both know you can't so shut up.

Booing Cole Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 1:13 PM

No decent Clemson Tiger fan should ever "boo" on of our own players--period! And...I don't want to call into question Dabo's and Chad's decisions, but we can all agree that many times we are scratching our heads wondering why we play certain players and not others, why we call the same plays in certain situations, etc. I do expect ( and Dabo has told us that "BEST IS THE STANDARD" ) the highly paid coaches to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. They make ten or more times the $$$ that the fans make--if they can't do the job, they need to hear about it from us. I love the type players that we have, the kind of program that we run, etc. and don't want it to be otherwise. But, we should and do expect them to earn the big salaries that they get. Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is indeed delusional and the definition of insanity! Last comment: WE are not the enemy--WE ALL want the Tigers to be great--This board just give us a place to vent our frustrations when we aren't so great...

Nov 18, 2014, 1:13 PM

There's a reason Nick doesn't have a lot of experience yet. If your worried about him not having experience then you play him. I understand that you start Cole for Senior Day. I get it. But in order for Nick to gain experience, you PLAY HIM. So what if he's missed a couple of things. I think Cole has more than missed a couple of things also but still continues to see playing time.

You have to give people a chance to play in order to prove themselves and correct mistakes. You'd think that Dabo would get it. Loyalty is one thing, blind loyalty is another. I hope Cole comes out and proves everyone wrong and plays lights out. But if not, PLEASE for the love of God, put Nick in. He WILL NEED EXPERIENCE before the USuC game. Especially if Watson isn't coming back.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:17 PM

This coaching staff needs to be BOOed! 1.3 million for this lame offense with a total of 5 plays. Oh yeah, and zero halftime adjustments ever! What a joke. Those pick sixes have been there all year folks. Our opponents have just dropped them.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:34 PM

It's not stoudts fault he sucks folks!! It's dabos! He has had hardly any playing time for the last four years, because he didn't get enuff reps in game situations! Ole loyal Dabo, wanted tajh to win the heisman the last couple of years (which was NEVA gonna happen), so bad that he never put in the subs for experience! So now the same thing is gonna happen to nick- NO REPS= NO EXPERIENCE! So let me ask y'all, were was Dye?? I thought he was gonna tote the melon all day saturday? What happened to the air attack Morris??? Why do u think Dabo gave his coordinaters all that xtra cash?? So he wouldn't have the responsibility cause he ain't no head coach! He's a just a good guy like tommy Bowden.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:18 PM

Agree we shouldn't boo any of our players.
But, it's apparent Dabo doesn't think / see the big picture and what is best for the team. Yes, Cole was the quarterback with three victories but many could argue the defense deserve the true credit. Those games may have been the lowest offensive outputs since Tajh became adept with offense.
GT looked at those films and knew how to stop a struggling QB.
The business decision might be to say you've had your chance and you'll never be more than sub par in this offense and invest in the sophomore quarterback?
The other business decision is why hasn't Chad tried new things that Cole could have success with. Same old plays / schemes yielding same (poor) results.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:31 PM

Amen brother amen.

Boooo Dabo

Nov 18, 2014, 1:19 PM

Dabo has lost his mind. I booed cole and would do it again the first bone head play he makes this weekend. The dude just isn't good and you have to give schuessler the opportunity to not screw things up like you did cole. He can't complete passes beyond the line of scrimmage, you can't win against decent teams without vertical threat in our scheme. Hell if Choice wasn't injured he would be a better option than stoudt. So get off yall's high horses and give me a break. Its one thing to make a mistake, its another to repeatedly put your team in a bad spot. Berating your fans and ignoring the obvious instead accepting the facts of the situation is not the way to put this behind you, Dabo. Give Schuessler the same opportunity you did with deshaun and cole at the beginning of the year.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:35 PM

Coach Swinney you know a lot about football, but I know a lot about leadership. I spent over 36 years in the US Army and the DoD.

Coach: You are failing at basic leadership!

It’s as simple as this: you have to respect the entire team — not just one player.
EVERYONE but you knows that Cole Stoudt does NOT give the team the best chance to win.
Maybe with Stoudt we can win over GA State — maybe not. He has to play better than he did against GA TECH to win.
BTW: I’m 70 years of age and have been going to Clemson games for longer than you have been alive — so, I’m not just some “young person surrounded by negativity”.

Your blind loyalty to Cole Stoudt has left you:

Disrespecting every player on the team — Both the offensive line and the entire defense. I was at the GA TECH game and saw the first pick-six. It was on nobody but Stoudt. I was also at the other games where you say Stoudt did a great job. Not true — it was the defense that won those games. These players want to win, and you are doing your best to ensure they do not win. How can you expect loyalty from the other team members if you are not loyal to them?
Disrespecting fans who want the team to succeed. Of course we will not win all games, but you are throwing games away. I for one, put a lot of time and effort into attending Clemson games. Now I hate to see the offense take the field when Stoudt comes out at quarterback. Personally I never boo any college player, even opposing ones — I think it is low class. But, have you ever thought, the fans are really booing YOU and your insistence on proving a point? If not, its time you did.
Never examining your role in the leadership of the entire team — not some misplaced loyalty to one person.
Taking a chance on losing some of our valuable future recruits.

Clemson fans are football savvy and are not easily fooled. Right now it seems you are fooling yourself in this one matter.

Call this an Open Letter to Coach Swinney

Well said***

Nov 18, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

This looks vaguely familiar***

Nov 18, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt ]

There will be booing if Dabo starts

Nov 18, 2014, 2:10 PM

Cole. I think the fans will be directing their boos toward Dabo's continuing love affair with a stand up guy that just cant get the job done. Poor decision on the coaches part not to start Deshaun against GA and FSU. Now the poor decisions continue. Good grief, when will it end? Please Dabo, do what you do best.....recruit, and leave these decisions to someone else who can make a decision not based on emotion. If Cole starts, there will be booing. They will be booing another poor decision.

Re: There will be booing if Dabo starts

Nov 18, 2014, 2:34 PM

This is the problem i have with Dabo back when he recruited Tajh he said come here to Clemson and you will win a heisman and win this and break that and ok Tajh did alot of things and broke alot of records and was a great ambassador for clemson but when we were killing people with big leads or getting pounded like FSU last year why was Stout not in the games getting the experience he needed for this year, you better start preparing for the future and play the best man on the field or that loyalty is going to have some people on this staff counting poles down the highway. what has all those records tajh broke done for Clemson nothing and as bad as hate it for Tajh what have they done for him. i love this school and always will i just hate to see the state our fan base and football teams is in right now.

Re: There will be booing if Dabo starts

Nov 18, 2014, 6:08 PM [ in reply to There will be booing if Dabo starts ]

The thing I love is someone like Scott gets a 15 yd personal foul penalty and gets benched the rest of the game after doing good things early in the game. Stoudt throws INT after INT and keeps on chugging with ra ra support behind him.

Stoudt won't give us the best chance

Nov 18, 2014, 2:21 PM

To win against SC. He gives us no chance. We have to give Nick a try if Deshaun is not going to make it back. If Cole starts agains SC and we lose, Dabo will be in deep doo doo.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:22 PM

lifelong, diehard Clemson fan here.
however if pay good money to go watch
any team play I have the right to boo,
cheer, or anything else I choose to do.
as I see it if you are passionate about anything
you are going to voice your opinion. with that
being said I would never boo anyone before the game
even starts, but if cole comes out and throws a pick
first possession then I guarantee 99% of the people
there will be booing!!! just the facts. accept it.

Swinney right about one thing...

Nov 18, 2014, 2:25 PM

It would be an absolute embarrassment to our program if our fans were to boo Cole Stoudt. What a classless, immature move. If people can't conduct themselves with more respect when out in public, stay at home and yell at your TV like an idiot. Remember that is somebody's child. How would you feel if a bunch of short-sighted rednecks booed your son over something as trivial as a football game? It's not a matter of "him putting on his big boy pants and playing better." It's a matter of having enough class to act like a grown-up in public. You have opinions? Great. Keep them to yourself before actively trying to shame a kid that hasn't done anything to warrant the hate. Death before dishonor.

Re: Swinney right about one thing...

Nov 18, 2014, 2:34 PM

I don't think any self-respecting Clemson fan would boo Cole. But how do express our disagreement with Dabo's decision to keep playing him? Too bad there isn't a way to make it obvious that Dabo is being booed and not cole.

That part in the pregame, at the very end of Dale Gilbert

Nov 18, 2014, 3:21 PM

introducing the starting lineups, when he says, "The Tigers are coached by Mr. Dabo Swinney." That would be the time when there would be no question who you were booing if you wanted to do that. Of course, getting in the stadium in time for that may require one less adult beverage at the tailgate, so you got to sacrifice a little.

Re: Swinney right about one thing...

Nov 18, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Swinney right about one thing... ]

TU for your post. I agree it would be classless for any fan to boo a player just because the coaches choose to start him. It's not fair to the player and booing as he enters the game is just ignorance. There's no way to differentiate between Cole and Dabo if people boo when he first comes in to play, and I don't think that's fair to Cole. He has given all he has for our team. If he starts screwing up and people want to boo, that's their prerogative, but at least wait until he actually does something bad!

Nov 18, 2014, 2:32 PM

booing and cheering are part of the game. players know what
they are signing up for when they sign the dotted line.
so when dallas fans boo tony romo you think they should
remember he is somebodys son? come on people our society is
getting way to sensitive and way to thin skinned!!! people
have been booing since I started going to games almost 40 years ago.

Funny he has time to worry about this - maybe he should

Nov 18, 2014, 2:41 PM

focus on winning the next 2 games.

Re: Funny he has time to worry about this - maybe he should

Nov 18, 2014, 2:47 PM

amen!!!!

Re: Funny he has time to worry about this - maybe he should

Nov 18, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Funny he has time to worry about this - maybe he should ]

and you think he isnt worried about that???

Preach it Dabo!***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 3:27 PM

I agree that no Tiger player should be booed! I also think that the reality is, for many, alot of hard-earned money is invested in supporting Clemson Tiger sports and that it is frustrating to see poor performances. It is hard to remember that the players are truly doing their best and often just following coaches' called plays. May those with the "big bucks" should assume the blame as were in the stands before these coaches came to Clemson and we will be there forever. Coaches come and go; Clemson fans are forever!

Nov 18, 2014, 4:18 PM

Oh Daboo... you should coach the cheer squad. You are such a rah, rah guys. You must stay up at night reading motivational books and comments by life/career coaches. Like those self help books that try to tell someone what they need to do to help themselves... Is that really "self-help"? Same old stuff from you. How about busting your OC's butt instead of getting on the alumni and fans about them voicing their opinion of you the only way they can... other that keeping their wallets in their pockets which is what will happen if you let the grupy ol ball coach beat you again. You talk about a real winner is someone that continues to get back up after getting knocked down. I would describe that as a stubborn loser! Maybe that person should try a different career or position. Most life/career coaches like yourself would suggest that change. Putting one in a position to be successful is what you should be doing. Give it some thought Daboo.

Nov 18, 2014, 4:26 PM

well said!!!!

Those same fans paid over $125k for Cole to attend CU.

Nov 18, 2014, 4:31 PM

Nm

Re: Those same fans paid over $125k for Cole to attend CU.

Nov 18, 2014, 4:46 PM

I would bet most of the whiners and complainers on this board do not give the school a penny.

I would argue the people who give money

Nov 18, 2014, 5:58 PM

especially those who give a lot of money, have higher expectations similar to what you see from the 'complainers,' but you're certainly correct that they aren't on the board.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those same fans paid over $125k for Cole to attend CU.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Those same fans paid over $125k for Cole to attend CU. ]

If you think that the folks who give significant amounts of money to help fund Clemson athletics will be pleased with a potential 6th straight loss to the Gamecocks, then you are gravely mistaken. This is a results driven business and beating up on the likes of Wake, S.C. State, Georgia State and N.C. State will not keep this coaching staff employed much longer if the football team continues to implode in nearly every meaningful game (e.g., FSU & S. Carolina) on the schedule year after year.

Before you retort with something mindless and start to question my bona fides as a Clemson fan: Yes - I would like to see a more Danny Ford type of killer instinct in the Clemson Football team. No, I do not miss either Hatfield or West, but I do miss Tommy Bowden - he consistently beat Carolina and started to pull even with FSU. No, I do not like Dabo - he has consistently underperformed. No, I do not think that the program is heading in the right direction.

It's not Cole's fault that he sucks, and it's not his fault

Nov 18, 2014, 5:51 PM

that he played over a clearly superior athlete.

The only person you should even consider booing on Saturday is Dabo Swinney.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:04 PM

Dabo is going to go down in flames with Cole at the helm. Let's say Cole starts this week and we win (which we will b/c we have far superior athletes and should win by 50). Cole throws for 268 with 2 TD and an INT (one of those TDs are on a "pass" where he flips it 1/2 yard forward to Scott on a sweep who scores from 60 out like vs Wake - which went down as a 68 yd TD pass for Cole against Wake inflating his numbers). Cole gets named MVP (again) of the game by Dabo who is in a constant love affair with him. We get to USC and Watson just isn't healthy enough. Cole plays and loses the game in grand fashion. What happens with Dabo then?

I want what is best for Clemson and I will admit Dabo is in a tough situation b/c clearly neither Cole nor Nick are equipped to win at this level. #### poor recruiting. But Dabo will go down with loyalty. His constant blind loyalty to Stoudt all year is astounding and it is going to cost him. Another 8 win season with a 6th loss in a row to the Coots isn't gonna go over well. If he thinks the fans are unruly now....

Nov 18, 2014, 6:34 PM

I completely agree with you. Completely. Cole hasn't done anything this year, and won't do anything. And you're right about him loving Cole. It's a soft choice and has been all year. Simply because he's a senior.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:27 PM

You know, I saw a comment earlier that said we've been hurt at the beginning of the year. Simply because we've lost to many key athletes. But every year is a new year. I disagree. We had the talent this year to win a national championship. I don't care what anybody on here says. We do have the talent. And we should have found this talent through evaluation. People have to step up for godsakes. Good teams NEVER HAVE "REBUILDING YEARS". They rely on the talent on there hands now. Simply because they're men enough to step up and take it. I said evaluation simply to point out someone. I'm not saying cole stoudt was the only reason we lost to UGA, FL. ST. And GA TECH, but he is a key role on why we lost. He never stepped up, or made any big plays during those losses. He never did anything good? Look at who we beat with him? Cole stoudt contributed to these wins. We beat South Carolina state, wake forest, Boston college, Syracuse, and Louisville with mostly cole. I'm gonna come out and say it right now, the teams that we beat with him sucked. They sucked! And if we was playing teams like florida state and Alabama each week, I believe our record would be worse than it is now. We've been lucky with the toughness of our schedule to have a 7-3 record.
For anyone who thinks that deshaun watson isn't dirty, there's something wrong. Deshaun is 60 times better than cole. I'm not hating on cole, that's just how good deshaun is. Period! And I saw in another response where someone said that Coles dream was broke when they started Deshaun, well I don't know about you, but isn't that how football goes? If someone takes your job it's because you wasn't doing your job. And he couldn't do his job. I didn't add in nc state because we blew them away. With deshaun watson. I'm going to brag on deshaun. Next year, I will just about promise you he will be the heisman. And by the time he's a junior, you can welcome a national championship. He's the sh&t. And I believe in him. And I believe in our coaches. But I do think they've been soft with their choice of Qb start this year. This season is not about COLE STOUDT. It's about winning a national championship. And it should be every year. This year it will not happen. But hopefully In the years to come we will have one. Go tigers!

Nov 18, 2014, 6:30 PM

Dabo... really? Come on man. No true fan would boo Cole - we know that he is injured and trying his best.

More importantly:

Cole was not responsible for recruiting, training and developing (1) solid offensive linemen or (2) top tier running backs - these are your responsibilities, at which you have failed miserably.

We have an offensive line that lacks a killer instinct. In fact, I am starting to wonder if these guys even have a pulse. It's embarrassing to be ranked almost dead last in rushing - out of 124 FBS teams - flat out embarrassing, and that's on you and our feeble offensive line. No excuses.

Without a running game and given that Cole is not a mobile QB, the opposing team's D knows that he is going to pass. He is clearly injured, so throwing the ball accurately is not an option. It is worth noting that Cole might not have been very accurate before his injury.

With that said, instead of preaching to the fans, your time would be better spent (a) fixing Clemson's ineffective offensive line and (b) focusing on how you are going to beat our in-state rival...for the first time in 6 years.

If by some remote chance, world order is restored and the Tigers are able to beat Carolina in two weeks, then you can preach away... we will all listen. However, if you lose to the Gamecocks, for an inexplicable 6th straight time, it's time for you to pack up and go cheerlead somewhere else.

Will the real Clemson football fans please stand up? Thanks & go Tigers!

Nov 18, 2014, 6:34 PM

I totally agree. It should not matter how we feel about the situation we should not boo Stoudt for what he has done in the past. I am not saying we should not boo at all. If he has another performance like he had against Ga Tech then we should show our displeasure. I personal do not think he should start, but let's give the team some respect and not boo anybody at FIRST. Let's see how their performance goes. Because who knows he might have the best game of his career. It's a different day and game. I will be at the game Saturday and I am going to give support and cheer for the Clemson Tigers no matter who is on the field. So let's all do the same, so Stoudt will feel more confident about himself because he will play better if we are cheering for him than booing. Wouldn't you perform better if someone is supporting you than someone is putting you down and booing?

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Discouraging booing

Nov 18, 2014, 7:09 PM

Is ridiculous. Especially during a spectator sport. The only reason these kids have the opportunity to play on nice fields, workout on state of the art equipment and facilities, and receive a free education is because they have fans paying to watch them. This isn't recreation league where every kid plays to stay active or stay off the streets. Fans should have the right to communicate with the players/coaches and reward positive play with cheers, negative play with boos, create home field advantage by intimidating visiting teams, etc. Some say its rude, not classy or wrong. I think in our attempt to civilize things, we forget evolutionary processes that developed over milleniums.

Re: New Story:s Swinney calls out Clemson fans who would boo Cole Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 7:11 PM

I agree! But dabo has to know that this program and fans are bigger then him or stout! And he has not earned the right to run us in the ground to keep from hurting a QB'S feelings. I don't care how lucky he was at BC. If not for our D We'd got beat. Bottom line! He lost that game Saturday. He lost it! And if dabo loses to Carolina again. His chair will begin to get hot!

Nov 18, 2014, 7:22 PM

This is not Carolina. We don't stand in awe of mediocrity and smile.we don't get our butts handed to us by a bumbling QB. And think it's ok. I served in two combat actions by the time I was his age. We didn't have fans cheering. We had to do it for each other. If it were a running back he'd be on the bench.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:46 PM

Well said and thank you for your service. Go Tigers!

Silly Dabo, we are booing you and Chad!***

Nov 18, 2014, 8:08 PM

Right on, Coach! But understand

Nov 18, 2014, 8:17 PM

that the naysayers, and especially the Neanderthal's who boo, are in the great minority.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GrayBengal...Exactly!***

Nov 18, 2014, 8:41 PM

Nov 19, 2014, 4:27 PM

The boos are directed just as much toward you and morris as they are stoudt. We as fans spend a lot of money to support this program and have every right to either boo or cheer depending upon how the program is doing. Without us you don't have a job so if you can't take the heat you got two choices Mr. Dabo, either get out of the kitchen or start doing your job you get paid a lot of money to do........

Replies: 130
| visibility 251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic