Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL

Oct 8, 2014, 7:01 AM

Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL

One member of the media tried in vain Tuesday to go ahead and put freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson in the NFL, but head coach Dabo Swinney made it clear he wants Watson around for a few more seasons. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL

Oct 8, 2014, 7:17 AM

I agree with Coach's last statement.
No more hurdling.

Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL

Oct 8, 2014, 8:14 AM

I agree. But it sure was pretty!

Oct 8, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL ]

If all Tiger fans were to be honest, we all held our breath until we saw that DeShaun was OK after that heroic hurdle for a TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2014, 9:08 AM

Did the defender even touch him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2014, 9:37 AM

If you don't pay close attention you don't see that the defender was actually looking to see where Deshaun had went. It was like his expression was, where did he go!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2014, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL ]

I'm more worried about non-contact injuries.

Oct 8, 2014, 12:06 PM

Yep. Bad landings cause A LOT of injuries.....Please, no more flying unless you have someone to land on

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I understand everyones concern but Deshaun is a player and

Oct 8, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL ]

I say let him play. He knows what he is doing and would not have done that if he saw a LB coming over and no he was not touched.

In watching a replay it looks as if his trailing leg hits

Oct 8, 2014, 9:18 AM

the defenders helmet. The guys head moves for some reason any way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than that, it's the way he lands on the one leg

Oct 8, 2014, 10:56 AM

in the end zone. He landed really awkwardly - I was in the stands and couldn't see the landing that well, but watching it later, he could have really done some knee damage with that landing.

Re: More than that, it's the way he lands on the one leg

Oct 8, 2014, 12:07 PM

Or a shoulder, collar bone(!!!!!), etc

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Just let the kid/Pro play!

Oct 8, 2014, 9:57 AM [ in reply to I understand everyones concern but Deshaun is a player and ]

When you get tentative is when you second guess yourself and get hurt. He plays really loose and that will save a ton of injuries. No matter what sport when you tighten up you get hurt.

Ok, of course I have never been a 5 star QB with the maturity of a 30 year old. At his age I was trying to talk myself into doing my schoolwork verses going to the gym, playing video games, having keg parties and chasing girls.

Watson is a once in a lifetime QB for us. We need to sit back and enjoy it. I'm so glad he didn't go somewhere else and I know he is too now. He will help our recruiting for years to come. I knew he was going to be good but not phenomenal right out of the gate. You know Cole has to be like why me. Winston would sit behind Watson...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Just let the kid/Pro play!

Oct 8, 2014, 12:47 PM

If DeShaun and Jameis went to the same school at the same time, yes I believe that DW would start. And Jameis would be off the team for bad behavior. Its easy to let one go when the better one is the good kid....

Re: Just let the kid/Pro play!

Oct 8, 2014, 1:48 PM

We have a great QB. Cole is like "Dang it!"

Too exciting or too effective?***

Oct 8, 2014, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2014, 9:34 AM

I dont want to see Deshaun get hurt and held my breath after he landed. But any way you look at it that was an amazing hurdle and I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing, He's one hell of a QB and will only get better with time.

Re: New Story: Swinney wants Watson to pass biology before media sends the freshman to the NFL***

Oct 8, 2014, 5:55 PM

His biology passed with flying colors on that leap.***

Oct 8, 2014, 6:52 PM

"Even though several high-profile programs came calling..."

Oct 8, 2014, 8:30 PM

I'm sure David didn't mean it as a slight, but the mentality that Clemson is second class is subtly perpetuated nonetheless. I find this idea runs rampant through the fan base. It's the entire basis of the sunshine pumper mentality. It's present in every 'stop complaining so much,' post to which the subtext is almost always that Clemson can't do any/much better. They said it under Bowden, they say it now and I'm pretty sure they've convinced themselves it's true. Throw away lines like this don't help.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic