Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday night film review: Choice out for year, Dye close to ready
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Sunday night film review: Choice out for year, Dye close to ready

Oct 19, 2014, 7:20 PM

Sunday night film review: Choice out for year, Dye close to ready

Clemson suffered two significant injuries during Saturday's 17-13 win over Boston College, losing leading rusher Adam Choice to a torn ACL and tight end Jordan Leggett to a torn meniscus? Is Tyshon Dye ready to step in to replace Choice? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone think Dye can be a big contributor?

Oct 19, 2014, 8:00 PM

I hope he will add dimension and depth to key parts of our game. But will he be used more tha 5 or 10 times a game? He is probably still at the HS level mentally but by next year can be the top back. Maybe he becomes go to in the red zone for now.

Re: Anyone think Dye can be a big contributor?

Oct 19, 2014, 9:43 PM

I doubt he will get more than 5-10 touches next week, but with a bye and going to WF and GT he could end up getting just as many as Choice did. Dye is everything Morris wants in a RB just need to be careful not to hurt his career before it even starts

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Oct 20, 2014, 12:11 AM

I completely agree with you on that. I just hope that they're not trying to put him out there to much to soon. I would hate to see this talented guy's career end before it every really gets started. That being said, I don't see him being a noticeable contributor this season. Think about it, he's gone through maybe half of one off season. He is behind the curve, unless he is just that freakishly talented. Hopefully the latter, but I would expect him to see a major role next year. Now that I think about it, next years RB battle will be interesting as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Anyone think Dye can be a big contributor? ]

If 100% he will be our best rb on the roster! This kid would have started last year if healthy. Just really hope he can get healthy and stay that way!

Oct 19, 2014, 11:08 PM

Just have him agile, mobile and hostile for the 12th game...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone recently said that as of last week, Dye was...

Oct 19, 2014, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Anyone think Dye can be a big contributor? ]

...walking in a boot with a significant limp.

Now, I have had an achilles tendon rupture (as well as a torn ACL), and there was nothing I had ever experienced in pain that was as bad as rupturing my achilles, EXCEPT when I got my foot out of the cast. The achilles cast is formed with your foot pointed DOWN, NOT perpindicular to your ankle, so that the tendon can heal without tissue pressure. The result is that when you finally get your foot out of the cast, then you have a rehab that involves stretching the achiiles back into a normal running and walking action. That stretching activity was also extremely painful.

It honestly took me almost a year before my achilles felt normal when running and cutting on the basketball court.

I'll be stunned to see Dye at full strength during a live game so early in the recovery process.

I know the answer here is that Dye has been cleared by the doctors to go full speed, but if so, why did someone report seeing him with a significant limp in a boot just a week ago?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

because

Oct 20, 2014, 12:06 AM

it's the internet, maybe?

Re: Someone recently said that as of last week, Dye was...

Oct 20, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Someone recently said that as of last week, Dye was... ]

He has been practicing some. I expect that if Dabo says he's ready to turn loose, Dabo will let him loose, but if he isn't ready, we won't see him until he is. I trust Dabo to do what is right for Tyshon, no matter how bad we may need him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone recently said that as of last week, Dye was...

Oct 20, 2014, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Someone recently said that as of last week, Dye was... ]

Athletes recover more quickly because it's their job to. They see a physical therapist daily, we see one once or twice a week or there times a week.

9 months for an Achilles injury is not far off from the norm for athletes these days. One year is more common for the regulars, while longer than that isn't unheard of either.

WE TOO DEEP!!!

Oct 20, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Anyone think Dye can be a big contributor? ]

Boy, we've had our fair share of injuries this year haven't we?

Keep grinding, boys. The schedule definitely gets a little easier down the stretch. I hope to be hitting on all cylinders for usuck. Ga Tech won't be able to do squat on our D.

But, personally, I don't expect to see Dye very soon. I hope I'm wrong though because I'm really excited to see him play.

Oct 20, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Anyone think Dye can be a big contributor? ]

I am going to believe in him... lets support him. I think he will be okay.

Re: New Story: Sunday night film review: Choice out for year, Dye close to ready

Oct 20, 2014, 4:22 AM

That really sucks for Choice. He looked like he was developing into a go-to RB for us. He could have been very good by season's end. Now he'll just have to be very good next season. It's tough to see us struggling at RB position with health and behavior issues.
I agree that as much as I would love to see Dye return with a vengeance this season, I would rather wait a little longer than put him in a bad position. He's already been through a lot in his short college career. I don't want to see him go through any more bad luck. Here's to a speedy recovery for Adam and hoping that Tyshon can finally get his career going.

Re: New Story: Sunday night film review: Choice out for year, Dye close to ready

Oct 20, 2014, 8:39 AM

What behavior issues? Haven't heard that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2014, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday night film review: Choice out for year, Dye close to ready ]

What's those RB behavior issues you speak of? haven't seen anything about behavior in the RB core...

Zac Brooks: injury - Foot
Adam Choice: injury - ACL
Tyshon Dye (till now): injury - Achilles
Kurt Fleming: issues with academics and possible personal (girlfriend) issues

Wayne Gallman: playing and no behavior issues reported
C.J. Davidson: playing and no behavior issues reported
D.J Howard: playing and no behavior issues reported

C.J. Fuller: likely red shirted, no behavior issues reported
Alex Goode: have no clue on status, but no behavior issues reported

Oct 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

If Dye is ready and released by Doctor, start him off slow. He has had a traumatic start to his college career and would hate to see him injured again from playing wide open to soon. Maybe consider for depth reasons, pulling redshirt from CJ Fuller and start getting him ready to play. Hope Adam Choice has a speedy recovery and will be ready for spring.

Oct 20, 2014, 11:51 AM

Hate it for Choice and Leggett ... The rest will step it up ... we believe in all of our Tigers. Keep your focus. Again ... Tiger Defense ... you did good... keep it up ... Believe in each other... Believe and Execute... the 1st two letters of believe is (BE) ... keep on! doing what you guys are doing. Defense keep climbing to be the best defense in the nation. Good Job! I Believe in my Tigers

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic