Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables on his defense: "They played their guts out"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables on his defense: "They played their guts out"

Sep 21, 2014, 1:32 PM

Venables on his defense: "They played their guts out"

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables didn't mince words following Saturday's loss to Florida St., saying that his defense played its guts out and left everything they had out on the field. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes they did***

Sep 21, 2014, 1:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes they did***

Sep 21, 2014, 9:56 PM

Negatives rushing yards near the end or at the end of regulation play. That what I called "(OPERATION SHUTDOWN) TO THE NUMBER ONE RANKED TEAM IN THE NATION". These guys should wear this title well, and can look forward to work to get EVEN BETTER by the end of the season. Anything could happen by the end of this year season. Every top rank teams has been on the ropes this year and had to fight for dear life to avoid a lost. Some didn't survive. This is going to be an interesting year in college football by the time it comes down to playoff selection. SO CONTINUE TO FIGHT ON DEFENSE. THERE'S STILL ALOT OF FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED, AND REMEMBER THIS PHASE "ANY GIVEN SATURDAY".

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

I agree. Heck of a job. Few errors. Phantom facemask penalty

Sep 21, 2014, 1:49 PM

Played their hearts out. Too bad Alexander tripped on that one long TD throw.

Too bad it was wasted. Keep it up D. One day, maybe the...

Sep 21, 2014, 1:49 PM

other units will help out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Too bad it was wasted. Keep it up D. One day, maybe the...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:07 PM

Few years ago it was the def that was the liability as the offense won the games. I believe our offense is still good but we have played two really good teams this year in their house. We should have won if it hadn't been for two missed FGs and a fumble late. We will improve it just stinks we had to play Ga and FSU so early I think if we had time to develop our younger guys we could have beaten them both. Oh well just have to move on now and and finish well and beat the coots

Re: Too bad it was wasted. Keep it up D. One day, maybe the...

Sep 22, 2014, 10:14 AM

Not unless someone wises up regarding the awful play-calling in critical short yardage situations.

Re: New Story: Venables on his defense: "They played their guts out"

Sep 21, 2014, 2:04 PM

Great Job coach V

Sep 21, 2014, 2:08 PM

I was very proud of the way the defense played aggressively and was Alexander not awesome(that fall down on the Rashad Greene notwithstanding)?

Let down by offense and special teams... ugh-gain***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let down by offense and special teams... ugh-gain***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:46 PM

Our offense done enough to win that game. One Catman and we walk out of dope county victoriously hands down, undisputed!!!

Coaches should put a couple of someones by Lakip with one of those gigantic Q-tip looking fighting sticks. And at 2.5 seconds after the snap, the ball better be heading toward the uprights. Or Lakip starts getting mugged with those Q tips. Maybe that would teach him to kick better under pressure. It might be worth a try b/c he is absolutely awful kicking under pressure. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let down by offense and special teams... ugh-gain***

Sep 21, 2014, 3:14 PM

It might be time to try the freshman they are trying to redshirt.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:26 PM

Agree coach v. That's the way I expect my tigers to play d. Shoulda been up 21 by the time they scored late. I am proud of this unit.

Coach V earns his paycheck.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach V earns his paycheck.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

Yes he dose. But we have a coach that badly needs to go to Slurriers school of play calling.

LOL. What has Slurrier done other than lose to teams like

Sep 21, 2014, 3:18 PM

Tennessee when he has a chance at an SEC East title?

It amazes me how even seemingly knowledgeable Clemson fans lose sight of the big picture after a loss. Here's a FACT - Without Chad Morris, there's no way in he!! we're 8th in wins, two top 10 finishes, and have some of the best wins in Clemson history since he got here.

Re: LOL. What has Slurrier done other than lose to teams like

Sep 21, 2014, 3:22 PM

I'd take ECUs OC over Morris everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Morris has a good scheme but struggles in big games with play calling. I'm thankful for what he's done but they're are other low key OC just as good if not better.

"struggles in big games"

Sep 21, 2014, 3:26 PM

Again, we have some of the biggest wins in Clemson history under his coaching, and our resume during his tenure is above 120 other teams in 1-A. I'm not saying he's impeccable, because no coach is, but to suggest he loses the big games is not factual. We've had issues with uSC and FSU, and not all of those losses were the offenses fault, including last night.

His name and reputation has brought in 4 and 5 star recruits

Sep 21, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. What has Slurrier done other than lose to teams like ]

NO way we would be where we are without him. Dabo goes after the best and gets them. Love how posters forget about execution by players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense should be proud

Sep 21, 2014, 5:12 PM

Coach V has done an incredible job with that defense. We all knew we had questions on the offense this season, and some of the inexperience showed last night. Still, it was a tremendous effort from our players. They'll keep improving and getting better at fundamentals.
The defense though, they're monsters. They have nothing to hang their heads about.

Sep 21, 2014, 5:21 PM

Coach V's defense looked very good last night. They played their hearts out and gave it everything they had. The fall down on that TD pass late was probably due to exhaustion more than anything else. Tigers should have been ahead by at least 13 at that point ( 2 missed field goals and TD that should have been reveiwed). Hats off to the Defensive Unit for a great game and stellar effort!!! Maybe the Offensive Line and special teams will get it together and play hard like the D soon. Go Tigers !

Proud of Ya'll

Sep 22, 2014, 4:38 PM

A great gutsy performance... Also kudos to Coach V for adjustments during the game .Just wish i could say the same for you counterpart

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic