Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville fans - they kind of liked their trip to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,302

Louisville fans - they kind of liked their trip to Clemson

Oct 13, 2014, 7:54 PM

I hate to think what they would be saying if they had won the game.....

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/10/13/6969647/louisville-clemson-recap-2014-spike-petrino

some quotes:

"Walking around and taking in the sights before and after the game, I definitely felt like the lifelong minor league player getting called up to the bigs for the first time."

"The tailgate scene is a world we're not used to. Everyone has team-themed tents, they decorate their tailgate tables with team-specific items and orange purple flowers and table clothes, and they all have TVs nicer than any of the ones in my house. They get there early, they get into the game on time, and then they head back to their tailgates and keep things going well after the final second has ticked off the close. There's an overwhelming sense of "this is just what we do on Saturdays," and it's pretty cool."

"There was a moment at one point in the first quarter where the place was going nuts and I had to remind myself that I was at a Louisville football game. The whole weekend felt like an official baptism into the world of big-time college football."

best road trip I have made in 30 years of road trips
"Those people can party like no other, and they are so friendly. I felt more at home 400 miles away in South Carolina than I have ever felt anywhere outside of Jefferson County. Jello shots, turkey legs, white chili, gratuitous beers, wine, man, I even had lady offer me a tent so I could be in the shade. The only thing I wasn’t offered was carnal knowledge, so I am saving that for 2016. Next trip I bring my boat, my bike, my dog, and stay like a month."

"The highest of compliments to Clemson on the atmosphere and hospitality. I wish I’d taken pictures from our beautiful tailgate location up the hill near the amphitheater. Every fan I met was so friendly and welcoming. My first encounters brought surprise and amusement that somehow I’d run into the nicest Clemson fans possible… But it happened again and again, without exception. Then I heard the same stories repeated from all of the 36 people on our bus trip. I can’t wait to travel there again and suggest that all of you add it to your football bucket list. Clemson IS the big time!"

"Every.Thing. about Saturday was awesome (minus the last 45 seconds of the game). The trip in, the beach (holy ####! Their school has a freaking beach!), the fans – we hadn’t been onsite for 15 minutes yet and had already been greeted by as many Clemson fans. Seriously, if this is what ACC football is all about, it’s time for us to step our games up as fans."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn with a lake.

Oct 13, 2014, 8:09 PM

And of course all the rejects and malefactors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn with a lake.

Oct 13, 2014, 8:40 PM

Auburn couldn't be Clemson if it had the Atlantic Ocean on its campus. The only thing we have in common with them is one of their many mascot names and Land Grant University status. The similarities end right there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. ANd they sure don't have the trees......too soon?***

Oct 13, 2014, 9:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice***

Oct 13, 2014, 8:14 PM

Re: Louisville fans - they kind of liked their trip to Clemson

Oct 13, 2014, 8:16 PM

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Clemson is A-#1 !!!!!
I went to College Station to see us play Texas A&M a few years ago and their fans were very cool, too, and even Florida fans (when Tebow was there and they were #1 and could have been real ***holes) were surprisingly cordial, but NO ONE comes close to the experience at Clemson on game day.....

Ran into numerous groups of their fans before and after the

Oct 13, 2014, 8:17 PM

game and they all were having a good time and had been treated well throughout the day. Even the ones after the game had a good experience even given the outcome.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville fans - they kind of liked their trip to Clemson

Oct 13, 2014, 8:44 PM

Great comments by the Louisville fans. They saw what we get to experience every home game. I hope they don't think the rest of the ACC is like us. If they do, they will be sadly mistaken. That said, we should be proud of ourselves for being who we are. Everybody should try it! I will say also the Louisville fans we met were very nice cordial fans also. Welcome, Louisville! Come back often!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. We have a beach!***

Oct 13, 2014, 8:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

sat by several

Oct 13, 2014, 8:55 PM

In TDP.

Really knowledgable fans - respectful and honestly was very nice chatting back and forth.

And handshakes all around at the end....

I'm sorry Mr. Cardinal, but the PA system had NOTHING, ZERO,

Oct 13, 2014, 8:59 PM

NADA, to do with the crowd noise.

I love the fact they are in the ACC***

Oct 13, 2014, 9:06 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic