Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney on Winston situation: An asterisk okay as long as Tigers win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney on Winston situation: An asterisk okay as long as Tigers win

Sep 17, 2014, 7:32 PM

Swinney on Winston situation: An asterisk okay as long as Tigers win

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Wednesday that if Clemson manages to pull off the upset Saturday night at top-ranked Florida St., he doesn’t care if the record keepers put an asterisk next to the win….as long as the Tigers win. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo - what is your TNET handle - I would like to give you a

Sep 17, 2014, 7:44 PM

thumbs up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

found him

Sep 17, 2014, 7:46 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=50562

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

dats downrite phunny*

Sep 17, 2014, 7:49 PM

* I misspelled this wurd on porpoise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew deep down in his heart Dabo wanted the Big 12 thing.

Sep 17, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to found him ]

Thanks Dabo. Now WTPH ain't you playing Deshaun more?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know

Sep 17, 2014, 8:47 PM

Cole's a Sr.... it's a sr. thang

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I like where they chose to do the interview

Sep 17, 2014, 7:50 PM

In front of the tombstones!

Re: New Story: Swinney on Winston situation: An asterisk okay as long as Tigers win

Sep 17, 2014, 8:22 PM

Oh boy...

Oh girl....***

Sep 17, 2014, 8:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... or are you both?***

Sep 17, 2014, 8:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take a W* over an L any day. But no asterisk deserved.

Sep 17, 2014, 8:24 PM

If you recruit low character guys because they're great athletes, then you get both the benefits and the problems. It's a package deal. So no asterisk needed. You reap what you sow.

Much to Clemson's credit, it seems that Bowden & Dabo have tended to recruit higher character guys, eschewing some lower character stars that other coaches are happy to accept. There's an occasional character evaluation miss (like Joe Craig or Mike Bellamy) but Dabo tends to rein them in or boot them out.

That's one of the standards set over the Danny issue.

Sep 17, 2014, 8:44 PM

Not that Danny recruited trash as did FSU and most of the SEC but since then our quality of character has seemed to improve year after year.

I think we're nearly there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, Dabo dropping some history knowledge on us***

Sep 17, 2014, 8:35 PM

"...give me a break."

Sep 17, 2014, 8:38 PM

I think that sums it up nicely.

Re: New Story: Swinney on Winston situation: An asterisk okay as long as Tigers win

Sep 17, 2014, 9:24 PM

I liked our chances even with Winston. Other than Chad Morris play calling that killed the defense late in the fourth quarter this young team is a lot better than people think. The good thing about these young talented 4 and 5 star players are they have never lost to Florida State or the Gamecocks and with proper coaching they won't start now. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of Dabos best responses ever.***

Sep 17, 2014, 9:52 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2014, 10:06 PM

any given saturday

The 1 thing that stands out to me has nothing to do with JW

Sep 17, 2014, 10:39 PM

Maybe it's just me but Dabo needs to tone it down just a bit when he speaks of the opponent. Maybe I am being just a tad bit overcritical because Dabo's strength is his ability to speak.

Still, he sometimes comes across as almost defeated before the game. FSU isn't the 49ers.

We got players too. They need to be as confident as their leader sounds. Anything can happen in college football when you have confidence and anywhere near the same talent. And despite what most people think here, we do.

Go Tigers!

You must have missed this article yesterday....

Sep 17, 2014, 11:01 PM

Fired Up Swinney Not Buying Underdog Role
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Fired-Swinney-buying-Tigers-underdog-role;-talks-QB-situation-13040

He also must have missed all of Danny Ford. Every game -

Sep 17, 2014, 11:08 PM

EVERY GAME .... the team we were playing was nearly as good as the 1968 Green Bay Packers and our youngsters were going to be lucky to get out alive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: The 1 thing that stands out to me has nothing to do with JW

Sep 17, 2014, 11:44 PM [ in reply to The 1 thing that stands out to me has nothing to do with JW ]

Man, what are you thinking? Dabo handles that part of interviews very well. Raise them up high so that they think they win this game with no problem. It will hurt them worse when they fall. Start saying my team is as good as theirs, and it pisses them off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh, to each his own.

Sep 18, 2014, 7:10 AM

I didn't see the other interview though. I liked it much better.

Sep 17, 2014, 10:42 PM

Good answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2014, 9:40 AM

2 years ago backup QB Thompson came to DV and beat us. Asterisk or not, beat FSU and USC! Getting tired of not. Dang go play!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic