Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables: No stickers or stars or smiley faces even after win over Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables: No stickers or stars or smiley faces even after win over Wake

Nov 8, 2014, 8:02 PM

Venables: No stickers or stars or smiley faces even after win over Wake

The final numbers for Clemson’s defense in the Tigers’ 34-20 win over Wake Forest last Thursday night are the kinds of numbers most defensive coordinators would be proud of. Brent Venables wants more, and said Clemson's highly-ranked defense didn't win any awards in the win over Wake. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love this guy!***

Nov 8, 2014, 8:05 PM

Re: love this guy!***

Nov 9, 2014, 3:14 PM

Me too! I hope we raise his pay to, at least, Chad Morris' level which will see to it that it takes a really good HC offer to lure him away. He is earned his pay and plenty of respect, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables: No stickers or stars or smiley faces even after win over Wake

Nov 8, 2014, 8:15 PM

Get 'em BV!

Outstanding***

Nov 8, 2014, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables: No stickers or stars or smiley faces even after win over Wake

Nov 8, 2014, 8:19 PM

I get the feeling BV wouldn't be happy with 0 points and 0 yards given up, which is why he's a great D coach.

Nov 9, 2014, 1:53 AM

Oh I believe he is happy with what he has done with his D. And I think he is please and happy with the accolades he's getting from some of the media. But he is tough enough to not show that part of himself. And he surely will never over hype his guys. We all have seen games where the hype has made players feel that they have arrived, they start playing like chit b/c they no longer feel they can be taught or need to be taught anything else. They get that heyyyy look at me attitude!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna suck when somebody steals him away *******

Nov 8, 2014, 8:20 PM

Our top coach ... Keep 'em calibrated Coach V!***

Nov 8, 2014, 9:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV has quickly became our greatest coaching asset

Nov 8, 2014, 10:21 PM

His attitude and demand on the players is exactly what our defense needed to get to the next level. More importantly the players obviously buy into his system, believe in him, respect him, and are inspired by him and he has every member of our defense giving 110%. The strength of a defensive unit is the reflection of how strong they are coached and right now our players and our coach are tearing it up on the field.

What's the chances he bolts after this year?***

Nov 9, 2014, 1:06 AM

Re: What's the chances he bolts after this year?***

Nov 9, 2014, 10:17 AM

Honestly I don't think BV has nearly the desire to become a head coach that the chad does. Not every great coordinator wants to be a HC. I think if he really desired to become a HC he would have never left the coordinator spot at OU to come here and do the same thing. He would have stayed there until a head coach position was offered by someone. Plus right now schools that are searching for coaches are looking for someone who is offense minded and will bring a spread style system with them. So I'm not concerned he is going to bolt anywhere.

Nov 9, 2014, 12:40 PM

The reason he left OU was that Bob Stoops was basically demoting him by bringing in Mike Stoops and making him a co-coordinator. If he were to leave, this would be the year while his stock is high because next year will be a rebuilding year for the defense for sure.

Nov 9, 2014, 3:17 PM

A pay raise to The Chad's level will make it hard for him to leave for just anywhere.

Nov 9, 2014, 6:29 AM

MO could learn a thing or two or three from Ven!

What a great op, then...

Nov 9, 2014, 7:25 AM

for the D to redeem themselves next Sat.

THIS is what Venables is really after.

Nov 9, 2014, 11:46 AM

BV will be here.til K-State Head Coach retires, then he will leave to take the reins at his Alma Mater.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic