Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Next In Line at Wide Receiver U
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Next In Line at Wide Receiver U

Oct 24, 2014, 7:01 AM

Next In Line at Wide Receiver U

Clemson’s receivers have drawn praise – and high draft grades – over the last few seasons. Sammy Watkins and Nuk Hopkins both drew first round grades, and Martavis Bryant was a fourth round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers despite leaving Clemson a year early. Can Mike Williams be the next in line? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Williams is the big man we need.

Oct 24, 2014, 7:25 AM

Bryant never became the every game threat that I feel Williams will be, or has become. Scott is becoming another nuk, possibly sammy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant did become an every game threat...

Oct 24, 2014, 8:44 AM

He was second on the team and receiving and came up big all season long.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant did become an every game threat...

Oct 26, 2014, 8:01 PM

He was at threat especially because of his speed, even though his last year he made lots of very nice catches. You could not ignore him at all, unless you were willing to pay a huge price. I believe we have several now who all are very much threats. I think we may be deeper with receiver threats now than ever. We just need to give our QB time to make his reads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Next In Line at Wide Receiver U

Oct 24, 2014, 8:06 AM

Jeff Scott is doing a great job in developing our receivers. He is a great judge of talent, and we have been very effective in getting the ball to those guys. Mike Williams is a mis-match nightmare for defenders, and we are doing a great job getting the ball in his hands while spreading it around to enough others to keep defenses guessing wherein the poison lies. We too deep at receiver, and I'm glad we are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2014, 8:26 AM

Don't forget Brown or Ford.

Oct 24, 2014, 8:57 AM

We have agreat, but young and eager group of wide receivers. Mike Williams is leading the "pack" and putting up great numbers. Green is coming along nicely and hope all the receivers keep up the.great job. Hope they stick around for all 4 years to help mentor the next group coming in ! GO TIGÈRS !!!

Williams then Scott then..

Oct 24, 2014, 10:32 AM

Deon Cain :)

Re: Williams then Scott then..

Oct 24, 2014, 12:18 PM

True that...when you watch Cain's highlight reel he looks like a carbon copy of Sammy.

The difference between a guy like Watkins and Williams is...

Oct 24, 2014, 1:39 PM

.....the hands. Sammy had stick'em on his gloves and caught every pass I have seen him catch with his hands. I have noticed that Mike Williams has a problem with trying to catch some of the throws with his body and that is where you have seen his drops happen this year. Just go back and look at the drops the ball bounces right off his chest but you take a look at Sammy, take this past Sunday for example, its as if he knows he isn't dropping that winning TD grab. He just plucks it right out of the air with his hands. I feel like if Mike can grow in that aspect of his game, catching the ball with his hands, that he could be dang near unstoppable. With his size and leaping ability there should be know DB out there that should contend with him on jump balls and the only reason they can at this point in his career is he try's to catch the football with his body....

"there should be NO DB" sorry wrote know and meant "NO".

Oct 24, 2014, 1:40 PM

Same thing with Bryant...

Oct 24, 2014, 2:51 PM [ in reply to The difference between a guy like Watkins and Williams is... ]

Bryant began by trying to catch with his body and dropped several in his junior year until he also changed to catching with his hands--success!

When will we become 'RunningameU?'

Oct 24, 2014, 1:44 PM

Coaches overpaid, no recruiting on the 0-line, missing on players, throwing backup QBs off the team for a little violent outburst, Ray Ray @ UF again and my last kid was born with read hair looking like the mailman.

Piff, what's four in a row when you've lost the only two games that really matter for like, what, 500 years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2014, 4:21 PM

Williams is better than Bryant RIGHT NOW!

Oct 26, 2014, 7:57 PM

I do think he is a better receiver, but Bryant certainly was much faster.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic