Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris cautions his young quarterback on perils of fame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris cautions his young quarterback on perils of fame

Sep 29, 2014, 6:10 PM

Morris cautions his young quarterback on perils of fame

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris told the media Monday that he understands the pressures that freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson is going to face, and he has cautioned his young signal caller about not buying into the hype. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember...

Sep 29, 2014, 6:26 PM

;)

Re: Remember...

Sep 30, 2014, 6:13 AM

May God help him if he ever shows human frailty, some people would gladly toss him aside for the "next big thing." Coach Morris is doing what EVERY good coach/man would do, he is preparing him for what can happen when dealing with fame and greatness. We live in a world, especially in college football, where you're only as good as your last game! Glad to see our coaches teaching life lessons, good job!

More like "Remember that you'll make us look bad if you...

Sep 30, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Remember... ]

do too good. I guess they forgot to tell him this against UNC. He really made a fool of Chad and Dabo. Or rather they made fools of themselves.

Re: New Story: Morris cautions his young quarterback on perils of fame

Sep 29, 2014, 6:32 PM

Nice article...very good coaching advice. What killed me was he said, "I can do a lot more than Saturday" OMG, WHAT's it going to be like when he is clicking? WOW!

Sep 29, 2014, 8:18 PM

Chad should have been talking to himself. What a shame we can't offer this potential superstar a decent OL, running game or really good play calling. And a D that doesn't collapse in the second half. DW is carrying this team on his back right now. Too bad.

Sep 29, 2014, 8:26 PM

Slumdog, I bet I'm not the only one that's tired of all your complaining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 8:28 PM

Why would you think I care. I express my opinions. If you don't like it, TS.

That's Not An Opinion

Sep 29, 2014, 9:11 PM

that's a Cocklover whose prepping for the loss to Kentucky and who is scared sh1tless about the beat down come Nov. a punk whose never played ball and if confronted would run screaming like 4 yr old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 30, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris cautions his young quarterback on perils of fame ]

slumdog your pulse says everything we need to know. If you are so smart why aren't you making big bucks coaching?

Sep 29, 2014, 6:39 PM

Tajh would be a good mentor

why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this?

Sep 29, 2014, 6:45 PM

Is it because of Winston? Watson is nothing like that and they should be able to see that. That seems to be the reason they played Stoudt to beging with, they really don't Watson to get cocky.

Dey wants to Bring DW down so they can put CS in***

Sep 29, 2014, 6:51 PM

Re: Dey wants to Bring DW down so they can put CS in***

Sep 29, 2014, 8:22 PM

Yeah, start Cole and DJ Howard---we don't win another game.

Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this?

Sep 29, 2014, 7:08 PM [ in reply to why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

Winston. Manziel. Cam Newton. Matt Leinart. And a long, long, long litany of others, going back to Ryan Leaf and Todd Marinovich and innumerable others before that, who got The Big Head and let being a BMOC inflate their opinions of themselves to the point they thought they walked on water...and ended up - or are in the process of - washing out of the NFL because they didn't keep building their craft and improving every week.

For every guy like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck who were All That in college, there's a half-dozen others who couldn't handle the bright lights and instant fame with aplomb. Some, like Ryan Perriloux (I know, who? But he was the #1 dual-threat in the country just a few years back) never even got that far because they couldn't even handle the recruiting end with aplomb, and were entitled divas before they ever set foot on campus.

It's a concern, especially as good as Watson is, and as fast as he's rising. So far he's come across as the polar opposite of Winston.

Let us hope he remains so.

Sep 29, 2014, 7:50 PM

Ditto. Good post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Sep 30, 2014, 10:52 AM

just think Kelly - how would he be if he was starter now?

Wow, forgot all about Marinovich

Sep 29, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

That special/docu on him not too long ago was a great watch.

Sounded like he's finally (maybe) found his way after 40....but also seemed maybe teetering on complete meltdown and addiction.

Sep 29, 2014, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

Excellent post.
Didn't perriloux burn out at LSU and then end up at Jacksonville State?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

I'm much more concerned about our lack of an OL, running game, and over-hyped defense, which was exposed against a weak UNC team.

Jesus, do you ever say anything positive?***

Sep 30, 2014, 8:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sep 29, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

That was the most thoughtful and insightful post I had ever read on T-Net. You are the Anti-Slumdog and the polar opposite of razzmatazz. STANDING OVATION!!

You whine about my posts like liberals whine about Fox News.

Sep 29, 2014, 9:27 PM

Funny thing is... I post lots of positive comments (a few recent examples follow), but you seem so intolerant of differing opinions that any balance or critique bothers you. I honestly feel bad for you FEEL. I can't imagine what it must be like to be so intolerant.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15846768#15846768

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15790898�

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15783856�

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15779658

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15777119#15777119

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15776994

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776122�

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776050�

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776036�

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776004�

Excellent post.***

Sep 29, 2014, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

Have you heard of the Crab Legs man? Media and power currupts! One individual is not bigger than the team.

Sep 30, 2014, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

My guess is he will stay grounded. 2 reasons he mentioned: he reads his Bible and he talks to his Mom a lot. Both will help keep him who he has been raised to be. This guy is a keeper!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 8:20 PM [ in reply to why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

IMHO, they don't have a clue.

Sep 30, 2014, 5:37 AM

There is nothing H about your O

You do know the "H" means "humble", right?***

Sep 30, 2014, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: why are the coaches seemingly so concerned about this? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'd guess the Tebow & Watson types are innately grounded.

Sep 29, 2014, 9:37 PM

I think it's good that Morris had the conversation with Watson, but I'd guess that Watson's personality and behavior will be unaffected by the fame & Morris's speech. I imagine Tim Tebow and Jameis Winston got similar speeches which didn't change who they are and how they behave.

Re: I'd guess the Tebow & Watson types are innately grounded.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:27 AM

Razz, I don't see either of them changing "who they are". That is sad for Winston. I doubt he ever reaches his potential, as a player or as a man. Tebow, on the other hand has and is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

am I the only one seeing the coaches

Sep 30, 2014, 12:24 AM

Dumping on him. Morris basically said that he was a friendless loser and would be a friendless loser unless he performed well. The clemson students I know are not like that at all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was clearly a metaphor explaining that the bandwagoners

Sep 30, 2014, 12:32 AM

and analysts will love you as long as you're performing well, but once that success turns to a couple of weeks of failure, many of them will turn on him.

I'm sure he didn't have any trouble finding people to hang out with on campus. But obviously he's getting much more attention in the media and on campus after his performance the past couple weeks. His friends, family, and teammates will of course stand by his side. It's the superficial ones that will only support him as long as he's putting up big numbers and helping us win football games.

For example, if you were to take a random sample of posts off of Tnet, it wouldn't be hard to start to believe that the fanbase is anti-Chad Morris and many people think that he doesn't know the first thing about football. There are some people that simply cannot be happy unless they have a reason to complain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't it just be simpler to ###### the tin foil hat off..

Sep 30, 2014, 6:09 AM

his head and slap him around a little? You know your words fall on the ignorant and emotionally insane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: am I the only one seeing the coaches

Sep 30, 2014, 3:00 AM [ in reply to am I the only one seeing the coaches ]

All the students started loving him long before he even played a game here. I was at cookout during the spring and everyone was taking pictures with him trying to get him to hang out. He is one of the most genuinely nice people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He always asks to hear stories from students and never talks about himself. He had a persona that everyone loved before ESPN was writing articles, much like Boyd had here before he started.

Sep 30, 2014, 7:07 PM

Seems Chad Morris may want to listen to himself being the highest paid OC at on time and seemingly forgetting the play calling that got him that pay.

Sep 30, 2014, 10:03 PM

Good article David. Chad had that conversation to help DW maintain what he is all about. I know several students in different classes with him, and they all say the same thing. Very humble and easy going. Very attentive in class, and one of the nicest easy going and.polite individuals she knows.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic