Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brownell previews season, challenges fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Brownell previews season, challenges fans

Oct 1, 2014, 1:36 PM

Brownell previews season, challenges fans

Head basketball coach Brad Brownell met with the media Wednesday during his annual media golf outing, and he previewed the 2014-15 season, talked about the freshmen and challenged Clemson fans to show up in December like they did during Clemson's NIT run last season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just gonna go ahead and call it now

Oct 1, 2014, 1:49 PM

at some point this year... tnet will call for bb to be fired

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Fire Brownlee!***

Oct 1, 2014, 1:52 PM

Re: I'm just gonna go ahead and call it now

Nov 3, 2014, 7:29 AM [ in reply to I'm just gonna go ahead and call it now ]

My opinion is exactly opposite of yours. Brad BROWNELL is building a good program the right way. His players are not only good in basketball, but also good young men that we can be proud of. My prediction is that BB and his teams will consistently out perform pre-season polls, and Clemson Basketball will prosper under his leadership.

WHO ? ? ? ? ?

Oct 1, 2014, 3:11 PM

I keed, I keed ! ! ! ! I'M JUST KIDDING ! ! ! !

I hope we blow it up this year in basketball. Especially in that tree huggin', baby blue place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: WHO ? ? ? ? ?

Oct 1, 2014, 3:14 PM

Replacing KJ is gonna be hard

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can say that again ! ! !***

Oct 1, 2014, 3:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: WHO ? ? ? ? ?

Oct 1, 2014, 3:14 PM [ in reply to WHO ? ? ? ? ? ]

Replacing KJ is gonna be hard

Well done !***

Oct 1, 2014, 3:18 PM

Nnoko at the foul line & passing off to 4 guards cutting

Oct 1, 2014, 3:42 PM

backdoor or coming off screens is the type of offense I see working best for the athletic kind of players we have now. Defensively I see a good bit of man or matchup zone as the biggest possibility. Pressing with Nnoko on the inbounder should be very effective too. It's going to take several guys stepping up ALOT to fill the shoes of KJ McDaniels.

I thought one or two of the frosh were lights out shooters.

Oct 1, 2014, 3:56 PM

Now that they are here, they become projects....Really?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought one or two of the frosh were lights out shooters.

Oct 1, 2014, 4:09 PM

Always. Same deal w every class

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can all shoot-just downplaying expectations on

Oct 1, 2014, 5:56 PM [ in reply to I thought one or two of the frosh were lights out shooters. ]

freshmen, something every coach does. Grantham has a real chance to start at 3, but Ajukwa will give him definite competition there. Devoe and Rooks PT will be predicated on defense. You have to remember they have Harrision and Roper ahead of them, so they have time to grow. We'll be a much better shooting team this year, and that is how we'll make up for the loss of KJ

Good post. No coach is ever going to say a freshman is

Oct 1, 2014, 10:01 PM

going to shoot lights out. Talk about pressure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D stinks in most high schools***

Oct 1, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to I thought one or two of the frosh were lights out shooters. ]

Freshmen in the lineup

Oct 1, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to I thought one or two of the frosh were lights out shooters. ]

Brad Brownell always likes to downplay his players. I think the one player he consistently said was good was KJ, and he even gave KJ bad comments at the end of some games. I think the Freshman will be able to contribute. Especially Grantham and Rooks.

I see Landry being the 5, Jaron at 4, Harrison at 3, Roper at 2, and Hall at the Point. With Grantham coming in at the 3 or 4 spot, and Rooks filling in at 2. It might be a little tougher for Rooks to get in the lineup because of Ajukwa but I still think he will get some minutes.

I think our biggest strength this year will be our various lineups when can throw in. We can go big with Hall, Harrison, Grantham, Blossomgame, and Landry. Or we can go small with Hall, Roper, Harrison, Grantham/Blossomgame, and Landry.

Roper will be the 6th man-Grantham or Ajukwa will start

Oct 1, 2014, 10:59 PM

at 3. Devoe and Rooks will earn minutes when Brownell becomes comfortable with their defense

He's my favorite HC at Clemson

Oct 1, 2014, 6:00 PM

He is slowly but surely building a very solid foundation for the future of Clemson basketball. Outstanding personality and character, very good at putting together game plans, one of the better developers of talent, understands where Clemson is in the pecking order of basketball, seems to embrace the challenge of being at HC at Clemson, is humble but confident, supports his players but is honest in his assessment of their skills and capabilities. What's not to like about this guy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's my favorite HC at Clemson

Oct 1, 2014, 6:45 PM

Dittos sb to all you wrote! The new announcer looks like he could be BB's younger brother.....

as he has done these last 2 seasons...

Oct 2, 2014, 8:53 AM

...no mention of Jordan Roper as being a cog in the wheel, but yet JR gives him every aspect of the game from a guard position. In this regard, BB reminds me of Cliff Ellis, he sees a "bigger" player as being the "better" player and that could be a mistake when you have a team with no clear cut No. 1 guy.
We need a strong post option, but Nnoko still hasn't proven to be that option yet. He has shown through a few times but not enough to be the third option.
All I'm saying is that JR has skills needed for this team and has already shown them, so he shouldn't be forgotten about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He talked about Roper in that last section

Oct 2, 2014, 9:01 AM

said he had high hopes for him to be that microwave player off the bench this year. That's the perfect role for him, as instant offense. He's going to play a ton behind Hall and Harrison, even with them if we go small sometimes

Re: He talked about Roper in that last section

Oct 2, 2014, 9:47 AM

I only read the article, I didn't watch his video and there is no mention of him in this article. But regardless, JR. has earned his spot so if there is any other 2 starting, it is a result of the bigger is better scenario because those other guys haven't played up to JR's level just yet. The potential is definitely there, but hasn't been fully displayed yet. Part of Filer's issue last year was his opinion that he deserved the spot ahead of JR, but he hadn't earned it, therefore you get his transfer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hall and Harrison have both earned the starting nods

Oct 2, 2014, 11:20 AM

over Roper. Hall's the team leader, a 3 year starter. Harrison was the teams second best player the last 6 weeks of last season. Jordan will get plenty of minutes, but he has yet to prove he can play the point and he hasn't beat out Harrison. Nothing to do with size, though he is a liability defensively because of being just 6'0 against many teams as a 2 guard. He'll thrive as a 6th man, and be one of our leading scorers in that role

Re: Hall and Harrison have both earned the starting nods

Oct 2, 2014, 2:45 PM

I'll agree to disagree on this because JR is always a backup at the point, but Harrison has not been better than JR even defensively. Nobody other than KJ and Rod Hall was a consistent defensive player.. Jordan is the best of he, Harrison and Ajukwa offensively and you can flip a coin between those three defensively but Jordan was second to KJ in steals. Jordan being a defensive liability at the 2 is only based in hyperbole. The film doesn't really bear that out. But the film does bear out his offense is best of those three.

The film? Jordan was absent for over a month last year

Oct 2, 2014, 2:57 PM

on the film. He cannot guard a larger guard. He's an energy guy and a scorer, and that's what he'll be. Roper has received very few minutes at PG as Filer was the backup to Hall. The reason Harrison didn't lose minutes last year was because of his defense. When his offense clicked the last 6 weeks he was the second leading scorer and a very good defender, which he's always been. Steals are one measure of defense, not the only one. But I can guarantee you this, if Jordan beats out Harrison, he'll start. Brownell plays who is playing best. I actually look for Roper to have a really good year and be a real spark for us

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic