Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Fired up Swinney not buying Tigers' underdog role
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

New Story: Fired up Swinney not buying Tigers' underdog role

Sep 16, 2014, 12:04 PM

Fired up Swinney not buying Tigers' underdog role

Don't tell Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney that his Tigers are huge underdogs this weekend in Tallahassee.Swinney told the media Tuesday that he doesn't think of his team as an underdog, and hopes to find out what kind of team he has Saturday. What does he say about losing to FSU and South Carolina? What does he say about the quarterback situation? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo.....Winston has a weakness for crab legs !***

Sep 16, 2014, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And white women

Sep 16, 2014, 12:28 PM

skrong #####

Re: And white women

Sep 16, 2014, 2:24 PM

That's poor; beneath this site. Embarrassing.

Re: And white women

Sep 16, 2014, 2:25 PM

Why?

Surely you are kidding.***

Sep 16, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: And white women ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's True though***

Sep 16, 2014, 6:25 PM

Kinda wish he hadn't of said that he was

Sep 16, 2014, 12:14 PM

Tomahawk choppin the whole game, with two arms.......Trust me, I wanted the SEC to lose, but I will not show support for the Crablegs Cowboy. Only exception would be if they are playing the Coots, and I would still throw up in my mouth as I did.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Kinda wish he hadn't of said that he was

Sep 16, 2014, 1:20 PM

Dabo..has been on Tigernet getting information. His quote"best players play" has been said 10K times the last couple of weeks. Now will he do what he says ?

He kinda' hates Auburn, so before you whine, think a bit.***

Sep 16, 2014, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Kinda wish he hadn't of said that he was ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I dont have to think a little bit. That is why I said that

Sep 16, 2014, 2:12 PM

bit about playing the Coots. I still would NOT do another teams chant or symbolic gesture. I will pull for them, but I do not have to pretend to be one of them. Just like with the Dawgs playing the Coots. I did not bark or sing their great rally song "Dawg Bites"........;)

He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that

Sep 16, 2014, 12:31 PM

with a straight face? FSU has demolished Clemson the last two times they played. And they havent gotten worse.

Re: He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that

Sep 16, 2014, 12:52 PM

> with a straight face? FSU has demolished Clemson the
> last two times they played. And they havent gotten
> worse.

Par for course.

Tell 'em capon

Sep 16, 2014, 1:07 PM

sad

Hey Coot--your responses are par for the case too? How bout

Sep 16, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Sep 16, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

fno

Alltimecoot, have you ever heard the term "coach speak"?***

Sep 16, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he thinks we will win? HTH***

Sep 16, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

Sep 16, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

How was that prostrate exam from alltimetiger? Did he kiss you first? Just the fist? Come on gamedick - I'm challenging you. Do you actually think usuck is going to win in dv? Bet you 1000 you get leveled. Pitiful little fans - been that way for years. So much the underdog and ugly stepchild syndrome. Again, for you or slumdog, or all time - we can discuss at esso. Would be fun for me - not so much you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 16, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

Bwak bwak bwak!!!!!!

Sep 16, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

Dabo's being Dabo. Unrealistic statement. Hope he doesn't have a lot of crow to eat on Saturday.

They did not "demolish" us 2 years ago.

Sep 16, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to He doesnt think we're underdogs? How can he say that ]

They came back in the 4th quarter with the help of a kick off return that helped to turn the momentum in their favor.

Halftime speeches dont win games.

Sep 16, 2014, 12:57 PM

halftime adjustments do. I hope our players don't watch this interview because it seems like we are playing the Seahawks instead of the Seminoles

Re: New Story: Fired up Swinney not buying Tigers' underdog role

Sep 16, 2014, 1:18 PM

When is Dabo gonna learn to keep his #### mouth shut and just win?

The last time he was "fired up" and ran his mouth before a game we got humiliated in the 2011 Orange Bowl.

And I hate to tell you Dabo, when you get blown out on your own field by 40 points that doesn't mean you win 5 out if 10 times.

Re: New Story: Fired up Swinney not buying Tigers' underdog role

Sep 16, 2014, 3:19 PM

Right after you take your ### coot A$S back over to coot central.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tomahawk chomping with both hands......

Sep 16, 2014, 1:23 PM

isn't that how the guy on the tarmac guides the plane to the gate?

I'm certain he didn't want Auburn to win.

No, he should have chanting......

Sep 16, 2014, 2:13 PM

A-C-C.....A-C-C.......haha

This is one of the most entertaining threads in a long time

Sep 16, 2014, 1:45 PM

Keep it comin!

Re: This is one of the most entertaining threads in a long time

Sep 16, 2014, 2:32 PM

I honestly think that this was Dabo's best press confrence I have watched. He clearly presented his reasoning for his 5 of 10 comment last year, the foe he will face Sat. and why he plays (starts) who he does.

Yes, I am a coot, and you can take my comments for what you wish.

When will Dabo tell the truth everybody else knows....

Sep 16, 2014, 2:30 PM

FSU out recruits us every year, has better athletes, better coaches, a fan base that expects championships and for us to not get thrashed again for the second year in a row HE will need to put all his gimmicks away, make every player shut up and be an overachiever for 4 quarters in a game that matters (for once)...it's called coaching and I don't think this problem will be solved without first admitting the truth.

Re: When will Dabo tell the truth everybody else knows....

Sep 16, 2014, 3:38 PM

US? Are you considering that chicken you brought along with you in your pocket as US. Or are you and slumpig/dog trolling together as US!!!

Would you be happier if he came out and said "we suck,

Sep 16, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to When will Dabo tell the truth everybody else knows.... ]

coaches suck, players suck, Clemson's program sucks, our fanbase sucks, Joey Batson sucks...we should not even go to Tally to play since we will get demolished then buried in the swamp."

Waiting intently for your response.

Re: Would you be happier if he came out and said "we suck,

Sep 16, 2014, 4:11 PM

Didn't say we sucked...actually read the post and you will see my intent and hope is for Dabo to first call a spade a spade and admit the true state of affairs in order to make things better. He can't keep blowing smoke up our ### and saying we are something we are not and expect the team to consistently win the big games. HE has got to get they boys playing harder for longer in order for us win big games until he can pull in top 10 recruiting classes every year like Jimbo and Nick. I want Clemson to be an elite program not an outsider looking in and this type of critical discussion will help us get there. If you don't demand accountability of your AD and coaches we go no where.

You're the one that said FSU has better coaches, players,

Sep 16, 2014, 4:51 PM

fanbase, etc.

I can only speculate at your intent. I don't know how telling everyone that (in your opinion) FSU has us beat in ever imaginable way will make anything better. You simply don't like Dabo and I doubt he could say anything to make you happy.

And exactly what is the "true state of affairs" at Clemson? Hmmm?

Bullcrap

Sep 16, 2014, 4:08 PM [ in reply to When will Dabo tell the truth everybody else knows.... ]

FSU isn't ahead of Clemson in any significant way. They may have beaten us the last two years, but recent history shows that the two programs are on even footing. In fact, Clemson leads the series 6-5 in the past eleven meetings.

I'd certainly agree that FSU was way ahead of us in the 90's. Since finally getting that long FSU losing streak off our back in 2003, we've more than held our own.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bullcrap

Sep 16, 2014, 4:34 PM

FSU owns CU winning 19 of 27! Recent history included FSU down years that have now turned. Jimbo is winning all his matchups against Dabo both recruiting and on the field and until Dabo admits the disparity over the last two years and figure out how to win those battles he is doomed to be owned as well. I think admitting the problem is the first step...not blowing smoke up our ### with bogus statements about our games being a toss up either way. That stuff makes him look like a fool. Proof of what I say will be in the results Saturday. I am hopeful but not optimistic based on 5 years of past performance in games for either ACC or State Championships.

Re: When will Dabo tell the truth everybody else knows....

Sep 16, 2014, 5:10 PM [ in reply to When will Dabo tell the truth everybody else knows.... ]

There's no doubt that FSU has a big lead in the overall series. That includes an unprecedented (like, unprecedented in college football history) streak of success back in the '90's. But my argument is that, presently, Clemson is holding our own against the Noles.

Recruiting - FSU normally finishes slightly ahead of Clemson in the rankings. I'd say within the margin of error that is inherent in something as subjective as recruiting rankings. Head-to-head I know we've taken some from the Noles and vice-versa.

Coaching - Before last year, Fisher was not really viewed as that sharp a head coach. Having a Heisman-level QB kind of helps you look like a genius though. I am happy with our staff in comparison to FSU's.

On field - OK there is no doubt that FSU annihilated us last year. But is that the "new norm" or was it an aberration? The recent history suggests that Clemson is at the very least competitive with FSU.

I think last year's thrashing and FSU's run to the NCAA title has skewed a lot of people's thinking about this rivalry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo should be positive. It's unlikely but CU CAN beat FSU***

Sep 16, 2014, 4:26 PM

Re: Dabo should be positive. It's unlikely but CU CAN beat FSU***

Sep 16, 2014, 4:35 PM

Dabo should be truthful...the odds ARE against us

The best and most honest press conference he has ever had.

Sep 16, 2014, 5:50 PM

He is being as honest as he can be. No agenda.

I like what I hear out of him this week. He looks focused. I like our chances.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic