Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Schuessler ready to be the starter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Schuessler ready to be the starter?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:15 PM

Schuessler ready to be the starter?

Nick Schuessler received the first serious playing time of his Clemson career on Saturday at Georgia Tech. What does he say about maybe getting a chance to start? What does he say about Deshaun Watson's injury? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is a team player and will leave it all on the field

Nov 16, 2014, 12:18 PM

for his University

With Tech beating us 102-65 in PASSING Yds?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:19 PM

Yep. The answer ain't Cole again. Wonder how long Coach Bill Foster would have gone w/Cole?

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

With Tech beating us 102-65 in PASSING Yds?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:19 PM

Yep. The answer ain't Cole again. Wonder how long Coach Bill Foster would have gone w/Cole?

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: With Tech beating us 102-65 in PASSING Yds?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:36 PM

Hey, maybe we should get a trombone player out of the band to quarterback. It will give us the same chance of beating USC as Nick. He has to be better than Cole, right?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:44 PM

We also need an offensive line that can block somebody. These clowns can't get out of there own way. Webster is the worst o lineman I have ever seen. That dude sucks really bad.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: With Tech beating us 102-65 in PASSING Yds? ]

So what exactly are you saying about trombone players? ;)

C. Sloan
1998 Tiger Band Trombones

Cole

Nov 16, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to With Tech beating us 102-65 in PASSING Yds? ]

Problem is.....

the same people who, back in Aug. Were saying, Start Cole over Watson.
Is now wanting Schussler over Stoudt.

They're basicly the same QB. In everything they do.
But sure, I understand...do something, anything.

Heck...move Robert Smith to Qb.

Re: Cole

Nov 16, 2014, 10:43 AM

Robert Smith did play quarterback in his younger years

You are missing at least one key point. Cole is HURT***

Nov 16, 2014, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Cole ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh God. Has it really come down to this?***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:32 PM

Re: Oh God. Has it really come down to this?***

Nov 16, 2014, 1:51 PM

Give Schuessler a chance. What have we got to lose--another game? And don't be so sure that GA. State is a patsy. They're 8 and 3 (against some 2nd level opponents for sure), but only lost to N.C. State by 1 point, and to GA TECH by only 4 points. With Cole at the helm, and given our performance yesterday, the GA Peanuts could surprise us. So, I want to see what Nick's got; it can't be worse than we have now.

you might want to go back and review

Nov 16, 2014, 1:57 PM

The difference between Ga. State and Ga. Southern. Sound similar but verrrry different.

Re: Oh God. Has it really come down to this?***

Nov 16, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Oh God. Has it really come down to this?*** ]

did U see that (*&^%$#@ yesterday??? it is WAY BELOW this

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh..

Nov 16, 2014, 1:00 PM

Pretty sure this is one of those cases where,
you gotta do something, anything!

wrong or right ;)

Re: New Story: Schuessler ready to be the starter?

Nov 16, 2014, 1:02 PM

if it was me,he would start against Ga State to see what he can do. When he came in GaTech was in full blitz mode. At least his passes have some zip to them. He may be a pleasant surprise.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:41 PM

This has to sting if you're Stoudt. I don't recall ever seeing a QB lose his starting position twice to two separate backups in the same season. Ouch. Kind of a tough call, but I say start Schuessler over Stoudt and see what the kid can do. Really can't hurt at this point.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:49 PM

Nick was put in yesterday when GT was in full blitz mode and he completed a few passes and they had some nice zip on them and were accurate...I feel like if we start the South Carolina game with a nice run game and a few jet sweeps to Artavis Scott it will calm Nick down and will be able to open up some possible screens or slants

It's really about beating SCU at this point....

Nov 16, 2014, 2:28 PM

Get through the GSU game as simply and quickly as possible.... and forget play action and finesse against the dirt peckers.... They will have 9 in the box.... Tiger staff better be ready to face an emotional defense that will have no respect for the QB run nor the vertical passing game....

Nov 16, 2014, 3:08 PM

Nick Schuessler has been told since.day to make the most out of what snaps he gets in practice, and in the game. It does not matter whether it is mop up or a start. Nick was put in yesterday when Cole got benched. Cole got 2 shots prior to the start of the game according to ESPN, so he still has a injury of some sort. Irregardless, Cole has not been effective running the Tiger Offense this season. With Watson probably out til possibly mid summer or fall camp depending on how serious his injury really is, these last 2 games are valuable preparation for him for 2015. We have 2 QB's coming in , 1 in January and 1.in June for next year's class. Tucker Isreal could possibly be a contributer in spring camp, although will not have anywhere close to a full grasp of the Offensive playbook. Granted, DW will be a tremendous help to Isreal, he also can help coach Nick on the last 2 games and going into the spring. Nick showed some good zing on his passes yesterday, and he has a good knowledge of the offense. He took all 1st team snaps I beleive was reported 2 or 3 weeks ago in practice.Leave Cole on the headset on sidelines and let's at least have Nick ready for # 2 for next season. I believe he can do it !

Turn Dr Schuess loose!!! Heck it cant get worse than

Nov 16, 2014, 3:24 PM

it was Saturday with stoudt. That was some of the worst offensive football I've seen since the Hatfield days.

Either way, it'll take a miraculous performance by the defense to beat the coots any ways.

quick feet but no arm and no experience…..

Nov 16, 2014, 4:08 PM

no much different all-told than what we had.

If people are concerned about the supposed 'talent' gap between Watson and Stoudt, then they'd only be truthful to themselves to note the talent gap that Schuessler lives with.

I can't believe that this continuing to bash Cole is going to help a young man whose confidence is already sagging and who this team is going to need to produce a victory against USuCk.

Tricky Nick won't do it.

Re: quick feet but no arm and no experience…..

Nov 16, 2014, 5:01 PM

Playing with and injury since GA. Had to have 2 shots for pain prior to Tech game on Saturday. Has no ability to throw very far past line of scrimmage with any zip on ball. Biggest problem is he stares down receiver and has pretty much determined who he is going.to throw to before the play starts. Has lost the ability.to check down his receivers and does not throw the ball away when nobody is open. It seems that he is blind to defensive coverage and as a result, count the number of interceptions he has thrown in last 5 games. Nick has good zip on his passes and has better mobility. He also is going to be the back up next year for the starters. Pretty good chance, and I hate to say it, but I don't think it really matters who the QB is for the USC game at this point. Last 2 games will be a positive building block for Nick to start getting ready for a back up role next season.

Besides its not the fans causing his loss in confidence....

Nov 16, 2014, 5:11 PM

it's his play out on the field each week. I doubt any of that is about any of these posts. Ridiculous to even insinuate. I would listen to it be injury or maybe the coaching staff but Tigernet? Please.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 4:40 PM

What is wrong with CLEMSON? We cannot expect to win games when we depend on one player! This is the most humiliating situation I have seen in a long time. What happened to the so called best defense in the league? I dread watching the Clemson vs SC game this year. Looks like we will have to listen to the SC fans for another year bragging about 6 wins straight now. Something has to give. I would rather beat the Gamecocks and loose all the rest of the games at this point!

kinda hard for the defense to stop pick 6s

Nov 16, 2014, 4:57 PM

That's multiple. Defense did as well as they could with the bad situations they were put in. Heck they weren't even on the field when 14 of the 28 points were given up. Even as crappy as the offense is, if they just wouldn't turn the ball over we would have a chance till the end.

Nov 16, 2014, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Schuessler ready to be the starter? ]

First off, did you watch the game? I ask because the defense gave up a grand total of 16 points. 13 of them Tech earned. The other 3 came off the other Stoudt int. so basically the D gave up ONE touchdown. I am quite pleased with that performance from a defensive standpoint. They could've given up after the first, second or third int. however, they didn't and that speaks volumes about the pride and coaching of the defense. Kudos to them. Did they give up a few splash plays? Yes but when it mattered they didn't give up the touchdown.
Secondly, it's "lose" not loose...

Give him a shot

Nov 16, 2014, 5:26 PM

A 60 year old Cliff Stoudt would be more effective than Cole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after the game comments....

Nov 16, 2014, 6:43 PM

I am a believer that you win and lose as a team in the game of football. However in this case Stoudt made plenty of mistakes that cost us the game. That doesn't matter at this point. What I was interested in was who was going to own their mistakes. I listened and read the Stoudt interview. It was all "well WE can't make those mistakes....WE have to regroup." Really? If I were him I would own that crap. It would be somewhat along the lines of... I really had a bad game and I did things that cost my teammates an opportunity to compete and win. Anything besides sharing the blame with everyone. That was weak as heck. . He is a puss. Sorry to say it but I'm sayin it.

Re: Unfathomable

Nov 16, 2014, 6:53 PM

A division I football team with a 5th year Sr. that couldn't throw it in the ocean from 2 feet away. And there was a QB battle this year? Been told, again, this program is on level with elite programs in the country? Been told that the OC is one of the best play callers in the country, really? Once again Mary Poppins is coaching the offensive line and asks that they out finesse someone instead of blowing them off the ball. Now the possibility of a 3rd string QB ( clip board holder ) taking the reins and expect to win is ridiculous. Another schooling and a lesson is on the way from "slurrier". He knows his season is now salvageable giving who is on the other side attempting to match wits with him. It hasn't happened, it won't happen and will never happen. Now what is unfathomable is the same old shuck and jive that keeps getting force fed on the fans and it's suppose to be ok? It's been past time to draw the line in the sand. The kind of monies that are being paid should yield better results. It's past time to get the worth and results.

Dude with no pulse, Cole is HURT. HURT HURT HURT

Nov 16, 2014, 8:24 PM

He is NOT a 5th year senior. He is a 4th year senior.

AND he is hurt.

You are paying more attention to YOUR cooter team than MY Clemson team, OBVIOUSLY!! So STICK IT, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic