Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 86
| visibility 51

New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee

Sep 21, 2014, 12:02 AM

Heartbreaker in Tallahassee

Clemson's football program has found a number of ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion, but Saturday night's loss against top-ranked Florida St. may be the one that stands out. Clemson dominated the stat line and could have come away with the win, but two missed field goals and a lack of production in the red zone cost the Tigers the shot at the upset. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks chad. This ones on you. Terrible job

Sep 21, 2014, 12:05 AM

I hope you get fired

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks chad. This ones on you. Terrible job

Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 AM

Fire Dabo for going for it on 4th and 1. Then fire him again for letting Chad call that play.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 AM

You would have kicked a FG there? There's no way I can see that call going well.

Anything outside of an EP was not a kicking scenario.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:16 AM

But would you agree that the play call was a bad one? We haven't had consistent success running the ball in short yardage situations, especially from the shotgun

Sep 21, 2014, 12:19 AM

I'd rather them run that play than kick it. Watson slammed it in from the shotgun on the second TD, so maybe that would have been a better call.

Either way, it would have been a real luxury to have Catanzaro. This loss demonstrates how valuable he was.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks chad. This ones on you. Terrible job ]

We should NOT have attempted a FG but we should've learned from our first mistake snapping it from the shotgun on 4th and 1/2 a yard and had DW line up right behind our biggest lineman and do QB sneaks to get the first in both of those situations....I don't understand the play calling in those situations...that is what lost of this game IMO

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 3:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks chad. This ones on you. Terrible job ]

I disagree 100%. I applaud the decision to go for it. Our kicker sucks. You can't blame dabo for going for it. We failed on so many opportunities in the red zone. If we had made touchdowns as we should have...this wouldn't be an issue. I would've gone for it too. Our red zone offense sucked. Missed field goal. Field goal. Missed field goal. Touchdown? That is 28 points right here had we executed. The coaches called the right plays. Players just couldn't execute.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Thanks chad. This ones on you. Terrible job ]

Even a person who has only played high school football knows that when you have 1st and goal @ the half yard line quarterback sneak is the safest and most efficient play. If the offensive co-ord. does not know this he should go back to high school football. I am ashamed at the short yardage offense of Clemson tonight. I have been a Tiger fan for 60 years, Mr. Morris, and I can not remember when I have seen such pitiful plays called in a short distance situation. Even I know, and I am no football wizard, that having to run 5 yards to pick up 2 feet is a losing situation...as the red zone play tonight proves.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:29 AM

Agreed 110%

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee

Sep 21, 2014, 12:07 AM

Should have won this game by 20+

Any good HS kickers out there need a scholarship? 1 availabl***

Re: Any good HS kickers out there need a scholarship? 1 availabl***

Sep 21, 2014, 10:59 AM

We already have one. We have a freshman who was one of the highest recruited kickers in the nation and the number 1 South Carolina high school kicker last year. Watch his recruiting video on tigenet. We got him, let's use him.

Re: Any good HS kickers out there need a scholarship? 1 availabl***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Any good HS kickers out there need a scholarship? 1 availabl*** ]

His name is Alex Spence

Dabo can't beat a good team consistently

We'll never contend for anything but the ACC, because Dabo can't beat really good teams on a regular basis. That's why we keep getting embarrassed in the second half. We'll continue to beat SC State, Furman, Coastal, Georgia State, and most other ACC schools, but with Dabo at the helm, we'll never beat the Georgia's, FSU's, or Carolina's on a regular basis. And why go for it on 4th and 1 in OT? Then the play they ran? We haven't gained 5 yards on that play on 3rd and 4th down all night. If everybody's happy with 9 to 10 wins a year, keep Dabo, after all, he is a fine man and a great role model, but if you want to contend for national titles, we need to find someone else.

Just lost on the road to #1 team in nation...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 AM

...you're a first class moron.

But you already knew that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Just lost on the road to #1 team in nation...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 AM

The way the defense played in the first half, there is no way we should have lost that game to a 4th string QB.

BTW, you're a second class moron, but I doubt you knew that

4th team? You mean, when we beat the WV kid....

Sep 21, 2014, 1:04 AM

...and the kid that left that couldn't win the job where he transferred to?

Yea man, you know ### you are talking about.

Keep whistling out of your ###, buy a clue, and then move out of your parents basement and try to make something of yourself.

Then offer up some insight.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

That sentiment is valid only if

Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Just lost on the road to #1 team in nation... ]

That number one team isn't playing without their star player. With him an ot loss wouldn't be bad. Without him, and dominating the game, it's nothing to be proud of

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like we were missing in our game @ UGa?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:05 AM

SO it's now OK we lost that game, right?

Fact is, their back up beat ours...in OT, at their place to keep their #1 ranking.

Did we have a chance to win? No doubt.

Does is it suck donkey balls we lost? Absofreakinglutely.

Are you a non competitive hack who hasn't worked hard to accomplish much in his life?

I'm willing to bet that's the case.

Re: That sentiment is valid only if

Sep 21, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to That sentiment is valid only if ]

last I checked, he don't play defense.

Re: Dabo can't beat a good team consistently

Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

I thought Dabo and Chad called a good game. This one is on Lakip. He was not even close! The 4th down call was a good one. You have to assume Roberto was going to split the uprights if given the chance. They got 6 anyways so a field goal wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:14 AM

I agree, for the most part, they did. I know we want to be a running team, but we haven't had consistent success on short yardage, that's why I can't understand that call in that situation. Earlier in the game, ok, but not on 4th down in OT.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:30 AM

To be a running team we have to have somebody who can run the ball...CJD isn't it....CHOICE is the best running back we have right now that is healthy .....PERIOD. I hope this has settled the QB situation..Deshaun is the man...Defense has an excellent night....

Sep 21, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

DID YOU NOT SEE THE HORRIFIC CALL WITH SECOND AND GOAL ON THE 6 INCH LI NE. WE DIDN'T HAVE A QB UNDER THE CENTER SET AND THAT IS totallY COACHING MY FRIEND.

Over the last 3 years we have had plenty of TD's not being

Sep 21, 2014, 12:48 AM

under center in that situation.

Oh..and by the way..keep it quiet..but that isn't the only reason we lost!! :O

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

And you don't even have your best (330 pound) center in the game but a 290 pounder who later gave us the 23-yard, 0ver the head snap. And with our less than stellar center in place we try to pick up the 1 yard from the shotgun formation? Just doesn't calculate.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

DID YOU NOT SEE THE HORRIFIC CALL WITH SECOND AND GOAL ON THE 6 INCH LI NE. WE DIDN'T HAVE A QB UNDER THE CENTER SET AND THAT IS totallY COACHING MY FRIEND.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

I agree! That's not coaching that is execution. 2 miss fg, Stout throwing the ball in ground to wide open To. Then I don't understand how upstairs needed several of Clemson catches but not Cj 's TD and yes it was a Touchdown with half of body in the end zone.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

I agree! That's not coaching that is execution. 2 miss fg, Stoudt throwing the ball in ground to wide open TE . Then I don't understand how upstairs reviewed several of Clemson catches but not Cj 's TD and yes it was a Touchdown with half of body in the end zone.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

as much as i admire dabo, this post says it all. sorry dumbo, i mean dabo. time for you to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 2:28 AM [ in reply to Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

You seem to have it our problems all figured out. Who would you suggest to replace Dabo and Morris?

Sep 21, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

we need to boot our ####### OC. he needs to be reminded of the definition of insanity. no imagination, no guts!

Sep 22, 2014, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Dabo can't beat a good team consistently ]

Another expert I see.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:09 AM

Should read, "Predictable in Tallahassee"! Thanks Morris, for your game calling! Just FYI: when it's short yardage needed, a shotgun isn't a good call! I've had all I can take with this BS!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:34 AM

Amen! I'm tired of Morris' 2nd half game plans. He can't counter good coaching, SEC-like teams and their 2nd half adjustments. Shotgun snaps in short yardage is like you said....BS!! But I don't fault the decision to go for first down in OT.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 6:10 AM

Agreed. And it was an easy call since our kicker can't kick a ball from the pier into the ocean!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

Amen! I'm tired of Morris' 2nd half game plans. He can't counter good coaching, SEC-like teams and their 2nd half adjustments. Shotgun snaps in short yardage is like you said....BS!! But I don't fault the decision to go for first down in OT.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4th down

Sep 21, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

Agreed - a counter play from the shotgun on 4th down ?!? That seems like a good idea. After watching sports for more than 30 years, this game has left me feeling the same way I did when my beloved Bosox blew game 6 in '86. Sick to my stomach. Poor Lakip...if I ever see him on the field for any kind of extra point or field goal again- jiminy Christmas!!! and for all of the naysayers on #4? #therealdeal

Sep 21, 2014, 12:10 AM

> > width=5> 
> id="story-photo" width="478"
> src=http://i1.tigernet.com/stories/14/football/anthony
> _fsu_sack_700.jpg>
> size=2>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
> href=/story/football/Heartbreaker-Tallahassee-13056
> class="newstitle">Heartbreaker in Tallahassee
>

Clemson's
> football program has found a number of ways to lose
> in heartbreaking fashion, but Saturday night's loss
> against top-ranked Florida St. may be the one that
> stands out. Clemson dominated the stat line and could
> have come away with the win, but two missed field
> goals and a lack of production in the red zone cost
> the Tigers the shot at the upset.
> target=_blank
> href=/story/football/Heartbreaker-Tallahassee-13056>> ont class=fullstory>Full Story
> »

They reviewed several of Clemson catches, why didn't the upstairs review Co's touchdown? Yes it was a touchdown.

BTW, there is a full blown QB controversy now

Sep 21, 2014, 12:10 AM

Just admit it

Re: BTW, there is a full blown QB controversy now

Sep 21, 2014, 12:41 AM

Don't think so........Watson will start the rest of the season!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:12 AM

Two blown tds, two missed field goals, and a fumble in the red zone that would have set up the winning score. Dominated the stat lines on both sides of the ball.
THAT IS PULLING A CLEMSON...
I really thought those days were behind us.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:18 AM

Who are all you people? I don't recognize your monikers. You are all bandwagon fans. We should be proud of our performance in such a hostile environment. True we made mistakes and missed fg, but we played the concensus #1 team and kept them to 23 when they have been averaging 40+ at home. We missed a W. But we will prevail the rest of the season. SC doesn't have a chance. 10-2 guys and gals.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:48 AM

Are you serious right now? So basically you wanna settle for mediocrity and lose big games but a 10-2 (hell, maybe 9-3) record will suffice...again??? That is complete bull####!!! I'm tired of being the laughingstock of college football. Players didn't execute, absolutely agree... but ###, the coaches can't call a simple ISO run up the A-Gap but want to run outside every #### time and can't pick up #### and not put the ball in playmakers hands. I'm not clear with the play calling but you're right, it's the players and coaching. DEFENSIVELY.. can't really say anything negative, they did what they had to do. #### where we played, #### the rankings, #### "the atmosphere there", #### the record that FSU had...it's em-frickin-barassing! "But we'll prevail the rest of the season"...yea, like every year but lose the 2-3 games that actually mean something. Unbelievable...and sorry for the rant from a so-called "bandwagon" guy. Die-hard Clemson legacy here, dad in '84 and myself in '12 but this Clemson-ing has got to cease sooner or later. 2015/2016 can't get here sooner...

I'm #### serious when I say I'll take 10-2 over 7-5 any day

Sep 21, 2014, 12:50 AM

of the ####### week that ends in y.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

perfectly spoken! I'm sick of CLEMSONING!!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

Agree.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

yep. tough to swallow this one. Clemson under dabo is a good team that occasionally wins a big game. i agree with earlier posts that say if u r happy with that, keep him. but if u want a great team, we need a change. this is the same tune that's been sung the last 4 or 5 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

This is pulling a Clemson. It is embarrassing to be a Clemson fan. This program will never reach the playoffs with Dabo as the HC. How in the hell do we lose this game? I give up.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:54 AM

Y'all are a bunch of fair weather fans, Dabo nor chad missed a single fg, snapped the ball five feet over the qbs head or fumbled the ball with 1:30 left in the game. And for the record clemsoning would have been winning this game and losing to unc next week not losing to the #1 team in the nation.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

I guess "Clemsoning" has made a comeback as a verb. Sigh.

Pulling a Clemson, just became a thing again. Thx Chad***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:15 AM

Sep 21, 2014, 12:16 AM

Even a person who has only played high school football knows that when you have 1st and goal @ the half yard line quarterback sneak is the safest and most efficient play. If the offensive co-ord. does not know this he should go back to high school football. I am ashamed at the short yardage offense of Clemson tonight. I have been a Tiger fan for 60 years, Mr. Swinney, and I can not remember when I have seen such pitiful plays called in a short distance situation. Even I know, and I am no football wizard, that having to run 5 yards to pick up 2 feet is a losing situation...as the red zone play tonight proves.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:20 AM

Chad/Dabo coaching 101 when your four inches from pay dirt you put the quarterback under center and score you don't go shotgun five yards back.

Great job to Watson we finally put the right quarterback in the game and should have won. Not your fault D. You played great. And so did the defense but we need a kicker and two new coaches. Louisville and SC Coots our other two loses.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:22 AM

Can anyone tell me wht is the common denominator in the above writeup?.....CJD FUMBLE....and again..CJD FUMBLE...how many times did I get to see him run to the hole with it closed and continue into it with no adjustment? The defense played tonight.....

OC Seeking Coaching Job

Sep 21, 2014, 12:24 AM

Learned good offense from the master, turned it into a joke
Questionable play caller
Only hanging on by the talent my staff recruited
Can't spell QB sneak
Will hand ball to bad RB even when you know it's gonna happen
Seeking huge salary or head coaching job
Familiar with failing upwards

Hobbies
Gum
Losing games

Sep 21, 2014, 12:25 AM

Hard to explain the disappointment. Trying hard not to have hate in my heart. First, we should have won by 17. Second, DONT fumble. Third, playcalling...what? Fourth, find a daggum kicker. Fifth, all season goals are over besides chance to beat the chickens. Sixth, when will our mentality (besides defense) change? I'm not one to complain without offering solutions so here you go...find a dang kicker, call plays with a little nuts and sense, and after we score a td, review the play! Last, lock the kicker in a room like Harry Potter and don't let him out.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:31 AM

Players are going to make mistakes, that's just the way it is. But our coaching and play calling right now is awful. Our offense is offensive and as predictable and vanilla as I have seen in all of college football this year!! That game shouldn't have been close!!!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:39 AM

I'm at a loss for words for that last call after a timeout. And I agree players will make mistakes but lakip has not made mistakes this year, he's shown he's flat out not capable. If we had the chickens 12 year old looking kicker we win. We also win if Dabo reviews the rushing TD that was called short. Instead we rush into a shotgun play that cost us and do the same with three inches to go and game on the line. Unbelievable, inexcusable and absolutely heartbreaking. Someone on the staff must answer for why we won't have new tombstone with FSU on it and why 3 games in, our season is shot.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

How can our millionaire OC face all those guys who played their hearts out and stomped FS, but got a loss because of terrible play calling?? I can only hope he reads these posts.

BV and the Defense

Sep 21, 2014, 12:27 AM

Great game. Keep,doing what you're doing

Re: BV and the Defense

Sep 21, 2014, 12:31 AM

AMEN!!

Chad, man up and take the well deserved blame***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:29 AM

Sep 21, 2014, 12:39 AM

The real heartbreaker is that our coaches lost the game. From b-team football all the way up to the NFL, you learn how to run the ball. 3rd and inches on the goal line? RUN THE #### BALL. 4th and inches in OT? RUN THE #### BALL. And not 6 yards for 6 inches. This rests solely on Chad and Dabo. Dabo mainly for not over-ruling the poor play calling. I can forgive missed field goals and dropped balls. I cannot forgive poor coaching. We lost this game because we were too stupid to rely on fundamental football. Period. Shame on the coaches.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:58 AM

great coaches find ways to win with mediocre talent. we occasionally win big games with super talent but find ways to lose most big games. still hoping that Clemson will find another great coach like Danny but I've resigned to the accept that's not going to happen in my lifetime. i hope one day you young guns get to experience the thrill of a d. ford era type teams that can beat the coots every year. looking like #6 against the coots this year too. we'll find a way to lose to the hbc again too.

dang, another hopeful season down the drain again.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee ]

AMEN AMEN and AMEN

Too many mistakes

Sep 21, 2014, 12:41 AM

In the red zone cost us this loss. Yes the 4th down play call was very questionable but 2 missed FGs and red zone mistakes left an easy win on the table. The play calling got us in position but poor red zone execution was the difference.

Re: Too many mistakes

Sep 21, 2014, 12:55 AM

Agree. Red zone killed us. No kicking game and an embarassing amount of mental mistakes. We threw this one away. Shameful.

Couldn't even read this.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:54 AM

David,
I really enjoy your articles, but this loss is squarely on our coaches.

We Pay in excess of $1.3M for an OC that routinely gets schooled against top competition. How much should we expect to pay for a coach who 'gets it'? Why are we so happy to pay this much for an intern?

We made a lot of mistakes, but if we run it in from inside the franking ONE YARD LINE we win. Done deal. Game, set, & match.

When will our HC assert himself and cull the stupidity from our game management?

Who owns this screw up?

Re: Couldn't even read this.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:09 AM

yep. we're not fair weather fans, but supporters that realize with the $$$ willing to be spent, we deserve a nick saben coach that EXPECTS to win the big games... not one that dances on the ceiling and runs around and hugs reporters when Clemson occasionally wins a big game.

yep, not an fwf - just a tired old soul disappointed again. and sick of throwing money that way for this crap. well, no more.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:50 AM

There's only one nick saban type coach and he's in alabama and not going anywhere, it just seems to me there are too many fair weather fans that call for Dabos job when we lose a game and don't see that we are still moving in the right direction, and I believe our chance for greatness will be sooner than starting over with a new coach

Sep 21, 2014, 1:08 PM

"Moving in the right direction" That one's frankly getting old.

Jameis is the man!

Sep 21, 2014, 1:04 AM

If your reading this then I'm glad you decided to react to my input...first and foremost...Jameis is not the man he is an immature conceited peckerhead who needs Jesus...for all you true clemson fans that want Dabo and now chad fired, you all are retarded...2nd half of GA too conservative I agree...but tonight was not about play calling or coaching...walk in TD from stoudt to leggett-perfect play call...executed badly...except for not being under center chad nor Dabo hiked the ball over Watsons head...had battle blocked the corner on the JJ pass would have been an easy gain of 40yds or more if not TD...Mackenzie played excellent all night but fell and it cost us 7 points...CJ had a first down on a great running call where o line blocked good but fumbled...defense played outstanding! Play calling was fine...coaching was fine offense and defense were great...miscues and luck for them won the game...that was a tough one...that team is hurting right now...and all y'all want to do is bash the coaches?! True Clemson fans are hurting with them and not complaining...show some respect...we have great coaches and a great team...sometimes the cards just don't fall your way...and for the record the OT 4th and 1...should have never came to that...

Re: Jameis is the man!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:14 PM

BS!!!!!

Hurts...

Sep 21, 2014, 1:27 AM

This felt very similar to the Auburn game in 2010. We controlled the game defensively until a fluke deep ball beat us and tied the game...same as 2010. This is extremely tough because of how many times we came up empty in their territory. Just couldn't execute. I probably won't be able to watch the replay for another 2 years. Just too heartbreaking to watch. Hopefully we finish the year strong and finally shut the chickens up for once. Go Tigers!

We won the game by 7 and should have won by 21

Sep 21, 2014, 2:05 AM

This games hurt more than any I have ever felt as a life long Clemson fan. I turned down several small college scholarships to play basketball to attend Clemson in August 1988 because I have always been a Clemson fan. However the loss tonight hurts the most because this is the first loss I know of that we actually won on the field. Prior to the bad snap CJ scored at TD where he was ruled down. Look at the replay. He was in but it wasn't reviewed. A play earlier Seckinger was given a TD but was overturned under review. Clemson won that game on the field but yet was screwed. This is the only time I have ever felt this way. There were many mistakes by the tigers in this game and many opportunities to put it away and plenty of blame to go around, BUT Clemson won this game. It's a travesty that play wasn't reviewed and is the difference between winning in regulation and losing in overtime. I like our coaching staff but they deserve any and all criticism for this loss if for no other reason than that one play where CJ reached the goal line but yet it went unchalleged. Not to mention the phantom face mask call on fsu's opening drive of the 2nd half. Instant replay should include all calls (holding, offsides, facemask, pass interference, etc) not just certain situations or there should be no instant replay at all!

Sep 21, 2014, 2:13 AM

I blamed our coaches for the Ga loss, but can't blame 'em for this one. They put together a good game plan and gave it to the players. Tigs had several opportunities to win the game and were the better team tonight but could not get it done. This hurts.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:36 AM

How can you not blame Chad Morris? Do we not have a play where the qb gets under center and runs a sneak? It's the most basic play in football and gives the best chance to gain a yard with minimum risk. Also how can you not blame Dabo? He should have thrown his flag to review the play before the bad snap. Clear TD! I do give Venables credit for giving us a chance to win. It has to be demorallizing for a defense to play so well just to have the offense not be able to get a ##### yard!!!!! Oh! And how about not having a kicker that can kick a gimme FG or put the ball in the endzone on a kickoff. Special teams will continue to put this team in situations that are hard to overcome. Do we even have a special teams coach? C'mon Dabo! You are a great cheerleader and great recruiter, but as a head coach, ehh! Mediocre at best! At least you kept Watson in there. Too bad it was 3 possessions too late!

Sep 21, 2014, 3:25 AM

I feel bad for the defense, they dominated much of the action...The offense had a lot of promising drives end in undesirable fashion, methinks the football gawds have issues cuz that was just ridiculous:P.
You saw how good the Clemson D can be against a good team when the offense doesn't leavem hangin for too long. It was nice to see the Offense get some first downs against a fast, aggressive, and disruptive defense, instead of sitting on the sidelines watching the defense get worn down.
Poor Stoudt, the incumbent who put in a lot of time never even got a chance to assume control of the offense without the backup coming in regularly. I don't think Cole ever played a single quarter of action without DW coming into the game... DW looks good, and seems like a natural at the position, but lets be honest, the coaches never looked at Cole as anything more than a bench warmer for Tajh Boyd and a fluffer for DW.

Sep 21, 2014, 4:48 AM

Why does morris always let his ego get in the way of calling smart plays. A shotgun run for a short yardage try? This is why we never score more than 17 to 20 points on good defenses. Morris has to go. Why can a team like ECU constantly score more on the same teams than we can. They don't have near the talent. I bet we dont put 70 on UNC next week like they did. They also put more on usuck than we do when they play them the same year. The answer is they will go to what works and make adjustments. Morris will make excuses and keep getting OVER paid.

Ray Rice says...

Sep 21, 2014, 7:40 AM

The only thing worse than domestic violence is beating yourself. Our Offensive Line is the issue - the WHOLE issue.

Re: Ray Rice says...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:20 PM

How about suspending Morris for five games for INCOMPETANCE

Re: New Story: Heartbreaker in Tallahassee***

Sep 21, 2014, 7:59 PM

Sep 21, 2014, 8:05 PM

97% of the posts under this are from names never heard of before. That's interesting. And the things you're saying are quite atrocious. Here's a scenario. Game wasn't called bad at all. I do agree with one thing you fair weathers have been saying and that's the fact that chad has been ultra vanilla with the play calling. Hopefully that changes. Saw someone say we were clemsoning. Ummmm,well guys hate to bust your bubble but SC State wasn't a top ranked team that we beat and turned around and lost Saturday night. Haven't even following the team long enough to even know what it meant in the past. Saw someone else use "settle" and "10-2" in the same sentence. And then you guys are talking to each other and giving one another the rah rah speech. Hilarious. But carry on guys it's quite entertaining

Sep 21, 2014, 8:17 PM

Also. Whoever said

Sep 21, 2014, 8:18 PM

Whoever said our O-line played bad must've been watching the Georgia game still. O-line was extremely solid against a (according to star ratings) superior D-line

Replies: 86
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic