Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake

Nov 4, 2014, 11:34 AM

Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Tuesday that freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson will dress out and be ready to play against Wake. What would it take for Watson to play? What other injury news dominated Tuesday's press conference? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LIKE: "...will play him only if we need him to win..."***

Nov 4, 2014, 11:45 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ THIS ^^^***

Nov 4, 2014, 11:48 AM

And we won't.

Nov 4, 2014, 6:22 PM [ in reply to LIKE: "...will play him only if we need him to win..."*** ]

So don't expect to see him play. Looking good for the Tech game with folks coming back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for

Nov 4, 2014, 11:48 AM

him to get some live game action before, starting cold on the road at Ga Tech. If he's not the starter at GT, we lose that game. Dabo said three weeks ago he would be the starter when he's ready for a full game. Why not let him play three or four series on the road at Wake whether he's needed or not? Don't say because he might get injured. That is always a possibility with anyone. If he's good to play, then he's good to play and we should play him.

Re: Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for

Nov 4, 2014, 11:54 AM

You say that now but if he was to go in and get injured again and we don't have him for SCar nor GT, you'd then be saying "why did he play him...he must not have been ready" like everyone would. He's getting reps with the second team, so he's not completely cold, just not back in a true game yet. I don't see a small broken bone taking his "mojo" away. If Dabo is saying "we'll play him only if we need him to win", that to me says he likely hasn't missed a beat....doesn't sound like Dabo's worried about how he's looking or if he's "cold".

good points***

Nov 4, 2014, 12:02 PM

Nov 4, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for ]

But using that logic you would only play him in big games period. If he is ready to go and playing won't aggravate the injury then I say let's get our starting qb back in the game.

NO WAY !

Nov 4, 2014, 12:33 PM

With our D Stout can get the win. We need DW4 healthy for GT and SC

Re: NO WAY !

Nov 5, 2014, 1:37 PM

Just be thankful we don't play many teams with a pulse.

I have said it before an I will say it again....

Nov 4, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for ]

DW is not going to be cleared by the medical personnel to play unles and until he is 100% ready to go which means there is no greater chance of him reinjuring the finger than there would be in any other game situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I have said it before an I will say it again....

Nov 4, 2014, 1:38 PM

He won't reinjure the finger, they said last week that it would take a miracle for that to happen with the screws in it. They just leave those in there, its all about pain and he has none now. He'll be cleared to play this week. Its just a freak thing and its stronger than it was before.

3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY

Nov 4, 2014, 1:55 PM

him only if we need him to win!

The point is....

Nov 4, 2014, 2:02 PM

the risk of injury is the same no matter when he plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY

Nov 4, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

you do realize this is the first time he has ever missed a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 2:31 PM

First regular-season game in college. But he did have 3 jinjuries within the last 365 days.

Nov 4, 2014, 2:32 PM

I know the finger and collar bone, what was the third ?

Nov 4, 2014, 2:50 PM

it aint a finger by the way, it is his hand.

Leg***

Nov 4, 2014, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

Nov 4, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

well maybe when we put him out there against tech we can put him in a bubble or just politely ask them not to hit him.

Nov 4, 2014, 3:46 PM

So play him at WF......Right?

Well if you don't count the last half of his state champion

Nov 4, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

ship game he lost last Nov. and the Spring game

Not counting the spring game.***

Nov 4, 2014, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

First regular-season game in college. But he did have 3 jinjuries within the last 365 days.

Nov 4, 2014, 2:36 PM [ in reply to 3rd broken bone in less than a year in 3 dif. places - PLAY ]

feed him some broccoli!

Exactly!!

Nov 4, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I have said it before an I will say it again.... ]

If these fingers were mending on their own he would have been out for the season! Titanium screws folks....the magic of modern medicine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No such thing as "going in cold" for Deshaun Watson...

Nov 4, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for ]

He has proved multiple times this year he can step in after not playing for a long time and be just as effective.

How'd he look against UGA when he came in with no experience

Nov 4, 2014, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for ]

???

Nov 5, 2014, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for ]

I'm with you 81to85. If he's ready, let him play. Seems to me game experience before GT would be valuable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, now I know why not. He wasn't really ready to play.

Nov 8, 2014, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Why not play him whether he's needed or not. Better for ]

We were lied to. He couldn't have gone in if we'd needed him to.

Re: New Story: Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake

Nov 4, 2014, 11:54 AM

DW is the starter and if ready why not play him. With DW in the game it's over at half. Let Cole play the second half.

Nov 4, 2014, 12:10 PM

I hear you, i want him now too but don't you think we should play it safe if he's not needed?

Nov 4, 2014, 1:55 PM

It's all stradegy. Wake has to prepare for both QBs.

Nov 4, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake ]

My question to the notion that he needs to get "some game experience against Wake so he's not cold when he starts against GT"...seems to me he was as cold as anyone could be when he came in against UGA and his "coldness" didn't really hamper him...

Nov 4, 2014, 12:19 PM

Should he be forced to play Thursday I hope he does better than he did against the 'Cuses! Perhaps this all means that the OL is getting better. Neither QB is going to be very good running for their life!

Nov 4, 2014, 12:19 PM

Louisville not orangemen

Nov 4, 2014, 1:10 PM

He was having trouble getting on track against Louisville's defense, but he did throw that 70 yard TD to Hopper that was dropped early in the game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake ]

I don't think he needs to knock the rust off. DW is the starter and if he is ready play him. I think it's a slap in his face to start Cole if Watson is 100%. You know DW wants to play, this is the perfect game to get him back on the field. Clemson should have the game in hand by the half and let Cole play the rest of the game.

Nov 4, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Watson will be ready to play against Wake ]

Our second team is better than wake.

Told Ya

Nov 4, 2014, 1:18 PM

Said he'd be ready - and he will play. Been thinking this for two wks. He needs to get some game time in. Wakes d is better than GTs. Time for him to grab a 21 pt lead and let d and CS handle from there. Going to game, so I'm happy. You don't sit your horse - you go for the win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Told Ya

Nov 4, 2014, 1:39 PM

He won't start, Stoudt will and if the game is to close for comfort near the 4th he'll be in.

we've score 3 TD's in the last 12 quarters???

Nov 4, 2014, 1:39 PM

That su@ks. Its hard for me to believe though that we can't do any better than that.. its not like we have scrubs on this team... if wake and syracuse can score - we should be able to score.

Cole deserves this last chance to prove himself - good 2nd

Nov 4, 2014, 1:59 PM

half against Cuse and was playing injured. If Morris would gameplan for him as a pro-style qb, he could have the best game of his career, and be a great sub for Watson rest of his career!

Pro-style QBs need some protection. If we get that against

Nov 4, 2016, 1:08 PM

WFU I'm sure Stoudt and Morris will both look a lot better.

Largely due to conservative play calling.

Nov 4, 2014, 6:29 PM [ in reply to we've score 3 TD's in the last 12 quarters??? ]

6 offensive starters out and the defense playing lights out. Don't beat yourself and win it on D, just like Danny did. Everybody's blaming Chad, but I'd bet Dabo is providing that direction. Whatever it takes Baybee, what ever it takes. Win out and get to the OB and crush Notre Dame!

Needs to take snaps

Nov 4, 2014, 4:24 PM

Watson needs to take snaps against Wake. Watson doesn't have to play the whole game but needs to take some hits and get back to game speed. GT doesn't need to be his first snaps since the injury.

Hey null...

Nov 4, 2014, 6:30 PM

How'd that work against UGA? Tech ain't UGA.

When i saw Watson walk off the field in the Louisville game....

Nov 4, 2014, 10:16 PM

I was thinking ohhh fu ckkk. I knew it wasnt good. The thing is, he played for 2 plays after he broke his hand I believe...can't remember. But honestly I think we should just rest him until GT. I believe in Stoudt and our defense to not fall behind. Only in emergency situation do I want him to come in. You know GT will be bringing the heat when Deshaun starts. All it takes is one hit to the hand or if he falls on his hand the wrong way to put him out for the rest of the season...so why risk it? Screw it, let Cole start GT and if he can't handle it, obviously put Watson in but I want Deshaun to be 100% against SC. I will NOT tolerate 6. That's just ridiculous. Make sure our best is healthy for that game. Just my opinion.

Re: When i saw Watson walk off the field in the Louisville game....

Nov 4, 2014, 10:19 PM

I was there. He didn't play any after coming off.

He played one play more after hurting his hand.***

Nov 4, 2014, 10:20 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: He played one play more after hurting his hand.***

Nov 4, 2014, 10:24 PM

Hmmm.... guess the fine looking gal one row down and one seat to my right with the low cut halter top made me miss it. Oh well. The view was great.

:)

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic