Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney doesn't rule out Watson against Wake Forest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney doesn't rule out Watson against Wake Forest

Oct 30, 2014, 2:21 PM

Swinney doesn't rule out Watson against Wake Forest

The hand of quarterback Deshaun Watson has been a main topic of conversation around the Clemson football program since the freshman broke a bone in his right hand against Louisville. During a Thursday afternoon press conference in the WestZone, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that Watson looked good enough in practice Wednesday that he wouldn’t necessarily rule Watson out against Wake Forest in a week.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he gets at least a few drives in

Oct 30, 2014, 2:24 PM

to get warmed up before gt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that escalated quickly.....

Oct 30, 2014, 2:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

=)

We need our best against the ACC's best defense.***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:30 PM

This will force Wake to prepare for 2 QBs ...

Oct 30, 2014, 3:19 PM

...which means we might have a chance next week!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will force Wake to prepare for 2 QBs ...

Oct 30, 2014, 6:52 PM

Nothing more, nothing less. I'd bet the farm he doesn't play. No sense risking another injury against Weak Florist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 31, 2014, 1:24 AM

Amen. We can beat WF with any of our qbs and defense. No need to risk injury to DW in this game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2014, 10:33 AM

dabo has not been ruling peake out for the last 7 weeks. one hand to the helmet hit and he may not play next year either unless he can throw with his left hand. dabo has a bad record on rushing kids back too early. I just hope Watson can play against the coots.

Re: New Story: Swinney doesn't rule out Watson against Wake Forest

Oct 30, 2014, 2:30 PM

I figured this was coming, if he's throwing a football already and the game being still a week away. He'll at least dress out for emergency purposes. Hopefully Stoudt can lead some TD drives in this one tho.

Oct 30, 2014, 3:11 PM

At least we know there's a chance of Cole getting yanked when he goes on his next interception spree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 PM

Its pretty bad to have 40 more completions than someone and still have less passing yards.

Oct 30, 2014, 2:34 PM

I'm sure Stout appreciated that one

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

duuuude!!!!***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:38 PM

Dabo only said yes

Oct 30, 2014, 2:44 PM

to give the Devil's Playground something to talk about during the Bye week

So, who you calling the Devil?

Oct 30, 2014, 3:42 PM

ESPN? SCar? TigerNet? CUtiger2012? All of the above?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dabo calls the interwebz the devils playground

Oct 30, 2014, 4:01 PM

T-Net message boards

Response accepted.

Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM

So, the Devil is AlGore for inventing the internets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Dabo only said yes

Oct 30, 2014, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Dabo only said yes ]

That's a term for a steel cage in the WWE.

Stoudt needs to show up and let DW heal to 100%***

Oct 30, 2014, 3:16 PM

Told You

Oct 30, 2014, 3:17 PM

He's baaack

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

And in a related story, the line for CU/WF

Oct 30, 2014, 3:36 PM

has been take off the board.

The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it

Oct 30, 2014, 4:23 PM

Yep, bet he can throw the ball real well ! Let's not pull an "RG3" and ruin him for Life ! Let him heal proper and hope Cole does good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it

Oct 30, 2014, 4:25 PM

The screws aren't coming out.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The screws are the reason he has no pain and

Oct 30, 2014, 4:54 PM [ in reply to The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it ]

can throw the ball right now. His bone is probably healed.

No pain is HUGE.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The screws are not sticking out.

Oct 30, 2014, 4:57 PM [ in reply to The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it ]

They are in there for life. Probably not even much of a scar. I do agree though. Let him sit another week. Its wake, and we arent even talking usual Wake that can suprise some people.

You have no idea how the human body works or what modern medicine mainly sports rehabilitation is.

Oct 30, 2014, 5:26 PM [ in reply to The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it ]

Rg3 tore his acl and lcl, when you tear a ligament in your knee it's an uphill battle hoping they grow back right keeping swelling out and returning to full range of motion but when you tear 2+ ligaments it's extremely difficult to get over that and it's much longer to heal. Also it's a knee to a single finger how moronic is it to compare what one guy depended on to be successfull to what another one could have cut completely off and throw a pass to where he wanted and while it would take some time to learn how to do that and it wouldn't be the prettiest thrown ball , it's very much doable. In dumbed down terms to help you understand.....rg3 leg don't work right no more. He couldn't run like forrest any more. Deshaun Watsons finger hurts. He can still run around like forrest and throw the ball....That better? A bone especially is 10 times easier to manage than any ligament. Anything regarding any phalanges is not comparable to tearing a ligament anywhere. Fingers and toes break all the time and are literally the most common break there is. I'd rather break all my fingers and toes on one side than blow out my knee, knees are tough. Shoulders aren't fun at all either but fingers are bearable.

I could QB and we could beat Wake..just get him ready for Gt***

Oct 30, 2014, 8:42 PM

Re: The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it

Oct 30, 2014, 5:47 PM [ in reply to The Lad's got a broken finger with screws sticking out of it ]

not a finger, its a spiral fracture of the metacarpal of the index finger - the spiral part is what actually made it a simpler surgery - more overlapping bone results in being able to use screws rather than a plate to fixate it.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Swinney won't rule him out? Let me help

Oct 30, 2014, 5:48 PM

Watson's not playing next week.

Never rush back a broken bone

Oct 31, 2014, 11:11 AM

GTech is rushed enough. I'd be careful. I don't care how good it feels. Our I line isn't the greatest. People will be taking shots at that hand you can count on that. If it isn't healed it will be an ongoing problem for years.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic