Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation

Oct 1, 2014, 7:45 PM

Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney announced after Wednesday’s practice that right tackle Joe Gore would be out at least the next two weeks after having an emergency appendectomy Wednesday afternoon. What other injury news did he share? What does he say about playing running backs Adam Choice and Wayne Gallman?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation

Oct 1, 2014, 7:53 PM

Spencer Region?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 8:42 PM

Gallman is not a premier RB. Choice may be. I think Kurt Fleming is the future there, but needs an Ol that can or is willing to block somebody. But, Dabo thinks that Battle is an NFL type talent. Give me a break. I just wish that DW had some support. We put the game on his back, and the likely result is that he gets injured. And no, Cole Stoudt can't win for us.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:16 PM

Slumdog have you ever had a positive tought in your life? i have never seen anyone who is no negative in every comment you make. I hope you don't have or ever do have children or pets ...

Oct 2, 2014, 7:20 PM

You know, your are probably right. I've had a really tough year, and probably live vicariously through Clemson football to an excessive degree. Maybe I demand perfection. Some famous person once said that, "There is
nothing sadder than a man who has settled tor less than he can be." I guess this is my feeling about a number of our players----something that obviously affects the whole team. Maybe I'm wrong. But I have to agree with Hood who observed that with a distressing consistency the "wheels seem to come off" with our program. I like to think of myself as a realist, but maybe at times I skew to the negative side. Even with Joe Gore's operation, he wasn't scheduled to start. I'm no expert, but when you have man-eaters like Crowder, put him in. At least he will smash somebody in the mouth. Yeah, play those big freshmen if they are aggressive and will fire off the ball and hit someone. But coaches are always right Just ask Ken Hatfield, Red Parker, and Tommy Bowden. On the positive side, we have one of the best QB's in the country. Just wish he had a better supporting cast.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation ]

I have seen a lot of FB in my 62 years of being a hard core FB fan. And I'm asking you guy to trust me when I say that Adam Choice is going to be one whale of, H&LL of a RB for us. Maybe not all there this season b/c he really needs a full year in the weight room to gain more strength. But for sure without no doubts no where in my mind, Adam Choice will be the man between the tackles, and coming out of the back field to catch the ball. He will!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is for sure.

Oct 2, 2014, 4:05 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation ]

You are most miserable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation ]

I love the way Kurt runs but I have seen him fumble and last week he came in to block and false started on the goal line. He sure is fun to watch though. I hope he gets it together.

Oct 2, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday, Swinney talks running back rotation ]

Well Hell, we might as well just not play the rest of the season if we are so awful.

We have the second best stable of backs in the ACC. We are doing fine.

Re: New Story: Gore has surgery Wednesday - Our OL

Oct 1, 2014, 8:48 PM

it is always something. Just unreal. Guys quitting w medicals, getting the red a** and transferring, and so forth. Amazing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 9:33 PM

Oh, really? The OL is dependable? Really? I am glad to know they finally have come around. We've been waiting for about 15 years, and as of last week they weren't ready. Wake up! The OL is the problem, and it has been for an eon. There is no push, no holes, no creases, even for a back to consistently count on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 11:02 AM

Be careful with reality. Some on the board just can't take it.

Oct 5, 2014, 9:09 PM

You are right, but I must admit that the OL looked a whole lot better on Saturday. They were very dominant. I hope they have learned a valuable lesson about taking ownership and handling the resplnsibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 AM

Sure hope Gore's surgery went well. He will be missed on the O line which needs all the help it can get. Pulling the redshirt off the 2 freshman maybe what it is going to take to get the depth built up if they can get game ready in short amount of time.

A mistaken Gallman is better than #22. Sorry, its true***

Oct 2, 2014, 8:53 AM

Wish they'd coach up Fleming on ball security & false start.***

Oct 2, 2014, 1:50 PM

Re: Wish they'd coach up Fleming on ball security & false start.***

Oct 2, 2014, 7:26 PM

So he made a couple of mistakes. Is the answer to bench him and play inferior backs? What are coaches supposed to do. Coach, right. He still won't have any blocking.

Re: Wish they'd coach up Fleming on ball security & false start.***

Oct 3, 2014, 8:29 AM

Fleming can block for himself. He is going to be a bad###.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic