Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers not overlooking Syracuse despite the record; updates on Watson, Dye
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers not overlooking Syracuse despite the record; updates on Watson, Dye

Oct 21, 2014, 1:03 PM

Tigers not overlooking Syracuse despite the record; updates on Watson, Dye

Syracuse may be coming to Clemson with a losing record, but Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says the Orange are playing their best football of the season. What does Swinney say about Tyshon Dye? How is Deshaun Watson progressing? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, then what about Scott does remind you of Jacoby Ford?

Oct 21, 2014, 1:19 PM

Just wondering. Does he look like him?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

They're both speed guys but Scott is far and away better

Oct 21, 2014, 1:29 PM

Only in his last year did Jacoby really start to become a true WR. HE was always a track star playing football his first few years.

Scott is more quick than fast

Oct 21, 2014, 2:10 PM

Jacoby had world class speed and him getting downfield and blocking was a big part of why Spiller had so many kick return TDs.

Scott I think is a better receiver, but they're very different players overall.

Have we used him much on...........

Oct 21, 2014, 2:19 PM

kickoffs and/or punts? I don't remember seeing him, but possibly just missed it.

No he hasn't been back there this year.***

Oct 21, 2014, 2:23 PM

Artavis is quick AND fast, and has great hand.

Oct 21, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to They're both speed guys but Scott is far and away better ]

He goes and gets the ball. He is going to be a GREAT WR for Clemson. He already is. He will only get better. Clemson IS WR U!!!!

Let's bring in one or two great WRs every year. We can do it.

Can you imagine if we had DeShaun Watson last year? Or two years ago with Sammy and NUK?!?!?! OMG!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, then what about Scott does remind you of Jacoby Ford?

Oct 21, 2014, 5:40 PM [ in reply to OK, then what about Scott does remind you of Jacoby Ford? ]

That's pretty funny (about looking like Jacoby)

Gotta ask, very important....

Oct 21, 2014, 1:44 PM

Which Nerf??

Is it the standard Nerf Turbo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6bhyRwaM0

Is it the next gen Nerf Turbo SCREAMER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxupQgTr9c

Is it the Nerf VORTEX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox27e5q9fbI

Or is it the Nerf Pro Grip (you know, preparing for the NFL): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F0mkEZqdvs

If you think the game against NCSU was excellent, just wait till the let him play with a Vortex!

;)

Re: Gotta ask, very important....

Oct 21, 2014, 2:11 PM

If you're not chucking a screamer, you're doing it wrong.

Re: New Story: Tigers not overlooking Syracuse despite the record; updates on Watson, Dye

Oct 21, 2014, 3:09 PM

So... Cuse only scored 16 on WF's defense? How many do ya think they'll score on ours?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: New Story: Tigers not overlooking Syracuse despite the record; updates on Watson, Dye

Oct 21, 2014, 3:15 PM

Oct 21, 2014, 3:15 PM

"..becasee he's a freshman who has not played". You mean, like Watson was (who also came off an injury in the Spring and will be yet again, but was a freshman who had not played....which you are saying is now and still our starter)...interesting.

Would probably be better to say "because he's been limited in motion for a few years and has to get back in the swing of things and test it under game conditions."

TJ GREEN

Oct 21, 2014, 3:45 PM

I imagine he was a good return man in HS, but that hasn't translated to college.
Eventually it may, but until then. Try; A. Scott, or Alexander.

Re:Cuz he's a freshman

Oct 21, 2014, 4:03 PM

Don't forget, Watson is the exception, not the rule. Usually for freshmen, esp at RB, it takes a year to transition. Maybe Dye gets a few carries, but I can't see him contributing all that much. This is his first real week of practice. Plus, not many guys have come back from an Achilles tear in eight months.

LOL

Oct 21, 2014, 4:07 PM

Nooo...

talking about returns.

you must have meant to reply to another post.

Oct 21, 2014, 5:08 PM

Scott as well as Green would be great to start working out on kicks and punt returns. Both have great speed.and work ethic. They would add another dimension to special teams, and create.something else for opposing teams to worry about. Can you imagine both back there on a kick off. I think it would immensely improve the offenses starting field position. These guys could also put some points on the board real quick with their speed.
As far as Dye is concerned, I hope they bring him along slowly. Granted, RB position is thin, but he is recovering from an injury that usually takes 9 to 10 months to heal completely. I would hate to see him hurt again because he was trying to do to much to soon. If you have to pull CJ's redshirt, so be it. I hope CJ is getting some reps and preparation in case we have any more injuries at RB. GO TIGERS !!!!

Oct 22, 2014, 8:56 AM

Until our blockers actually hit someone, our kickoff and return teams will never have much success. Same with our oline. too many standing around watching instead of actually putting pads on someone. One or two blockers does not make a team. it takes doing your part blocking, unless you are carrying the rock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic