Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reality Check on Dabo & Co
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Reality Check on Dabo & Co

Sep 14, 2014, 4:36 PM

The Reality is that we have lost to FSU and USuc two yrs in a row, teams that won 12 & 14, 11 & 11 games the last two years. (i.e. they don't lose much.)
Yes, we coulda/woulda/shoulda against the coots in 12 and 13, but we didn't.
We haven't lost to an unranked opponent since Nov 2011 at NCst when we had sewn up the Atl div and had several key players out. (Sammy, Martavis, and Price at LT)

Our 2015 recruiting class is currently ranked #2. I don't put too much stock in that ranking but that is a good indication that we ain't bringing in scrubs.
Plus the freshmen on this team look really good so far.

This glass is more than half full, stop focusing on the little bit of air at the top.

And please, all you new to Clemson football, look at where we were from 1992 to 2008. Mostly irrelevant with a bunch of satisfying, yet not-noteworthy-on-the-national-stage wins over usuc.

THAT is our REALITY.

Besides, we might be on the cusp of greatness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD material.***

Sep 14, 2014, 4:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reality Check on Dabo & Co

Sep 14, 2014, 4:47 PM

Well we won 11 and 11 so what your saying it's ok if we only lose to good teams. But yet we are a good team and they beat us? I get it everything is ok then.

Sep 14, 2014, 4:59 PM

Don't remember a lot of historical wins but do remember a few historical losses the past few years

Sep 15, 2014, 8:42 AM

That's because you are a fuzzy duck

Sep 15, 2014, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Reality Check on Dabo & Co ]

Coots remember chit about the same but reversed. They member the good chit, and have no idea what cha talking about when you bring up their bad chit!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all of the realities are confusing***

Sep 14, 2014, 4:49 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm tired of ppl calling pessimism "reality".***

Sep 14, 2014, 7:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the most inspiring thing I've read all day!

Sep 14, 2014, 7:56 PM

& that includes articles on ancient Chinese oracle bones!

Unfortunately, I believe your enthusiasm may be overly egregious since the next game Clemson plays is, after all, on the road against the #1 team in the nation & defending national champions with the current defending Heisman Trophy holder.

If at this time next week the "reality" is that Clemson didn't lose by more than 20 I'll consider giving you a thumbs up in the near future.

Keep the faith!

Just when you think we are on our way to Greatness A

Sep 14, 2014, 8:02 PM

Orange bowl/west virginia/Florida State ETC happens. Like back to the drawing board

Re: Just when you think we are on our way to Greatness A

Sep 15, 2014, 9:26 AM

You are a chicken fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't forget USuC. They aren't going away.***

Sep 15, 2014, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Just when you think we are on our way to Greatness A ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

yes they are...trust me...think

Sep 16, 2014, 12:09 AM

cellar in about 3 years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a reality check for ya, they only play about 2-3 good

Sep 15, 2014, 8:35 AM

teams a year and lose the majority of them. the rest of the time the Morris high school offense racks up major stats against sisters-of-the-poor. Dabo/Morris continually get schooled when going up against quality coordinators. The offensive coaching staff is an amateur hack job. If that's fine with you, that's your opinion. But most of us expect and demand better from Clemson and from the highest paid coaching staff in the nation.

Re: Here's a reality check for ya, they only play about 2-3 good

Sep 15, 2014, 8:44 AM

How many good teams did we play last year? How many did we win?

Like Urban Meyer and Les Miles schooled us?

Sep 15, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Here's a reality check for ya, they only play about 2-3 good ]

Many posters here are just trying to create problems anyway. Many of those are likely 14 year old gamecock fans, but that is what makes the internet the internet.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steve Spurrier.***

Sep 15, 2014, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 15, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Here's a reality check for ya, they only play about 2-3 good ]

You are a chicken fan.

null

Sep 16, 2014, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Here's a reality check for ya, they only play about 2-3 good ]

I'm with you, alltimeclemson!!!

The reality is that when we lose, we get blown out.

Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 AM

I do not have a problem losing by a touch down or a field goal. Leaving everything on the field in a close, hard fought game lets you hold your head high. But the way we lose the big ones? Not so much.

We arm-chair coaches, who have been around awhile, have seen what power football can do. The kind of football that has the other team's defense playing on rubber legs by the 4th quarter. Having a great QB and wide receivers is good, really good, but that is only half the equation. And year after year some of us keep hoping Dabo will see the light, but it never happens.

Late in the game, SCar drove relentlessly down the field to score against UGA. One thing allowed them to do that. The left side of their offensive line.

Usually I say that reality is overrated...

Sep 15, 2014, 9:15 AM

...but that seems to be right on course. Well said!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 9:21 AM

I agree with all of that 100%. To add to it though, Dabo and Co. need to see the writing on the wall. The O-Line is weak, and has been weak. That's where Clemson gets beat 90% of the time. The defense is/should be where it needs to be. We will see more at Tally IF the O-Line will do their job and let the guys make plays.

IMO breaking down like they did against SC-St. is sad.

The coots beat a team that whipped us pretty good.

Sep 15, 2014, 9:22 AM

That's the tree that is blocking many's view of the forest right now. Like I said earlier, we just need to win our games and whip their feathers off on 11/29. If we do that, no one will care who the coots beat because we won't be one of their victories.

GO TIGERS! IT STARTS SATURDAY!

Re: The coots beat a team that whipped us pretty good.

Sep 16, 2014, 12:09 AM

I saw the same teem that beat us beat the coots on their field. Its nor Georgia's fault that the reff saw something totally different when a UGA player was performing a text book block. Blocking a man until he falls to the ground isn't holding in the rules book, its doing a great job of blocking, period....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haters ain't gonna like this...

Sep 15, 2014, 9:23 AM

Which is great!

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Hater's can't like or they become likers.***

Sep 15, 2014, 9:26 AM

reality is its time to beat fsu and teh coots..

Sep 15, 2014, 9:29 AM

dabo great recruiter but tends to have a couple of blow out losses in his sytem each season which is no different than losing to a team we should beat imo

Reality is a double-edge sword

Sep 15, 2014, 4:15 PM

I get what you are saying and clearly, we are on a MUCH higher/better level than we were after the Administration decided to kill the football program. I think we are all appreciative of being back to our "football school", "something special in them hills" roots. However, FSU has/is and will likely continue to have some advantages that take time to deal with, much less overcome. While I don't like it, they will be tough to topple as long as they don't have a nemrod at the helm. USuC is a different story though. We recruit on par with them, have owned them for most of my 52 years (until Dabo's reign), and have a vastly superior history/tradition to lean on. I'm at a place that I'm tired of us not only losing to them and that jerk of a HC they have, but playing scared, timid and in most games, like a different team than we field the rest of the year. It's time for Dabo and Company to end the streak and start winning this game - PERIOD. I hear the whiny folks telling me how good USuC is now. Well I don't give a crap. Seriously, that's our excuse - because they have a decent team - finally!!! Five in a row was enough for me to say let's start all over; I can't even think about 6, 7, 8 or more in a row that way too many on this Board seem to think is acceptable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reality is a double-edge sword

Sep 16, 2014, 12:22 AM

TU, SBrooks! Needs to be said. Often. I think some of the younger fans fail to grasp the importance of this game. We've always owned them, period.

Only thing missing here is 9 more thumb's up***

Sep 15, 2014, 4:17 PM

Very well said!

Sep 16, 2014, 7:44 AM

I love the "air at the top" part.

GO TIGERS!

I LOVE THIS TEAM AND UNIVERSITY!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All In, All The Time...1314797352813

Replies: 30