Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: UNC Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: UNC Review

Sep 29, 2014, 10:46 AM

UNC Review

UNC Review
There were a lot of great things that came out of the 50-35 win over North Carolina Saturday night in Death Valley. Garry Peters
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: UNC Review

Nov 24, 2012, 11:46 PM

Hey Mickey...
Don't worry about Stoudt and coaches.

So they threw Cole in the 2nd quarter. I am glad they did. The staff now has more than enough evidence to show Cole and the team that DW is the QB going forward. Cole had every chance.

We are not a 2 QB team. They wanted to give the senior who won the job in Spring and Fall a chance to play. His series did nothing. He missed a throw or two. Perhaps the line did not block as well. But DW has had the same personnel and same line.

I think you will see less and less of Cole Stoudt playing unless it is in blowouts.

But really, were you ever worried that Clemson would be in trouble in first half or in second?

No. You weren't. Unless you just wanted to be worked up and anxious for no reason.

So relax and trust the staff. They know much more than you do.

Leading off with how skrong our Peters was, love it***

Sep 29, 2014, 11:46 AM

They put him in on the 4th series

Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 PM

Just like they did for DW. A shame, because DW likely wouldn't have underthrown Mike on that first play and definitely wouldn't have thrown two horrible sideline passes. Just more evidence in Watson's favor. Hopefully they won't do that going forward.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:22 PM

Very strange to see a backup quarterback go in when a) the starter is playing great and b) the game isn't in the bag. It's as if the coaches think CS "deserves" to play; that they are sentimental about him being TB's backup for so long. That's not a good life lesson for anybody.
I was MVP in high school my freshman year. By the time I was a senior, I was on the bench. The youngsters were better. Tough lesson, but a good one: teams play to win.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:43 PM

The first pass Cole threw was as good a pass as was thrown all night. The only reason it wasn't a TD was pass interference by a UNC D-back because he knew he was beaten.

Sep 29, 2014, 2:11 PM

You're absolutely right. It was a perfect long distance touchdown pass had there not been interference.
I am as impressed with Watson as anyone, but there's no need to diss Stout.He has contributed a lot more to Clemson than any of the naysayers on this board. If Watson were not available, we would be in good hands with Cole.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: UNC Review ]

And sorry, the game was not out of reach, especially in the 4th quarter.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic